IGNORED

County Gates Car Park for United game

tinman85

Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see the field empty on the 20th and their staff stood around scratching their arses.

Don`t suppose it will happen though, there`s always someone daft enough to pay it - it would be cheaper to park up Bemmy Down and get a taxi down.

What would be good though is for BCC to get their fingers out and get the Long Ashton P&R open for the game.

1 hour ago, BS15_RED said:

I’m tempted to use the Brislington park and ride for this one. You just know that the cretins at Bristol City Council will be licking their lips at the prospect of putting more roadworks around the city that night. 

I use the Bris P and R all the time JP, it's nice and easy although it's a bit of a scrum getting back after games. For £4, it's a really good service TBH.

4 minutes ago, xerox6060 said:

There is one at 22.48 going weston way if any use. 

It would be yes. I'm hearing that it's going to be cancelled and the last train Weston bound is going to be 10.02. ?

I asked this week on way back from work and will ask conductor again. Think @phantom also mentioned it. 

If true that is a blatant attempt to take advantage. 

Thing is the total capacity for the Manchester game is likely to be just under 27k (maybe around 26.5k?), which is only 10% more than the Leeds attendance and 20% more than Crystal Palace/Cardiff/Aston Villa. I therefore can't see why the local transport system will suddenly be significantly worse than normal. 

13 hours ago, tinman85 said:

Was told yesterday £25 parking per car for the United game. If so that is crazy. Imagine if we get to the Premier League. Parking is already at a premium. 

If it is £25 that is blatant profiteering and I would love to see people boycotting it, for the Utd game and subsequent games and use park and rides instead for £4 per person, (so anything less than 6 people in your car returns a profit). 

I have used that car park in the past and was ‘trapped there’ for 40 minutes as they had used every available space to pack as many cars as they could in, creating a log jam, and we all had to wait for the slowest people to return to move their cars. I have not heard about this charitable donation someone was talking about, but it all seems a bit vague and convenient to hike prices. Bemmy cricket club, park and ride or train from me now on. Sod that place. 

• Admin
13 hours ago, xerox6060 said:

There is one at 22.48 going weston way if any use. 

13 hours ago, Spoons said:

It would be yes. I'm hearing that it's going to be cancelled and the last train Weston bound is going to be 10.02. ?

I asked this week on way back from work and will ask conductor again. Think @phantom also mentioned it. 

@xerox6060 @Spoons

A friend of mine that works at Weston station mentioned there was engineering works that week and the last train would be the 22:01 from Parson Street

He said that he had mentioned to his area Manager about the football that night and there were to be discussions about delaying the works so the usual 23:12 service could run - this was the guy that got the wheels in motion last season to get the extra stops added for the Birmingham game

The 22:48 is a replacement bus service, having used this before - on a normal day the coaches are usually full, I'd personally hate to have to rely on that to get home that night

image.png

Archived