IGNORED

Dolman Tannoy - again

Robbored

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It's ineptitude of the highest order imv. It's almost unbelievable that the sound system hasn't worked properly for so long and nothing practical has been done thats made any difference,

Its downright embarrassing, shoddy and disrespectful to us fans. There's no point sending out anything vocal when we can't hear it clearly.

Next home game is 16 days away on the 21st and I predict now that absolutely nothing will have been done to improve the sound system.

Indeed, Mark Kelly seems to have given up on this one, it does seem ridiculous that 20K (should that be 1000/20?) people can pay pay quite a lot of money to attend a major sporting event and not be able to hear anything being broadcast.

Nowhere near as important as the action on the pitch I agree, but something that can and should be sorted out.

It's not a big concern of mine I confess...but fact is that in the Dolman I've yet to understand any of the pre-match or post-match interviews...in which case why bother? Who are these interviews aimed at? Getting a tannoy to work really shouldn't be all that difficult.

7 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Indeed, Mark Kelly seems to have given up on this one, it does seem ridiculous that 20K (should that be 1000/20?) people can pay pay quite a lot of money to attend a major sporting event and not be able to hear anything being broadcast.

Nowhere near as important as the action on the pitch I agree, but something that can and should be sorted out.

MKelly does seem to have gone awol. No input at all on here explaining what he's doing to sort out the problem. Maybe he's has developed the "head in sand" syndrome.

Yesterday was a good day. City won a tough game and well deserved it. I've no complaints at all about what's happening on the pitch but yesterday would have been even better had we been able to hear verbal broadcasts clearly. 

We had to guess who was replacing who come substitutes time. Good job we can recognise our own players but as for the away team subs - no idea.

15 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

It's not a big concern of mine I confess...but fact is that in the Dolman I've yet to understand any of the pre-match or post-match interviews...in which case why bother? Who are these interviews aimed at? Getting a tannoy to work really shouldn't be all that difficult.

Exactly. If the club thinks it is worth doing these interviews then they are deluded. I have never been able to make out one word of what is said. There must be someone who thinks the interviews have an aim - is it supposed to entertain us? Whoever sets these up needs to have it explained to them that it is totally pointless.

Btw can we have the 18/12, 24/7 debate again please as I found it quite amusing last time :whistle:

1 hour ago, CodeRed said:

Agreed, I'm in Lansdown W11 couldn't make out anything . ****If there was any safety announcements I'd never hear them.

I also agree that the subs and scorers should be put on the screens - wasn't the whole point of the screens to inform and enhance the match experience?

.... one for the 'SAG' ?

It's about time they got involved in something worthwhile.... & if they do you can bet your arse the problem would be sorted asap as a club top priority.. 

(maybe we could flog the system to Temple Meads or somewhere, hmm, or maybe that's where it cane from in the first place?)  .. 

Needs a team of sound engineers to set the system up properly and balance it for, music, live mic announcements, pre recorded audio video etc... get volume/bass levels sorted appropriate to output..  (even if it was 'rocket science', which its not, its almost 50years since man first walked on the moon ffs!.. so how hard can it be to sort out some audible audio?)

5 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yeah he should've attended the meeting.. but the tannoy is simply not good enough and I find it amazing to believe that the club had to meet none other than Robbored from Nailsea Bowls Club before they could possibly get around to fixing the issue!

They didn't ! They spent £31,000 of upgrades before the ' meeting' that never happened.

To be fair the club had good info from a former manager that RR tends not to turn up for face to face meetings. 

18 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Nothing wrong with Tannoy in dolman on Saturday. 

Clearly better since they've done extra work on them.

But hey something for RR to moan about and he had the chance to meet MK but was ' to busy chatting ' !!

It was dreadful!  Absolutely no difference to how it's been since the revamp. 

It wasn't just me Spoons that were struggling to hear. The music was perfect but anything verbal was unclear and muffled and pretty much everyone near me were complaining about it. Comments like "what's he saying?" When Macca was on the screen.

No idea where in the Dolman you are but if you could hear verbal broadcasts clearly you're in the minority.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It was dreadful!  Absolutely no difference to how it's been since the revamp. 

It wasn't just me Spoons that were struggling to hear. The music was perfect but anything verbal was unclear and muffled and pretty much everyone near me were complaining about it. Comments like "what's he saying?" When Macca was on the screen.

No idea where in the Dolman you are but if you could hear verbal broadcasts clearly you're in the minority.

Couldn't disagree more. Since the improvements it's fine.

Archived