IGNORED

Highlights now up...

cityexile

They always used to teach you to play to the whistle, but watching their goal, Joe B is ball watching, then stops and sticks his hand up (along with others) rather than actually getting a block in.

both JB and Hörður seemed too scared to give anything away (understandable I guess with the refs nowadays) but it should have been dealt with.

2 hours ago, Antman said:

They always used to teach you to play to the whistle, but watching their goal, Joe B is ball watching, then stops and sticks his hand up (along with others) rather than actually getting a block in.

both JB and Hörður seemed too scared to give anything away (understandable I guess with the refs nowadays) but it should have been dealt with.

Yes, play to the ref blows, easy to say but thats it. Think like Bryan the ball was out.

13 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

Ball looks out for a goal kick before Cardiff scored, which i thought at the time.

I sit in lower Lansdown just in a line with the 'D' , I thought it was out but my mates, and other mates who sit higher didn't.
I did think it must have been very close when they didn't replay the goal on th e screen.
We had chances to get the ball away, but any touch and it would have been a pen, they don't need asking twice to go down. Once they got in the area we were in trouble, still a poor goal.

11 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Very close but impossible to tell from that angle? 

What I can't understand is how we can have goal line technology but can't have the same did whether ball is in play. 

We’re behind the goal in the first row. The ball did not go out. Hörður to blame I’m afraid. He froze.

Both to blame - JB for the reasons highlighted in the posts above but for Hörður to allow him to squeeze along the goal line - schoolboy stuff - has to be stronger / wiser there

(I think JB is probably working on theory that HM will block the line off and Hoilett will have to turn back out , straight into him)

On a more positive note - what two great pieces of play leading to our openener

Hadnt realised that Milan finds himself in a difficult position to head the ball but manages to just turn himself to chest it off to JB (Hadn't seen that touch at time) and Joes burst inside ultimately creates the space and angle for COD to round it off with a quality finish

Great goal all round :clapping:

4 minutes ago, Hellfire Corner said:

Freeze the video at the moment the ball goes the furthest forward and it is clearly still in. In fact the bottom of the ball is only on the middle of the white line, so no where near was the ball out. Not an opinion, but video technology proves it.

I’d just done the same thing. Definitely in.

4307DA1F-3159-4875-AD7E-F0695A4627BA.thumb.jpeg.46e4cc9901b0c518a471915c5d307962.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Hellfire Corner said:

Freeze the video at the moment the ball goes the furthest forward and it is clearly still in. In fact the bottom of the ball is only on the middle of the white line, so no where near was the ball out. Not an opinion, but video technology proves it.

You don’t need technology - my 50 year old eyes right by it saw it - no way was it over the line.

As others have said School boy stuff. Didn’t really notice JB with his hand up at the time. More focused on HM who in my opinion was at fault.

He seemed to intent on ushering ball out of play when all he had to do was poke it out.

All said and done so what? We won, fantastic game and atmosphere and I remain convinced top 2 finish is definitely within our gift.

A bit late in the day, but I have just watched the extended highlights on the BCFC site.

Very early in the game, just before Peltier's yellow card, but did anybody notice Korey Smith pulling the Cardiff player back by his shirt?

It seemed he actually pulled him to the ground, but no penalty given.

Have I been misled by only seeing limited highlights, or should that indeed have been a penalty?

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

A bit late in the day, but I have just watched the extended highlights on the BCFC site.

Very early in the game, just before Peltier's yellow card, but did anybody notice Korey Smith pulling the Cardiff player back by his shirt?

It seemed he actually pulled him to the ground, but no penalty given.

Have I been misled by only seeing limited highlights, or should that indeed have been a penalty?

Looked to me that their player was leaning back into Korey, Korey moved sidewards which resulted in the leaning player to fall on his arse.

I imagine that is what the referee assumed and, from what I can tell from the highlights, no Cardiff player appealed.

Nevertheless, and I have just watched the highlights again, I remain convinced KS did pull the Cardiff player's shirt.

Whatever. No penalty was given, so all's well that ends well....

Just want to give Milan some love for his work in the box on Flint's goal.

Blocks off his 2 markers (who though both pushing him appear to make little progress) and then (perhaps fortuitously) blocks Flint's marker at the crucial moment allowing the uncontested header.

How'd you like that bit of forward play, Colin?

Archived