IGNORED

Please Help Me

Port Said Red

I know it's November, I knw things can change, I know there is still a long way to go and I know we are over achieving currently, but I keep looking at the table and find myself concentrating on those above us and almost blocking out the rest of the league. I think it's that sudden gap that has opened, 4 teams 4 points clear and one of them is us!! 

In the immortal words of Lennon and Macca (not that one) "Help me get my feet back on the ground". 

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I know it's November, I knw things can change, I know there is still a long way to go and I know we are over achieving currently, but I keep looking at the table and find myself concentrating on those above us and almost blocking out the rest of the league. I think it's that sudden gap that has opened, 4 teams 4 points clear and one of them is us!! 

In the immortal words of Lennon and Macca (not that one) "Help me get my feet back on the ground". 

I could have helped you when I was younger, so much younger than today, but now those days are gone. :whistle:

Just now, Port Said Red said:

It's like a drug (or cider) though......

The one thing that’s annoying me about the league table is Nottingham Forest. They’ve had an indifferent start to the season but because they haven’t drawn any games, they’re right up there in the mix. 

I think you are over-thinking this and need a Sunday morning Costa.

Just enjoy what we are seeing, some really good young players, fully committed to the shirt, producing great performances, yes with the odd blip but they are learning by the week.

Long may this continue and get even better.

9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Worrying about it will get you nowhere man.

Just let it be!

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

The one thing that’s annoying me about the league table is Nottingham Forest. They’ve had an indifferent start to the season but because they haven’t drawn any games, they’re right up there in the mix. 

How's that "ignoring" tactic going Fordy :whistle:?  Them and Ipswich are so inconsistent and yet seem to get rewarded for it. One of the downsides of 3 points for a win I suppose.

8 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I know it's November, I knw things can change, I know there is still a long way to go and I know we are over achieving currently, but I keep looking at the table and find myself concentrating on those above us and almost blocking out the rest of the league.

I think it's interesting to question whether we are actually over-achieving.  I think the answer is no to this, we are where the biggest club in Bristol should be - challenging for the Premier League.

Look at these teams - Swansea, Bournemouth, Brighton etc, and you can't help but feel we should be at the same level.

1 minute ago, reddogkev said:

I think it's interesting to question whether we are actually over-achieving.  I think the answer is no to this, we are where the biggest club in Bristol should be - challenging for the Premier League.

Look at these teams - Swansea, Bournemouth, Brighton etc, and you can't help but feel we should be at the same level.

Perhaps... I was referring more to the budget comparisons between us and some of the clubs below us in thie league.

7 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Oh No, this won't become a long-running Beatles thread will it?  Yep, it will.  How many pages will it end up with?

I am 100% confident we will finish in the play-offs, barring some disastrous injury situation depleting our squad.

No danger it will become a long running Beatles thread.

Good to see us in the top four but this is November and there's a long and winding road ahead before we get to the end of the season but it might just be a magical mystery tour along the way. 

7 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Same with Sheff Utd in a way, they have given opponents 15 points compared to 12 from us and yet they are 3 points clear.

In general it seems there are less draws this season, coupled with 3 awful teams that everyone is beating, so it might require a higher than normal amount of points for play offs / automatics.

23 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Just enjoy the journey my friend. As long as you've got your ticket to ride, you're all set. 

27 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Think of it as a Magical Mystery Tour, viewed from Coach 1.

11 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Like us last season until the really bad run started. 

Think they look decent , Warburton isn't a bad manager and knows this league - they have a couple of the best midfielders in Championship too IMHO - not sure they'll make top 6 but think they won't be far away

31 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

If anything, it's the draws that are holding us back from an even better position - with six we have more than anyone else in the top ten.  if we'd converted two of these to wins (e.g. Burton, Millwall) we'd be joint top!

I'm normally pessimistic (or should that be realistic) about how we will fare, but for the first time this season after the Cardiff win I found myself looking at the table and only concentrating on the top part. We have 6 league games before the Man.Utd QF, IF we could pick up another 12 points from those 18 that should cement us in the top six, then I would really think...

'We can work it out' and 'come together' and if they 'don't let me down', 'here comes the sun'.

9 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

I'm normally pessimistic (or should that be realistic) about how we will fare, but for the first time this season after the Cardiff win I found myself looking at the table and only concentrating on the top part. We have 6 league games before the Man.Utd QF, IF we could pick up another 12 points from those 18 that should cement us in the top six, then I would really think...

'We can work it out' and 'come together' and if they 'don't let me down', 'here comes the sun'.

"I feel fine" about all of that mate...:clapping:

Archived