IGNORED

Flint

NewquayRed

5 minutes ago, That Louie Donowa goal said:

Can’t see any member of the first team squad of around 23 leaving in January if anything we need players in.

Next summer may see some big moves but not in Jan I hope anyway.

Especially if we are  actually in with a promotion shout by then. Promotion side regular great to have on the CV...

1 hour ago, NewquayRed said:

Suspect that he's starting to turn heads again amongst those struggling in the bottom end of the Prem, cant help but feel that we have to keep him on board in January if we have any hope of a top half finish.

Huge January window coming up both in terms of incoming and outgoing   

if flint was to go in Jan it would be for stupid money and I'm talking 10 million plus here,

He's under a lengthy contract so the club hold all the cards

If we are genuine promotion contenders I can’t see that any club who would genuinely want him being that attractive a proposition for him. 

The interested parties are likely to be premier league strugglers at best, if we have a genuine shot at promotion I think he’d want to see it through. 

All hypothetical of course. There’s also the fact that we would demand an extraordinary fee to let him leave in Jan. 

1 minute ago, wendyredredrobin said:

A foorballers careee is short, so a big money offsr from a prem team with a 3 yr contract might tempt him.  He might end up being relegated whilst we go up, but money talks. Would hate to see him leave though.

he is under contract here,

if we turn down all bids there is nothing he can do other then put in a transfer request souring his relationship with some fans and forfitting any bonuses he would be due 

10 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

he is under contract here,

if we turn down all bids there is nothing he can do other then put in a transfer request souring his relationship with some fans and forfitting any bonuses he would be due 

The dreaded release clause, possible?

If we are in the promotion mix in January then I can’t see us selling. Certainly not to a team in our division. Yes we could get a bid from a Swansea or a Bournemouth but any prem team that would most likely be interested could be in the championship next year. I would imagine LJ would tell him if we go up then you’re in for a huge pay rise. If we stay down then we’ll let you go. Would hate to see him leave - he’s a talisman for us and the Cardiff game proved it yet again. 

If a prem bid from say west brom came in, it would set him up for life. Anyone would take it, and flint has given good service and would deserve it, and should pretty much be allowed to go. And im sure in that situation the club wouldnt stop anyone going, as long as a realistic fee was agreed

10 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Hedging his bets when asked by fans if he's staying !.........."I'm contracted for two more years ........but football is football (paraphrase)"

What else can he say , football’s so unpredictable . If he says he’s staying then gets sold in January he gets critised. He can’t win really 

Archived