IGNORED

Maggers

wendyredredrobin

2 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

I think if O’Dowda hadn’t have had such a storming first half on the right we’d have seen LJ sub Mags for Leko or Eliassson and drop Bryan to left back and O’Dowda switch to the left wing. 

Better in second half but still I thought his positioning was terrible and Bryan/Baker were having to cover up for him time and again. 

Much as I thought Mags was having a bad game in the first half taking him off with Baker being in the condition he was would have been a very big risk.

18 minutes ago, Harry said:

Since when has it been acceptable for a top half championship player to be nervous and slice simple balls out of play through panic. He's not a 17 year old debutant. Smacks of 'not good enough at this level' to me. 

We all have different opinions and I can only speak from personal experience that in my own work career my performance has been impacted by feedback , adjusting to change. My excuse is that I’m a human 

1 hour ago, Chris said:

He had at least 3 chances to put the ball out before they scored & failed to make the correct decision at all.  Kids get taught to put the ball out if it's in a dangerous position in your own box, why didn't he?

As I thought at the time and confirmed after watching the highlights Joe was far from blameless for their goal either.

11 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

We CANNOT sell Flint now. Starting price £10 mill, with no real desire to let go even then. Pay him what he needs. Keep Aden.

Selling Aden for anything less than really stupid money in January would show a real lack of ambition - unless of course he wanted to go, and personally that does not appear to be the case to me.

Magnússon is great when given time and space. When he has time to read and process the game and time to get the ball under and pick a pass, he's great. But you just don't get that in the Championship- especially not in a back 4 and the way that we play. If he can speed up that thought process I really think he's an asset, I'm just not sure he's ever going do that 

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Not a great game for him today, didn't quite seem up to the pace.  At fault for their goal, made quite a few mistakes and fell over the ball a couple of times (once very badly).

Great long throw though always causes problems and a goal from one today.

You can see why he is not always in the team though with much better players ahead of him, but he's young and still improving andhope he will make the grade.  Seems like a nice lad too.

I’ve not bothered to read the rest on the thread, but he was dreadful today. Nowhere near good enough for us, or this level. 

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Worth a mention....was Taylor playing in slow mo when he came on? Worst player on the pitch today for me.

Not just me that noticed this then. 

He added absolutely nothing, apart from pointing at others to tell them where to go, going up for headers (all of which he lost) whilst looking at his opponent, not the ball.

Poor Djuric was absolutely ****** by the time he came on but he did none of his running for him to give him a break and lost possession ridiculously to set Cardiff on the attack very late on.

Knew someone would slag off Woodrow, at least he got back to foul an opponent to break up play, Taylor jogged by the side of his.

But of course we signed him and made Rovers weaker, so he always plays well..

Wasn't on long enough to be considered the worst, but he was poor.

I thought the opposite with Taylor. He was on the shoulder and poised to sprint lots and made lots of splitting runs - they were not seen on the pitch, if they were he could have been played in lots. 

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

He had a poor game today and makes me nervous lately.

But lets not forget he was good for the first 15 games of last season and was even apparently linked with a 10m move to Spurs.

Needs confidence.

Think he is the type  of player who must have a run of games and not suited like some others of sitting on the bench and coming on as an impact player. A few wayward shots today and not always alert when the ball was passed to I him hopefully  with a run of games he will link up better with the team and be proactive rather than reactive in getting into the right position to either receive from or pass to another team mate.

Awful today . Can see why he doesn’t make the team apart from injuries. Extremely lightweight and massively panics when in possession. Everything Cardiff tried to do was aimed down his flank . Still he came up with an assist and the team still won . Back to the bench after the break. 

for a players first start at home this season and out of his usual position I think some of the remarks are a bit harsh, initially he done well on the goal and I thought the ball had gone out, should have stuck with it agreed on that, 2nd half looked way more solid with Cardiff not coming down that side every attack, as for baker covering for himself and maggs is nonsense, baker looked injured for me, this international break came at the right time.

Patience, he will imo get bettet, at Fulham he got caught out a couple of times, but on the credit side also made a couple of crucial tackles. As to his long throw, thars two assists , so i think if we were chasing a game he could be an interesting impact player for the throw in if nothing else

Last season, many were doubting Paterson, Brownhill and O'Dowda. One way or another they all got game time and are solid first teamers this season. I think we saw enough quality in Magnússon when he played a run of games to know he can make it, he hasn't really had the chance with better defensive options available. We need a squad at least as deep as the one we have so I would like us to keep him.

I wish we could bring him on for throw-ins whenever needed!

4 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Seems a cracking lad but Hasn't improved or adapted IMHO since he arrived sadly

Looks like he's not suited to the physicality / intensity / Pace  of Championship and there aren't great signs that he's learning / adapting and he's not technical enough to offer something else

Might he time to find him a move for his sake - Can anyone seriously see him becoming a First Team regular here ?

Same with Hegeler for me

Decent enough players but not for the Championship in England

And it sounds harsh but taking two places / wages in squad , and could be improved on IMHO

Earlier on this week people were criticising him and I thought maybe he hasn't really had a good chance to prove himself, well today he did against a top side in this division and the jury has delivered it's verdict and it's guilty of not being good enough, some will say and I'm sure they will, I am being harsh he is young etc, we have far better players at the club and I cant see him holding down a first team place unless we have like at the moment injury problems, a good throw in is not a good enough reason to include him in the side.

Archived