IGNORED

Shawn Mccoulsky

Sparkz 76

On 06/11/2017 at 15:05, Vincent Vega said:

Hand on heart what I saw of him when he was at Bath I'm surprised he is even at Newport. Scores but that really is it, nothing else. Of course I hope he improves but League 1 at best would be my guess . ( I also thought O'Dowda was Pony, so I'm not the best judge )

I’d be happy if he was in the team and scores and nothing else.

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

If you don't press you don't play for us.

Argued with a mate about this. Said a striker’s job is to score goals. Tried to explain it isn’t that simple that he needs to have a lot more to his game to be a good striker. Needs to be strong and hold up the ball, needs to know where to be defensively and where and when to press. Fair enough he has goal scoring down, that will help him carve a career out for himself. However, if he wants to go further he needs to add more to his game. Think him scoring and still not given starts at L2 Newport speaks volumes about his all around game. He seems to be a good game changer when you need a goal. 

9 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Only seen Sean a few times and he needs to start a few games for Newport then have a season in league 1 ( not too local!) Remember our £20m striker had several years out on loan and then back to our place for his 'finishing school`! 

I had to think about that one.

Kodjia, Tammy...?

Ah, Yes, now I understand :whistle:.

35 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I see that another old boy of this parish made a return to action in the same game last night. I was amazed that Marlon Jackson is only 26, I seem to remember his name being mentioned 20 years ago as a "promising youngster". 

Yep he's been around a bit. 

• Admin
On 07/11/2017 at 13:06, bcfcnick said:

Shawn has a great goals to games ratio at all levels and he is now proving he can do it at lower league level. I believe a certain player with the initials TA had a similar sort of goal scoring trend - each time he has stepped up he has delivered with goals.  Goal scoring is all about being in the right place at the right time and it's a bit of a born natural art and not so much something that can be trained into a player.  So City may have one of those rare gems of a natural goal scorer.   He must have the best goals per minute stats in the entire league with I believe one goal for every 50 mins on the pitch.   If he were getting one goal in 200 mins in the Championship we'd have another 20 goal a season player on our hands.    I can see the case for giving him a full season at Newport but with the injury to Famara then we are short of strikers and I'd rather have Shawn on the bench than Cauley Woodrow.  Not knocking the latter but 20 goal a season strikers in the Championship are very valuable and we may well have another on our books and it would be good to give him time on the pitch from our bench rather than Newport's.   

According to sofascore his scoring frequency is even better than you thought :) 

IMG_0251.PNG

Archived