IGNORED

Dolman Tannoy - again

Robbored

I appreciate that this topic is about as dull as it gets but the sound system in the Dolman is just as muffled and indistinguishable as it's always been.

Couldnt tell what Macca was saying via the screen, let alone what the questions were before the game. The music sounded clear  but anything verbal was virtually inaudible. Several guys around me were complying about it.

Its so frustrating. We have a state of art rebuilt stadium but an unfit for purpose sound system. It's an utter disgrace that nobody at the club seems to take it seriously.

MKelly seems to think we're making it up despite the numerous complaints about the poor sound quality. It's been like it since the revamp was completed around 18/12 ago. Only recently we had 'sound engineers' strategicly placed around and MKelly making a personal appearance to hear for himself. 

Fair enough you might think, at least something is happening at last but turn up today expecting to hear a clear sound system but....guess what?   absolutely  zero has happened..................:facepalm:

41 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I appreciate that this topic is about as dull as it gets but the sound system in the Dolman is just as muffled and indistinguishable as it's always been.

Couldnt tell what Macca was saying via the screen, let alone what the questions were before the game. The music sounded clear  but anything verbal was virtually inaudible. Several guys around me were complying about it.

Its so frustrating. We have a state of art rebuilt stadium but an unfit for purpose sound system. It's an utter disgrace that nobody at the club seems to take it seriously.

MKelly seems to think we're making it up despite the numerous complaints about the poor sound quality. It's been like it since the revamp was completed around 18/12 ago. Only recently we had 'sound engineers' strategicly placed around and MKelly making a personal appearance to hear for himself. 

Fair enough you might think, at least something is happening at last but turn up today expecting to hear a clear sound system but....guess what?   absolutely  zero has happened..................:facepalm:

I'm deaf, so I should have no say. Infact I dont.

But I have seen numerous posters complain about it, I know I will never understand tannoys in a million years, but if you normie hearies cant hear it, then there really must be a problem, and if you say nothing is being done etc then for the club, that is disgraceful.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

It is a bit annoying, but when you arranged to meet Mr Kelly, he agreed & waited for you (on a busy match day) you failed to turn up. 

NB: I’d rather they didn’t do the interviews, than did them with poor sound, but whinging about it on here is not the answer. 

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

It is a bit annoying, but when you arranged to meet Mr Kelly, he agreed & waited for you (on a busy match day) you failed to turn up. 

NB: I’d rather they didn’t do the interviews, than did them with poor sound, but whinging about it on here is not the answer. 

What was his excuse for not attending a pre-arranged meeting to sort out the thing he moans the most about?

It’s not just the Dolman then. It was my first game of the season and in the Lansdown stand it was exactly the same. Surprised how poor the clarity of the PA system was.

Also expected them to show the subs or the goalscorers on the screens which would’ve made up for it a bit. At least this part shouldn’t be too hard to fix.

Anyone have Mark Kelly’s email? 

6 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I was late and so it's entirely my fault that the tannoy is crap and that nothing has been done to improve it?

About a month ago I phoned AG and asked to be put through to MKelly and got nowhere. It was "I'll pass on a message, and he'll contact you" .............:facepalm:

This is the only place to complain about pretty much anything at AG. 

52 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

I’m surprised tannoy threads are never merged, as most others seem to be, so are we due another dustbin merging thread? :whistle: 

You think the tannoy complaints are worthy of a dustbin thread?..............jeeez.............:facepalm:

33 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I was late and so it's entirely my fault that the tannoy is crap and that nothing has been done to improve it?

About a month ago I phoned AG and asked to be put through to MKelly and got nowhere. It was "I'll pass on a message, and he'll contact you" .............:facepalm:

This is the only place to complain about pretty much anything at AG. 

Actually, you know what - I can see your point.

Granted - you missed the meeting but you acknowledge that.

Just because your meeting didn’t take place doesn’t mean the club can’t be proactive and look into it themselves. Plenty are aware of the problem and you just highlighted it for them.

It certainly isn't right. Volume was lower than sometimes yesterday but so muffled. Usually it's bad but I can make out roughly what is being said by guessing, but yesterday I didn't even have the odd word to go on. I've been to a fair few away grounds now and nobody's PA is as bad as ours I'm ashamed to say.

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

It certainly isn't right. Volume was lower than sometimes yesterday but so muffled. Usually it's bad but I can make out roughly what is being said by guessing, but yesterday I didn't even have the odd word to go on. I've been to a fair few away grounds now and nobody's PA is as bad as ours I'm ashamed to say.

I bet it's even better at the Mem!

I'll go wash my mouth out now!

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Actually, you know what - I can see your point.

Granted - you missed the meeting but you acknowledge that.

Just because your meeting didn’t take place doesn’t mean the club can’t be proactive and look into it themselves. Plenty are aware of the problem and you just highlighted it for them.

I do agree that it’s not working properly. It’s just quite amusing that Robored gets so wound up about it and when a senior club official arranged to meet him, he didn’t show up!

Absolutely,  it should be sorted out by now, regardless. 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

I do agree that it’s not working properly. It’s just quite amusing that Robored gets so wound up about it and when a senior club official arranged to meet him, he didn’t show up!

Absolutely,  it should be sorted out by now, regardless. 

Yeah he should've attended the meeting.. but the tannoy is simply not good enough and I find it amazing to believe that the club had to meet none other than Robbored from Nailsea Bowls Club before they could possibly get around to fixing the issue!

3 hours ago, Warwickshire Red said:

It’s not just the Dolman then. It was my first game of the season and in the Lansdown stand it was exactly the same. Surprised how poor the clarity of the PA system was.

Also expected them to show the subs or the goalscorers on the screens which would’ve made up for it a bit. At least this part shouldn’t be too hard to fix.

Anyone have Mark Kelly’s email? 

I agree. I can't make out a word in the Lansdown, so fuzzy.

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yeah he should've attended the meeting.. but the tannoy is simply not good enough and I find it amazing to believe that the club had to meet none other than Robbored from Nailsea Bowls Club before they could possibly get around to fixing the issue!

It's ineptitude of the highest order imv. It's almost unbelievable that the sound system hasn't worked properly for so long and nothing practical has been done thats made any difference,

Its downright embarrassing, shoddy and disrespectful to us fans. There's no point sending out anything vocal when we can't hear it clearly.

Next home game is 16 days away on the 21st and I predict now that absolutely nothing will have been done to improve the sound system.

Agreed, I'm in Lansdown W11 couldn't make out anything . If there was any safety announcements I'd never hear them.

I also agree that the subs and scorers should be put on the screens - wasn't the whole point of the screens to inform and enhance the match experience?

Ir woyld be reallt nice to hear the names of the subs who are coming on and the goalscorer when I miss seeing who got the last touch.

As for the interviews, I have to just ignore them. Can't hear a single word.

Heaven knows what will happen if they have to announce that there is a bomb in the Dolman sound.  Must be treated as a serious health and safety issue.

5 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Heaven knows what will happen if they have to announce that there is a bomb in the Dolman sound.  Must be treated as a serious health and safety issue.

That's a very good point actually. The flares thing was treated with such extreme seriousness because of the health and safety repercussions.. this feels like a far bigger hazard. 

Archived