IGNORED

Sheffield Wednesday away (Merged)

BCFC1512

1 minute ago, OwlsonlineAdmin said:

That 4,626 you brought in 2004 was quality, on the back of 11 straight wins.

In the subsequent 7 trips you've brought 4,829.

I think that was the last “big” fixture we’ve had at your place. (Bar opening game a couple of seasons back, when there was something of a boycott because of ticket prices) 

We tend not to travel in great numbers to places north of the midlands. Hillsborough is an iconic stadium, that every supporter should visit at least once. However once you’ve been there, it’s not a very attractive away day, imo. 

It would be great to have you away at a key time in the season and make use of the large allocation. 

I remember an FA Cup match we brought about 4 up to you as well. Under Wilson I think and we lost that 1-0 too! 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think that was the last “big” fixture we’ve had at your place. (Bar opening game a couple of seasons back, when there was something of a boycott because of ticket prices) 

We tend not to travel in great numbers to places north of the midlands. Hillsborough is an iconic stadium, that every supporter should visit at least once. However once you’ve been there, it’s not a very attractive away day, imo. 

It would be great to have you away at a key time in the season and make use of the large allocation. 

I remember an FA Cup match we brought about 4 up to you as well. Under Wilson I think and we lost that 1-0 too! 

December 1999, Wilson was manager

Of us.

22 minutes ago, OwlsonlineAdmin said:

December 1999, Wilson was manager

Of us.

I remember that one. My only visit so far to Hillsborough. Can't remember much about the game but I liked the ground.

Was that around the time when Danny Wilson was under fire from lots of Sheff Wed fans, including the MP David Blunkett? 

Only been once before and looking forward to going again on Saturday. 

The only game was when Albert scored a free kick with a couple of minutes to go to put us 3-2 up. Wednesday went straight up the other end and appeared to equalise/ Should of had a penalty. I'm still not really quite sure what happened if I'm honest but we had a freekick awarded to us.... Wednesday players screaming in the referees face while we all looked around sheepishly feeling like we'd got away with one.

We left singing about staying up with a fresh sense of optimism after a recent upturn in results. 4 games later we were back to losing and got relegated in embarrassing fashion....

7 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

Only been once before and looking forward to going again on Saturday. 

The only game was when Albert scored a free kick with a couple of minutes to go to put us 3-2 up. Wednesday went straight up the other end and appeared to equalise/ Should of had a penalty. I'm still not really quite sure what happened if I'm honest but we had a freekick awarded to us.... Wednesday players screaming in the referees face while we all looked around sheepishly feeling like we'd got away with one.

We left singing about staying up with a fresh sense of optimism after a recent upturn in results. 4 games later we were back to losing and got relegated in embarrassing fashion....

Think it was Madine who had the goal disallowed, looking forward to Saturday, haven’t been there since the time we took 4.5k up there and lost to a last minute winner, didn’t the same thing happen at Forest that season in front of another 4.5k following or was it the year after when there was all that trouble in the wine bar

18 minutes ago, harrys said:

Think it was Madine who had the goal disallowed, looking forward to Saturday, haven’t been there since the time we took 4.5k up there and lost to a last minute winner, didn’t the same thing happen at Forest that season in front of another 4.5k following or was it the year after when there was all that trouble in the wine bar

I think you might be right. We definitely had the rub of the green that day- i'm sure we had 2 penalties as well.

On ‎05‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 21:14, Owl Visiting said:

I think so, certainly when it's a higher catergory game, the cheapest adult ticket for the derby a few weeks ago was £42. 

£33 is the cheapest against you, which I assume is also the away price.

Strangely £34 now. It's gone up £1 over the weekend.

• Admin
On 11/13/2017 at 10:08, Bar BS3 said:

Hillsborough is an iconic stadium, that every supporter should visit at least once.

The home of FA Cup semi finals and was always a great ground to visit - sadly looking a bit tired now, but right up there as one of the most iconic grounds in the UK

Sadly for a large generation nowadays the name means something different to what it did when I was growing up

20 hours ago, OwlsonlineAdmin said:

Pretty sure we've said its an extra fiver on the day this season, which is scandalous BTW.

Rung SW ticket office. Probably (but not definitely) POTD. Nice lady said they won't increase prices. Good because planning on making this my first away trip of season

Archived