IGNORED

Average Attendance Thus Far

Malago

1 minute ago, TinMan's left peg said:

I read a lot of their season ticket holders don't turn up to matches at the moment so the actual attendance is lower. The list is amazing though, it's a massive league in terms of support. 

It will be interesting to see where our average ends up. 

We’ve probably had the 3 biggest expected away followings already visit, so that should take it down, however, with our current form & league placing, we may get more home support turning up, or are we pretty much at our consistent limit for this level at the moment..?!

Of course, if we stay where we are, then there will be an end of season peak, but realistically, are we at the max we can expect to get at the moment, at this level..?

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

It will be interesting to see where our average ends up. 

We’ve probably had the 3 biggest expected away followings already visit, so that should take it down, however, with our current form & league placing, we may get more home support turning up, or are we pretty much at our consistent limit for this level at the moment..?!

Of course, if we stay where we are, then there will be an end of season peak, but realistically, are we at the max we can expect to get at the moment, at this level..?

Wolves will sell out almost certainly.   I was disappointed with the crowd on Saturday given it was a derby with both sides at the top of the table

2 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Wolves will sell out almost certainly.   I was disappointed with the crowd on Saturday given it was a derby with both sides at the top of the table

There will be other big followings, based on league position at the time, but pre season, you’d bank on Leeds, Villa & Cardiff bringing good numbers. 

The rest will depend on league placing, fixture date and fixture profile. 

Plus being on TV so often at home won’t help..! 

7 hours ago, TinMan's left peg said:

I read a lot of their season ticket holders don't turn up to matches at the moment so the actual attendance is lower. The list is amazing though, it's a massive league in terms of support. 

I think every team does this. Yes, even the honourable Bristol City. Every season ticket gets included for every match. Therefore it’s all a bit false really, doesn’t really count bums on seats.

Good article on the subject here https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/sep/28/football-clubs-leagues-attendance-figures-arsenal-celtic-mls

There are some traditionally "big clubs" on this list, and a lot of the bigger regional cities, ourselves included. Remember that Elland Road, Villa Park, Hillsbrough and the City Ground were 4 of the 8 venues for Euro 96.

Crrtainly quite a few of the current Premier League teams would be nowhere near the top of this list if relegated. Hull are a long way down. Also noticeable who relatively small the average attendances are for the 4 London clubs (Fulham, QPR, Millwall & Brentford). Having 7 clubs (including Watford) in the top flight obviously has an effect on mopping up the neutrals and glory hunters.

23 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

There are some traditionally "big clubs" on this list, and a lot of the bigger regional cities, ourselves included. Remember that Elland Road, Villa Park, Hillsbrough and the City Ground were 4 of the 8 venues for Euro 96.

I bet there's plenty on here that were but a twinkle in their father's eye during that tournament! I wonder how many were born 9 months after the England v. Holland game!?

7 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

I bet there's plenty on here that were but a twinkle in their father's eye during that tournament! I wonder how many were born 9 months after the England v. Holland game!?

Good question. 

There must have been plenty of women aching for their men after seeing them consume 10 pints of beer while screaming and shouting. 

That's how to woo her chaps :P

26 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Good question. 

There must have been plenty of women aching for their men after seeing them consume 10 pints of beer while screaming and shouting. 

That's how to woo her chaps :P

https://www.outsideonline.com/1784336/do-sports-victories-trigger-baby-booms

It would seem that maybe that it is! 

9 hours ago, tommytank1985 said:

Too think we average nearly 20k and still only 12th shows the size of some of the teams in this league!! Crazy!!

Interestingly last season our average was about 600 lower than this season but we were 11th in the average attendance table.

8 hours ago, The Bard said:

Midday ko and high potd prices don't help I'm afraid. Not sure if Wolves will sell-out given it's on TV but Reading on Boxing Day surely will.

If we are still up there, the Reading game will 100% be pushing 25k. Our boxing day crowds are huge when we are doing well.

I can't see us getting past 20k in the league until then though. We've got PNE (tuesday night, small away support) Boro (TV game) and Forest (that week before xmas when everyone is skint).

Wolves will bring similar numbers to Cardiff and I expect a similar crowd figure but would have been more if it wasn't on the box.

12 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Interestingly last season our average was about 600 lower than this season but we were 11th in the average attendance table.

Midday ko and high potd prices don't help I'm afraid. Not sure if Wolves will sell-out given it's on TV but Reading on Boxing Day surely will.

I was actually talking about away fans. Wolves will surely sell their allocation. Reading won't. 

I bought my tickets to Reading yesterday.  Already most blocks had only 150 or so left in them, and three blocks of the upper Lansdown are already open in addition to the family area (I'm heading up there for the first time). This for a game that is 8 weeks away.

I'm pretty sure the stadium will be over 95% full, if not a sell out.

49 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Apart from one game at the end of the season, when they were getting promoted, many years ago, have Reading ever sold out our away end..? And that was before it’s almost doubled in capacity. 

They don’t seem to travel notably well. 

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

What rule is that then..?

I thought we worked on the “open the upper Lansdown tier when it’s needed” rule. 

See above.  Was open for Newcastle, patently wasn't for Leeds and Cardiff .I'm talking about the side nearest the Atyeo.  People were told not to sit there by stewards. Can't be an accident and can't be due to no one wanting to buy tickets there for those games.  It's another err on the side of caution decision.

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

See above.  Was open for Newcastle, patently wasn't for Leeds and Cardiff .I'm talking about the side nearest the Atyeo.  People were told not to sit there by stewards. Can't be an accident and can't be due to no one wanting to buy tickets there for those games.  It's another err on the side of caution decision.

Or maybe we just didn’t sell enough tickets to open those last couple of blocks..?

Archived