IGNORED

Another mass shooting in America

Donkeeebles

This is a pretty ignorant comment by me but generally, Americans are so stupid and ignorant, they voted the host of a TV show, that's gone bankrupt over half a dozen times, has no political experience in his life, wears a blonde wig, is a racist bigot etc etc etc as their president. I honestly don't believe there is any hope for them, they literally do not use their brains? It's only going to get worse before it gets better.

Let's start with the controversial:
Guns don't kill, people do.
So if you allow people to own guns, you've got to ensure that only sane people can get those guns.
Nigh on impossible to determine what is sane.

Then you look at the 'right to bear arms'
This was at a time when 'arms' were single shot, primitive guns.
The world has moved on since then and we now have automatic, reliable guns etc.
Those who want the right to bear arms, give them muskets ;)

If the spirit of the 'right to bear arms' is looked at, I doubt that this was to hold a war chest of arms and ammunition.
Again, common sense should prevail i.e. yes, allow them to own 'a' gun, anything more should be questioned.

The gun lobby needs to be examined.
Generally, this is big business distorting the 2nd amendment and putting big money against peoples lives.

These are obvious things to look at and it wouldn't take much thinking to generate more.

The problem is, some Americans aren't prepared to listen to reason :facepalm:

8 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

Let's start with the controversial:
Guns don't kill, people do.
So if you allow people to own guns, you've got to ensure that only sane people can get those guns.
Nigh on impossible to determine what is sane.

Then you look at the 'right to bear arms'
This was at a time when 'arms' were single shot, primitive guns.
The world has moved on since then and we now have automatic, reliable guns etc.
Those who want the right to bear arms, give them muskets ;)

If the spirit of the 'right to bear arms' is looked at, I doubt that this was to hold a war chest of arms and ammunition.
Again, common sense should prevail i.e. yes, allow them to own 'a' gun, anything more should be questioned.

The gun lobby needs to be examined.
Generally, this is big business distorting the 2nd amendment and putting big money against peoples lives.

These are obvious things to look at and it wouldn't take much thinking to generate more.

The problem is, some Americans aren't prepared to listen to reason :facepalm:

Indeed. I am reasonably sure the “right to bear arms” was initially a “right to bear arms as part of a citizens’ militia” and was intended to protect the newly founded United States from attacks from colonial powers. The relevance of the right to bear arms pretty much ended the second the Louisiana purchase was completed, which made the US near impossible to invade by either land or sea.

Heard a bit on GMB this morning before I left for work, and Donald Duck was saying something about the problem being to do with mental health issues in America.....

Another bloke was trying to say that in Europe there had been just as much gun crime as there has been in America over a certain period of time (didn't catch the period), and started harking on about Dunblane.

Can they honestly not see that a law (or a right) that was written a few hundred years ago, really needs looking at and changing!?

13 hours ago, Erithacus said:

The gun laws might be insane, but it's the insane people pulling the trigger that cause the problems, IMHO.

And that is the problem in a 'gun shell', the American gun laws allows for every insane person living there to legally own not a only a gun but an arsenal of weapons, ammunitions and in some state's explosives and in most states without any background checks whatsoever.

3 hours ago, RedDave said:

Someone made a good point on Twitter last night:

Sandy Hook was the end of any chance for gun ownership to end in the US. Once America decided that kids' lives were worth sacrificing in return for owning guns, it was never going to change.

Someone has already posted the tweet in this thread

The worst bit is I've spoken to US gun enthusiasts (in South Dakota) who argued that "we need to bear arms in order to protect ourselves from the government". Mate. The US Government commands tanks, aircraft carriers and frigging nuclear missiles. What on earth is your Colt.45 gunna do against those?

10 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

The worst bit is I've spoken to US gun enthusiasts (in South Dakota) who argued that "we need to bear arms in order to protect ourselves from the government". Mate. The US Government commands tanks, aircraft carriers and frigging nuclear missiles. What on earth is your Colt.45 gunna do against those?

I don't know what made me think of it as I read your post, but not so long ago there was something that was in the news saying that "Americans were warned not to shoot into the recent hurricane, as it wouldn't turn it around."

Just another example of why these people shouldn't be allowed guns...

Don't shoot at Irma!!

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

I'm sure almost everyone has seen this Jim Jefferies piece on gun control by now but in case anyone hasn't he touches on that very reason. It's split into 2 parts. 

They all seem to recognise and support this clause in their constitution.  I wonder how many other clauses (amendments? ) they can quote or abide by?

The idea that Trump can see no connection between people with a mental disability and the ready supply of lethal weapons says so much about his ability for the job.

18 hours ago, RedDave said:

E606B781-4680-40EF-A8AF-04540E74E77B.png

I find the religious thing amusing. There’s you obviously taking the Micheal but what will you be doing on the 25th of next month. Started writing your cards yet? What about the trimmings and Christmas lights? Don’t matter what you think you still get sucked in. 

Can you dig it!

9 minutes ago, swanker said:

I find the religious thing amusing. There’s you obviously taking the Micheal but what will you be doing on the 25th of next month. Started writing your cards yet? What about the trimmings and Christmas lights? Don’t matter what you think you still get sucked in. 

Can you dig it!

Christmas has just become a time to be with family and exchange gifts.  Dont give anything else a first thought let alone a second!

1 hour ago, Donkeeebles said:

I'm sure almost everyone has seen this Jim Jefferies piece on gun control by now but in case anyone hasn't he touches on that very reason. It's split into 2 parts. 

I hadn't seen that, thanks.

Maybe muskets are the way to go to keeping the 2nd?
Otherwise, maybe some changes are the way forward.

It was a nice touch of Trump to offer prayers to the victims after a religious nut with a grudge massacres a congregation in their own church. Add that to the praise for the vigilante gunman and it's about as f*ckwitted a response as it is possible to imagine.

That country is utterly f*cked and has a leader that is the perfect encapsulation of everything that's wrong with it. Stupid, ignorant, brash, arrogant and ultimately completely terrified of someone seeing through the bullshit and them being sussed out.

14 hours ago, RedDave said:

Christmas has just become a time to be with family and exchange gifts.  Dont give anything else a first thought let alone a second!

Fair enough. Like I said, I find the religious thing a bit strange because of the influence it has on people. People are quick to have a go but don’t mind dabbling a bit when it suits or because they feel they ought to. Personally i don’t  need a religious festival to tell me what I need to do and when to do it. I look forward to the time when religion is done away with. 

13 hours ago, Northern Red said:

It was a nice touch of Trump to offer prayers to the victims after a religious nut with a grudge massacres a congregation in their own church. Add that to the praise for the vigilante gunman and it's about as f*ckwitted a response as it is possible to imagine.

That country is utterly f*cked and has a leader that is the perfect encapsulation of everything that's wrong with it. Stupid, ignorant, brash, arrogant and ultimately completely terrified of someone seeing through the bullshit and them being sussed out.

A huge part of the problem with the good old U S of A is that so many people own guns or back the law on guns & any potential president elect who goes into the running to be president with a stance against guns & the laws are likely to lose any vote before it’s even started because the American public think so much of their guns!!

And even after all these atrocities they still believe ‘guns are good’!! It’s delusional to say the least!

As for Trump, no one needs me to them that he’s a grade ‘A’ bellend, so it’s now a mental health issue & not a gun problem!! Which I all find rather laughable because as someone who’s suffered with depression, I’ve not shot one person (injured or dead), is that because my mental health wasn’t that bad? Or was it because I’ve never owned or had access to any firearms? I’d hazard a guess that it’s been because of my lack of ownership or access to firearms!! But you carry on blaming everything apart from the obvious Donald, despite the rest of the world seemingly seeing it as a problem with your countries gun laws, you blame it on anything & everything else! How many more innocent people will lose their lives but let’s not blame the weapons that are causing the problem hey!!

Response to Las Vegas shooting: "White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said it was “premature” to talk about potential legislation before all the facts about the Las Vegas mass shooting are known"

Response to Texas shooting: "The president said that he would not be drawn into a debate on gun control saying it was “a little too soon” to draw conclusions from the attack."

Response hours after NYC van attack: "I have just ordered homeland security to step up our already extreme vetting program. Being politically correct is fine, but not for this!”

15 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Response to Las Vegas shooting: "White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said it was “premature” to talk about potential legislation before all the facts about the Las Vegas mass shooting are known"

Response to Texas shooting: "The president said that he would not be drawn into a debate on gun control saying it was “a little too soon” to draw conclusions from the attack."

Response hours after NYC van attack: "I have just ordered homeland security to step up our already extreme vetting program. Being politically correct is fine, but not for this!”

As I said they voted for him and knew exactly what they were getting.

Archived