IGNORED

Shawn Mccoulsky

Sparkz 76

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

A perfect example of a lower league goalscorer who game was found out higher up.

Which is true, but he was only about 19 at the time and coming from Ebbesfleet (at a lower standard) was thrown into Championship football.

We're giving McCoulsky time to grow and develop at the correct pace. The club is far better placed to nurture youngsters now.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Which is true, but he was only about 19 at the time and coming from Ebbesfleet (at a lower standard) was thrown into Championship football.

We're giving McCoulsky time to grow and develop at the correct pace. The club is far better placed to nurture youngsters now.

When Bobby Reid was 21 we sent him out to League Two for development; doing the same with Shawn McC, and will do him the power of good.

Agreed though I would rather have MClouskey than the ineffective Woodrow. 

Maybe next season if we're still in the Championship McCoulsky might be able to make the huge step up in quality. Can't see it happening before then.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Maybe next season if we're still in the Championship McCoulsky might be able to make the huge step up in quality. Can't see it happening before then.

I think League 1 would be the next logical step. Perhaps Plymouth or somewhere (which was a great loan for both Reid and Bryan). 

No need to rush them, competitive men's football experience is such a huge advantage compared to playing u23 football here.

Whilst Akinde was here our youth set-up was pretty awful. It's a miracle really that Bryan and Reid managed to make it to where they are now considering as they had their formative teenage footballing years during that time.

Things are in place now which make Bristol City FC a great place for young players. The likes of Tinnion in his role is such an asset.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Isn't it great to finally refer to 'if we're still in the Championship' in a positive sense rather than that of a relegation scrap

10 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

How can Woodrow , engval and Taylor be above mccoalsky ? It’s bizarre the guy scores goals as an out an out forward we need this option . 

His time will come. Future first team player, no doubt about it.

20 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

How can Woodrow , engval and Taylor be above mccoalsky ? It’s bizarre the guy scores goals as an out an out forward we need this option . 

Are you serious? Maybe because Woodrow and Taylor have had plenty of first team football behind them and Engvall is an international. Absolutely nothing bizarre about it. Besides, Engvall has only just got back off loan and is available whereas SM is on a season-long loan to Newport.

Yes, McCoulsky could be a decent player at this level, but he has no experience of it. Ffs, he was playing Conference South 18 months ago. Lets give him first team league football for a while to learn his trade before dropping him into the deep end. He still has a lot to learn yet.

43 minutes ago, RED4LIFE said:

Are you serious? Maybe because Woodrow and Taylor have had plenty of first team football behind them and Engvall is an international. Absolutely nothing bizarre about it. Besides, Engvall has only just got back off loan and is available whereas SM is on a season-long loan to Newport.

Yes, McCoulsky could be a decent player at this level, but he has no experience of it. Ffs, he was playing Conference South 18 months ago. Lets give him first team league football for a while to learn his trade before dropping him into the deep end. He still has a lot to learn yet.

*stamps feet*

But I want results and I want them yesterday!

1 hour ago, bengalcub said:

I don’t buy He needs a loan blah blah standard football waffle he scored 30 goals last season and should of been in the plans this season round ..... the other strikers bring very little . 

Serious question, did you ever play football at a half decent standard as a kid? I suspect not. You were probably whining about how others should take responsibility for your **** ups al la your recent parking ticket...

3 hours ago, bengalcub said:

How can Frank Nouble and Padraig Amond be starting ahead if McCoulsky?  That would be my first questions.  What is he not contributing....only started 7 of 23 League 2 games he’s been in the squad?  I don’t know.

Loving his goals, and ratio of goals per minute, but easy to get carried away with what he’s doing at League 2.  

A fair few put Hinds ahead of McCoulsky, and he’s had even less time.

7 hours ago, Robbored said:

An exception. Very few lower league strikers with impressive  records make it higher up. The gulf in quality is too vast.

Jamie Vardy,Charlie Austin,Ian Wright,Kevin Philips,Gary Hooper,Troy Deeney,Malcolm Christie and Les Ferdinand wern't too shabby.....

7 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Yes Red4life I did and still do play although not at the same level anymore ,funnily enough  my football ability as yours has nothing to do with my opinion ..the parking ticket as a little swipe well done mate very good . 

If thats the case, then surely you realise no matter how good you are at a lower level of football, moving up to a much higher standard is very difficult to adapt to straight away.

I started in mens football at 15 (almost 16) in District 4, and within a month got shifted to the 1st team in District Prem and I struggled against those better players because I was up against footballers rather than cloggers. After another 4 years I eventually played Western league but talent-wise I wasn't any better than I was at 15, I was just more savvy, physically stronger and had more experience against better players. The same applies all the way up through the leagues.

Using your logic, you could have a 20 year old kid playing local footy that scores 40 in a season and he should be playing in the Prem. Unfortunately it doesn't work like that.

Apologies for the parking ticket jibe, but I have yet to see you say anything positive about the club and you come across (rightly or wrongly) as someone that either has a poor sense of entitlement or has no idea of how football really works.

2 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

Jamie Vardy,Charlie Austin,Ian Wright,Kevin Philips,Gary Hooper,Troy Deeney,Malcolm Christie and Les Ferdinand wern't too shabby.....

That feller from the less fortunate lot who went to Southampton/Liverpool & played for England was alright too.

Jimmy Bullard started out at Ebbsfleet I believe (may have been Fleetwood), Chris Smalling was at Kettering/Maidstone/Aldershot or something like that before joining Fulham, and Kevin Phillips was non league! (The team escapes me though.)

Dele Alli was at MK Dons in league one just a few years ago.

Never write people off! :shifty:

2 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

That feller from the less fortunate lot who went to Southampton/Liverpool & played for England was alright too.

Jimmy Bullard started out at Ebbsfleet I believe (may have been Fleetwood), Chris Smalling was at Kettering/Maidstone/Aldershot or something like that before joining Fulham, and Kevin Phillips was non league! (The team escapes me though.)

Philips was at Baldock Town.

4 minutes ago, RED4LIFE said:

If thats the case, then surely you realise no matter how good you are at a lower level of football, moving up to a much higher standard is very difficult to adapt to straight away.

I started in mens football at 15 (almost 16) in District 4, and within a month got shifted to the 1st team in District Prem and I struggled against those better players because I was up against footballers rather than cloggers. After another 4 years I eventually played Western league but talent-wise I wasn't any better than I was at 15, I was just more savvy, physically stronger and had more experience against better players. The same applies all the way up through the leagues.

Using your logic, you could have a 20 year old kid playing local footy that scores 40 in a season and he should be playing in the Prem. Unfortunately it doesn't work like that.

Apologies for the parking ticket jibe, but I have yet to see you say anything positive about the club and you come across (rightly or wrongly) as someone that either has a poor sense of entitlement or has no idea of how football really works.

Totally agree. Playing in the "lower" leagues offers a young a player the ability to become a more rounded person and footballer. If you've been playing against people your age, and then you suddenly get chucked in at the deep end against Andy the 6'6" shithouse from the Wirral, it can only serve to make you better at dealing with that kind of situation.

McCoulsky will come back a better player after his loan spell, not only because he's been getting minutes, but because he's be playing against defenders at a higher calibre than ever before.

Lets not forget as well that each of the leagues in English football offers a different challenge for strikers. Between League 1 and the Championship, you get a lot less time on the ball, you find a lot less space in the channels and centre halves tend to be better all round footballers.

20 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

Was gonna say that a fair few on your list were late into the pro game....desire to achieve.  But poster below sort of said the same.

11 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

9 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

Philips was at Baldock Town.

Bashley i think

Fair comments red4life , I libe and breath football and have done all my life so I feel I understand the game well enough , you can interpret my posts however you like it’s not a problem , I just hate the classic lines of “he needs a loan “ he’s not quite ready needs to toughen up ....etc etc etc 

we have poor options up top and arguably our best finisher out at Newport I just think he would offer more than what some of our current strikers do. 

Hinds went out on loan and in my opinion he’s in a worse place now then before he went to Cheltenham ... my point sometimes “he needs a loan “ can be counterproductive. 

5 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Fair comments red4life , I libe and breath football and have done all my life so I feel I understand the game well enough , you can interpret my posts however you like it’s not a problem , I just hate the classic lines of “he needs a loan “ he’s not quite ready needs to toughen up ....etc etc etc 

we have poor options up top and arguably our best finisher out at Newport I just think he would offer more than what some of our current strikers do. 

Hinds went out on loan and in my opinion he’s in a worse place now then before he went to Cheltenham ... my point sometimes “he needs a loan “ can be counterproductive. 

I have literally never agreed with one of your posts. It's funny how people can have such different perspectives eh? (Not a criticism, more of an observation.)

Of course loans can be counter productive, every signing is a risk, loan or permanent. For the majority of them, they are productive. Either way players will ALWAYS grow and learn from their experiences, positive or otherwise.

Strongly insinuating that a lad who's just making his mark at a League Two team should be thrown into a squad that's competing for Promotion to the Premier League is strange, in my opinion.

Archived