IGNORED

A Chairman’s Naivety....

Maesknoll Red

Interesting. We were talking to a Sunderland fan last weekend about their problems and he said that their Chairman hadn't been afraid the splash the cash, but has been consistently badly advised. What they needed, he thought, was someone to work alongside the chairman and the coach/manager who had a thorough knowledge of football.  Someone with managerial and negotiating skills, not coaching skills, and someone both could trust.

sound familiar? I thought then that's exactly where we were three years ago, and what a difference since Mark Ashton arrived, and since we started to think about the whole management structure from chairman to director to coach as a single team.

14 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Interesting. We were talking to a Sunderland fan last weekend about their problems and he said that their Chairman hadn't been afraid the splash the cash, but has been consistently badly advised. What they needed, he thought, was someone to work alongside the chairman and the coach/manager who had a thorough knowledge of football.  Someone with managerial and negotiating skills, not coaching skills, and someone both could trust.

sound familiar? I thought then that's exactly where we were three years ago, and what a difference since Mark Ashton arrived, and since we started to think about the whole management structure from chairman to director to coach as a single team.

We do seem to have been much more professional and hard-ball in that area.

I’m hoping the likes of Kodjia transfer reflect a better position, but I suspect we’ve also paid out more innsigning on fees and wages etc.

Ole is right some hoops think freeman is better than some of their dross but he'd be nowhere near our team now, not even 2nd team. Liked the guy in two thirds of Cott's Double team but useless since with those pointless step overs and no cross. 

Appalling assists and goals ratio to time on the pitch  with us at this level 

QPR can go down with Sunderland for all I care with two clowns as manager and owner. Again one. Cant even start to compare them with our two

• Admin
3 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

It`s an interesting article but it`s obviously a big `mea culpa` from Fernandez and is designed to help their appeal against the fine (which I am sure they won`t have to pay anyway)

Undoubtedly you are right about the ‘mea culpa’  but, I also can see how easy it must be to get carried away, I am not convinced that our own SL hasn’t done the same, albeit, not with huge transfers, but there have been rumours of high wages, impromptu and ultimately wasteful buys, that seems to have settled down now, so maybe QPR are on the same track.

For what it’s worth, I have a level,of sympathy with any club that has an income from the league, which is below that of the highest parachute payment.  To even the playing field in the Championship (whilst not always necessary) clubs that are in a position to match the highest parachute payment, should be allowed to do so.

I have no sympathy for Fernandes or QPR. It's easy to dismiss their financial stupidity as their own problem but over-paying for players (transfers and wages) distorts the market for clubs like BCFC. I hope they have to pay that £40M fine.

Archived