IGNORED

Comedy gold on the Cardiff forums

BS3_RED

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Not patronising

Just confused why you’d think even that lot would disrespect the minutes silence

:blink:

Because the atmsphere was charged. i meant it as much for our fans as theirs. did you see the Brenford game.  not exactly quiet for most of it.   pastronising to suggest I wouldnt know what the remembrance thing is about maybe??

4 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Because the atmsphere was charged. i meant it as much for our fans as theirs. did you see the Brenford game.  not exactly quiet for most of it.   pastronising to suggest I wouldnt know what the remembrance thing is about maybe??

I apologise if you think I was being patronising - was genuinely mystified by your thought process

Am I Right to assume from your brief clues  that you watched Brentford v Leeds , that they had a minutes silence which wasn’t well observed and that was your thought process behind your comments ?

Whats this .....Poirot ?

;)

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I apologise if you think I was being patronising - was genuinely mystified by your thought process

Am I Right to assume from your brief clues  that you watched Brentford v Leeds , that they had a minutes silence which wasn’t well observed and that was your thought process behind your comments ?

Top man.   Bob, enjoy the times    (while they last ?????    maybe  :laugh:

It was. Leeds fans I think

Bob. at the Brentford game the whole silence thing was a mess. The camera was panning the crowd and there was head shaking and stuff. all a bit embarrassing really. That people cant just shut up for 1 minute and reflect. Both clubs did that today with pride. That was my point anyway, Im drinking and becoming less understandable   :laugh:

6 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Top man.   Bob, enjoy the times    (while they last ?????    maybe  :laugh:

It’s fantastic :clapping:

Just hope people except how tough this is going to be to maintain our position and not go conkers if we fall short or drop off

Im more delighted by the overall progress and the strengthening across the Club which should  :fingerscrossed: equate to more times like these and less of the miserable ones 

:yes:

It’s fantastic :clapping:

Just hope people except how tough this is going to be to maintain our position and not go confers if we fall short

Im more delighted by the overall progress and the strengthening across the Club which should  :fingerscrossed: equate to more times like these and less of the miserable ones 

:yes:

Bob, when you next on Talksport?   :laugh:

18 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

You do realise rememberance day is for all those that lost their lives ?

English , Scottish , Welsh , Irish , Numerous Europeans .... in fact from most of World including Germans and their allies

Why would Cardiff fans disrespect the minutes silence ?

:blink:

If i have missed countless posts apologies but I thought Cardiff observed the silence as they should. Non remembrance day silences have not been observed by some Brighton last season for example.

3 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

If i have missed countless posts apologies but I thought Cardiff observed the silence as they should. Non remembrance day silences have not been observed by some Brighton last season for example.

Thankfully I’m not sure I’ve ever witnessed the rememberance minute spoilt 

@AppyDAZE at the Brentford game was it general noise ? Or chanting ? 

Sad to hear

Thankfully I’m not sure I’ve ever witnessed the rememberance minute spoilt 

@AppyDAZE at the Brentford game was it general noise ? Or chanting ? 

Sad to hear

Nothing mad, but just a bit sad seeing as the announcer guy was listing all the Brentford and Leeds players that died in the wars and some., just some couldnt shut tfu

10 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

They were singing something at one point today, and I promise you I could not understand ONE word of what they were saying. Weird.

There ‘National’ anthem in yakeeda lingo was pretty good. To be fair, they also clapped for the Hawkins lad, so credit where credit is due.

Went in the South stand yesterday and funniest moment for me was when one of the blow up sheep got thrown on the pitch by someone. Steward removes it. Next thing chant goes up “we want our sheep back” - great game to watch. Good times ahead for all of us!!

As someone whose parents were both from or near Cardiff, and who was brought up to think of myself as Welsh (even though I’ve never lived in Wales), it’s hard to explain the passion that the Welsh national anthem generates.  It really is something very very special, and the fact that everyone sings it is quite something.  Sadly the dirge that is God Save the Queen will never achieve that level of passion and why should it?  It’s a song about a German family, not about the country itself ;).  Also the passion of national anthems is completely undermined by having some third-rate opera singer warbling away, so leave it to the crowd.

Cardiff fans are passionate like City fans are, and fair play to them for that.  I’m sure we both have a few nutters, but for me the Severnside Derby now has real bite to it, which has to be a good thing.

Whenever we get a post-match thread on someone else's forum, it usually seems to start with "THEY'RE ALL SAYING THIS, THEY'RE ALL IDIOTS" with no links or direct quotes, followed by numerous comments along the lines of "WHAT DO YOU EXPECT THEY'RE ALL *****" etc etc etc.

Actually, I've just had a look at the Cardiff forums and the opinions are nowhere near as one-sided as the OP suggests. This thread is a good example, with a range of views - some describing Cardiff as "poor", "disappointing", etc, while others felt they should have got something from the game.

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php?428114-Just-got-back&s=6b3c0ac8c00e5f645ce67da099bac1b8

Just got back......

And we were well beaten by a much better side. 

We were also really poor just to make matters worse and barely strung two passes together. 

Their right winger had Peltier in his pocket in the first half and it was no suprise that their first goal came from there. 

Patterson was constantly beaten with ease on the other wing. Maybe he is still not match fit but was beaten at least three times that I counted with too much difficulty. 

Midfield seemed overrun and I’m still not convinced about the merits of Bryson other than him running around a lot, especially if Bamba is one of the midfield three. 

And why bring Tomlin on with SIX mins left??!! We were chasing the game and so surely needed to give him/someone else longer has that?

So very disappointing today. Maybe not as bad as the rubbish at Birmingham but we can’t afford too many more of these types of performances.

That's more magnanimous than I've felt about all their recent wins over us!!

41 minutes ago, Xiled said:

Their right winger had Peltier in his pocket in the first half

Taken from your quoting of someone more sensible on the Cardiff forum - how right they are. 

I honestly couldn't decide if it said more about O'Dowda's progress or more about the ability of the Cardiff left back, who looked absolutely terrified from five minutes in. I know the booking made it hard for him, but he was in a right old panic and when he picked up a knock in the 40th minute he definitely thought about asking to go off, you could see his body language become hesitant for a minute or two looking at the bench, hoping he had an excuse to get out of there. 

1 hour ago, GasDestroyer said:

There ‘National’ anthem in yakeeda lingo was pretty good. To be fair, they also clapped for the Hawkins lad, so credit where credit is due.

Went in the South stand yesterday and funniest moment for me was when one of the blow up sheep got thrown on the pitch by someone. Steward removes it. Next thing chant goes up “we want our sheep back” - great game to watch. Good times ahead for all of us!!

Anthem was good. But giving credit to people for not spoiling a tribute to someone's passing?.... We must have pretty low expectations of people. 

5 minutes ago, Olé said:

Taken from your quoting of someone more sensible on the Cardiff forum - how right they are. 

I honestly couldn't decide if it said more about O'Dowda's progress or more about the ability of the Cardiff left back, who looked absolutely terrified from five minutes in. I know the booking made it hard for him, but he was in a right old panic and when he picked up a knock in the 40th minute he definitely thought about asking to go off, you could see his body language become hesitant for a minute or two looking at the bench, hoping he had an excuse to get out of there. 

It's amazing what a bit of confidence can do isn't it Rob. Callum looks a yard and a half quicker and suddenly, all doubts about his ability to beat a man on the outside seem to have vanished.

13 minutes ago, Olé said:

Isn't Peltier normally a right back Rob -  playing on wrong side ?

Think the early booking was pivotal

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I didn't know he was out of position as well. That would explain a lot. Tough day for him.

14 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

It's been the same from fans of pretty much every team we've beaten this season (with the notable exception of the Derby lot who I thought were very gracious in defeat).

We must be the luckiest team that has ever existed.

Fulham forum very complimentary also...

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

The booking that Colin said was harsh! Was a basic rugby tackle from Peltier. Obvious yellow but old Colin is a little one sided at the best of times!

Archived