IGNORED

Kids shouldn't speak to teachers like this?

Missbristolteach

4 hours ago, Missbristolteach said:

I teach year 2 and on Friday had a boy swear at me and a girl threaten to p*** on my floor when I wouldn't let her go to the toilet.

Rub their faces in it like you would a dog if they purposely do it, (I know you can't).  Parents need to take more responsibility, when I was young my parents would have been told, and I would have had a smack on the ass, toys taken away and grounded.  I suspect this still happens to some kids, but with the way this country is going it seems you cannot discipline children anymore, you have to talk to them....   I would be dead now if my parents just talked to me, as i took no notice then trying to stuff my fingers in electrical sockets when young, so a slap on the hand was the only answer to stop me doing it, a short sharp bit of pain worked a lot better than being sat down and spoken to, only to do it again.

Why were you stopping them going to the toilet?  Unless  in a dangerous situation, then you shouldn't really stop anyone going to the toilet, there are various warnings about holding on and expanding your bladder.  It left a relative of mine in a bad way, hence why I bought the question up

7 minutes ago, TRL said:

Rub their faces in it like you would a dog if they purposely do it, (I know you can't).  Parents need to take more responsibility, when I was young my parents would have been told, and I would have had a smack on the ass, toys taken away and grounded.  I suspect this still happens to some kids, but with the way this country is going it seems you cannot discipline children anymore, you have to talk to them....   I would be dead now if my parents just talked to me, as i took no notice then trying to stuff my fingers in electrical sockets when young, so a slap on the hand was the only answer to stop me doing it, a short sharp bit of pain worked a lot better than being sat down and spoken to, only to do it again.

Why were you stopping them going to the toilet?  Unless  in a dangerous situation, then you shouldn't really stop anyone going to the toilet, there are various warnings about holding on and expanding your bladder.  It left a relative of mine in a bad way, hence why I bought the question up

I don't let children go to the toilet during lessons.

1 hour ago, Missbristolteach said:

I don't let children go to the toilet during lessons.

What happens if they pee themselves in your lesson?

I am surprised that is still allowed with everything that has changed with schooling nowadays, especially when backed up with medical advice.

What is the thinking behind not letting kids go to the toilet when they need to go? What benefit are they getting from your class when all they can concentrate on is not peeing themselves.

Sorry seems an odd archaic stance to me.

On 11/5/2017 at 08:43, Missbristolteach said:

I teach year 2 and on Friday had a boy swear at me and a girl threaten to p*** on my floor when I wouldn't let her go to the toilet.

Of course, the boy swearing is unacceptable, but not letting a young child go to the toilet won't exactly please them.

1 minute ago, ziderheadarmy said:

They you are a absolute idiot! 

Out of interest have you ever had a job in the “real world” or have you just done infants, junior, senior, 6th form, uni and then back to infants? 

Teacher in lack of common sense shocker....

It's a wind up Zider, no doubt about it.

Archived