IGNORED

Thank you Brentford

Never to the dark side

12 hours ago, spudski said:

They'll finish top 6 imo, unless they get hit by injuries. They play football how it should be played....just like us.

Agree, best team we played this season, their own manager was pointing out after our game when they were down the bottom how unlucky they had been with results and he wasn't wrong, definitely seeing their true form emerge.

With that said, I wouldn't have thought they have the financial fire power we do, so interesting that they are still clear favourites to become the 50th ever Premier League team (next team to play in the Premier League for the first time).

"50TH TEAM TO PLAY IN THE ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE"

59fed6ca10456_ScreenShot2017-11-05at09_15_59.thumb.png.3d3c7e22a7b10ff404ab00e5a058ad88.png

http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action=go_event&category=SOCCER&ev_class_id=115&ev_type_id=29940&ev_id=12606596&force_racing_css=N&ev_desc=50th Team to Play in the English Premier League

10 minutes ago, Olé said:

Agree, best team we played this season, their own manager was pointing out after our game when they were down the bottom how unlucky they had been with results and he wasn't wrong, definitely seeing their true form emerge.

With that said, I wouldn't have thought they have the financial fire power we do, so interesting that they are still clear favourites to become the 50th ever Premier League team (next team to play in the Premier League for the first time).

59fed6ca10456_ScreenShot2017-11-05at09_15_59.thumb.png.3d3c7e22a7b10ff404ab00e5a058ad88.png

http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action=go_event&category=SOCCER&ev_class_id=115&ev_type_id=29940&ev_id=12606596&force_racing_css=N&ev_desc=50th Team to Play in the English Premier League

My God, that list just shows how far back in the queue we've been for so long. 

2 hours ago, Olé said:

Meaningless I know but you`d think they`ve given up on the sweaties joining in.

2 minutes ago, 22A said:

Looking at that table, it appears to be names drawn at random; Celtic are behind Rangers. Cheltenham are lower than Orient and both are several places lower than Halifax.

Think some of it will be the club’s history.  Despite Orient being non-League, the bookies probably think they’ve more chance of climbing to the Prem than Cheltenham.

3 hours ago, Olé said:

GAS high up that list, mind. Could argue they are coming for us.

Our away results are so impressive showing what a good thing it is to follow Lee's stats out of Bristol: a point at Brentford and Wolves and comfortable wins at places like Ipswich, Fulham, Sunderland, Reading, Add a close win at high flying Watford and it has been more fun per mile at this level than for donkeys years. Keep it going City ! 

22 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Our away results are so impressive showing what a good thing it is to follow Lee's stats out of Bristol: a point at Brentford and Wolves and comfortable wins at places like Ipswich, Fulham, Sunderland, Reading, Add a close win at high flying Watford and it has been more fun per mile at this level than for donkeys years. Keep it going City ! 

I would not describe our win at Reading as comfortable!

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I’d say Preston are the only team in the ‘same-size’ bracket as us.  Plus their history is bigger than ours.

I'd agree. Shocking there are so few teams who haven't done it, I hasn't realised it was that bad. Preston have had the history yes, but so many teams near them competing. Brentford is a suburb of London so much the same as Preston in that respect. But there is no excuse why a city of our size hasn't produced a Premiership team, and it isn't going to be THAT lot. 

Archived