IGNORED

Football on 5

Aizoon

1 hour ago, redfieldred said:

This show is soooo much better this season ( a bit like Bcfc) mostly down to the excellent Colin Murray.  , who unlike George Kelly and to a lesser extent Lyndsey hipgrave actually seems interested in teams that didn't used to be famous. 

Colin Murray is very much a football man. Plus I like them discussing fans views on affairs, especially when they go to teams struggling where normally they get overlooked for the big clubs like Leeds, Sheff Wed, Us....

5 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

Not sure who Rob is but he came across well, could have slightly over-reacted with his comments on Bobby Reid. That run taking out half Cardiff's team was special, if hed have put that away then thatd be goal of the season nailed on.

That's our @Olé

:thumbsup:

( He's Bobbys new agent :thumbsup: , %10 of any transfer fee )

;):laughcont:

2 hours ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Colin Murray is very much a football man. Plus I like them discussing fans views on affairs, especially when they go to teams struggling where normally they get overlooked for the big clubs like Leeds, Sheff Wed, Us....

Been very impressed with Colin on the CH5 show. He has been complimentary about us most weeks.

1 hour ago, The Gasbuster said:

Been very impressed with Colin on the CH5 show. He has been complimentary about us most weeks.

He does rate us highly, said something along the lines of “most attractive footballing team outside of the prem” the other week. 

As for the the show I like it, 1000x better than the bbc version and miles ahead of last year. The only part I don’t like is the bit with the woman analysing a game by a tv. Usually messes up what she says and not sure what the point of having her on is? Would also be better if they could get managers/players in after the games like they did last year throughout the show. 

1 minute ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Am I the only one to think that the number of straight red cards we see these days is becoming alarming.

Hard tackles and mistimed tackles are being punished yet blatent and deliberate cheating is tolerated.

The good news is that non deliberate cheating is being picked up and punished after games have finished.

My problem with tackling is that there seems little room for proper tackles any more, as anything involving decent physical contact results in a booking at least, and often a red card. Im all for protecting skilful players from the sort of career ending challenges that we used to see back in the 60s, 70s and 80s, but i do now think that things have gone too far the other way so that too many players know that they can kid a referee by feigning a hard challenge even when there is little or no real contact. 

Im not a computer expert, but if your interested look up world club championship featuring Celtic v River Plate ( I think) from the 60s. That was the days when tackles , and much more, were really flying on.

2 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

I`m afraid I can`t listen to Clinton Morrison for long though. His voice is like a parody of some gangsta wannabe. He was on Sky a few weeks back and I thought the same then and they`ve not had him back since. It`s a shame really as he does seem to know his way around this division.

3 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Am I the only one to think that the number of straight red cards we see these days is becoming alarming.

Hard tackles and mistimed tackles are being punished yet blatent and deliberate cheating is tolerated.

Luckily that's all changing and lads are now getting rightly banned for being pushed to the ground :fear:

3 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I`m afraid I can`t listen to Clinton Morrison for long though. His voice is like a parody of some gangsta wannabe. He was on Sky a few weeks back and I thought the same then and they`ve not had him back since. It`s a shame really as he does seem to know his way around this division.

“INNIT “

Archived