IGNORED

Engvall's coming home (Merged)

Esmond Million's Bung

17 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

thats where I completely disagree,

He wasn't up to the championship, no where near that standard, he wasn't use to English football, the best place to learn to play in England is in England,

It wouldn't of hurt his under 21's chances if he worked hard and performed, Tom Lockyear can get into the Welsh squad and he's at the gas, Wales are better the Sweden at the moment

Decision he made though. I did not agree either but I do understand why ge thought it would be beneficial to go back to Sweden. The U21 coaches would have been in Sweden so easier access to him and in a more familiar and comfortable environment which we would all prefer in our workplace. 

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Decision he made though. I did not agree either but I do understand why ge thought it would be beneficial to go back to Sweden. The U21 coaches would have been in Sweden so easier access to him and in a more familiar and comfortable environment which we would all prefer in our workplace. 

if you were the main striker which he is then it wouldn't matter who you played for, a coach would of came and watched him,

They watched Joel Asoro enough to call him up, and he's only played for Sunderland reserves

36 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

if you were the main striker which he is then it wouldn't matter who you played for, a coach would of came and watched him,

They watched Joel Asoro enough to call him up, and he's only played for Sunderland reserves

It is fair enough but it is not the debate I am really on about. He made the decision and again I did not agree but he felt it was best for himself which now that it is a year on is ok. 

My argument now is that if he decides he wants to try and make it here he has 2.5 years to do so. So if he does decide to get his head down here he needs to take our advice from now on. Players mature a different times. Bobby Reid can attest to that so his age isn’t a big deal for me. Work hard here until Janury. Go on loan then come back and have a strong preseason. 

2 hours ago, bengalcub said:

If Taylor can make the bench /start occasionally for us I really cannot see why engvall isn't involved ? He's easily on a par with Taylor and in my opinion has more about him than Taylor . 

Completely different players. Taylor is effectively battling with Reid for a starting place, whereas Engvall is up against Duric, Diedhiou and Woodrow when they're all fit. 

On 11/6/2017 at 11:17, Eastside Moonwalker said:

To be honest this is probably the best time for him to come back, give a rest to Bobby for the game again Preston maybe seeing that preston injured another defender on the weekend (pretty sure that's 7 defenders out now)

Never in my 40 + years of watching Preston have I seen injuries like it , we have 11 players out and two suspended for the next game v Bolton , of those 11 I would think 8/9 would be in the first team squad so we really are in trouble , Jan cannot come soon enough - we could easily be in the bottom third unless this squad can somehow grind a result out from somewhere and whilst we look good when confidence is high and the pressing game is working , a young squad with major injuries and we are in the situation we are in eg in freefall !

On 7 November 2017 at 08:54, Monkeh said:

thats where I completely disagree,

He wasn't up to the championship, no where near that standard, he wasn't use to English football, the best place to learn to play in England is in England,

It wouldn't of hurt his under 21's chances if he worked hard and performed, Tom Lockyear can get into the Welsh squad and he's at the gas, Wales are better the Sweden at the moment

I think this week's win over Italy might well have disproved this last point.

Wales, (even with their shedload of English born players) couldn't even manage to draw at home to Ireland. Sweden went to Italy and drew, knocking one of Europe's biggest football nations out.

Sweden are actually miles better than Wales, who rely largely on just 2 players.

8 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

He's not keen on that idea!

If that's the case he can bugger off and watch his career go down the pan. He will be playing for some foreign team no one has ever heard of before too long.

Sometimes in life you have to take a step backwards to take a step forward and I feel if he can go to a league one or two club, get used to the English game, bang in some goals then that puts him in a great position to fight for a place in our team.

Archived