IGNORED

Average Attendance Thus Far

Malago

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

See above.  Was open for Newcastle, patently wasn't for Leeds and Cardiff. And people were told not to sit their by stewards. Can't be an accident and can't be due to no one wanting to buy tickets there for those games.  It's another err on the side of caution decision.

Thought the blocks were only opened as the rest of the ground sold out?

7 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Or maybe we just didn’t sell enough tickets to open those last couple of blocks..?

That's what I thought, I'm pretty sure they're sold on a block by block basis when they open the Upper Lansdown. I could be wrong but I guess it's easier to steward instead of having a couple of thousand people spread out across the entire upper level?

3 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

That's what I thought, I'm pretty sure they're sold on a block by block basis when they open the Upper Lansdown. I could be wrong but I guess it's easier to steward instead of having a couple of thousand people spread out across the entire upper level?

That’s exactly how they do it and they’ve made no secret of that. 

2 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Forest Green having a higher average than Yeovil is quite a surprise. 

As for ourselves, with our maximum capacity, if we ever reached the Premier league the best we could hope for is to finish 14th. There are some huge stadiums up and down the country now.

Realistically, with segregation/H&S restrictions, 8th would be the highest we could get in this division. 

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Realistically, with segregation/H&S restrictions, 8th would be the highest we could get in this division. 

Will need to build a second tier over other parts of the ground.  Since space is a problem, perhaps a double decker is needed.

Would also lók nice if the two corners at the end of the Atyeo were made into seating.

30 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Didn't sell enough for Cardiff or Leeds but did for Newcastle. Hmmmmm.....  

Maybe you're right Pete, or maybe there is a reason that area is kept empty for matches the club thinks are problematical. 

13 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Didn't sell enough for Cardiff or Leeds but did for Newcastle. Hmmmmm.....  

Maybe you're right Pete, or maybe there is a reason that area is kept empty for matches the club thinks are problematical. 

Given what happened over the weekend with the South Stand display it that wouldn’t surprise me either Robbo.

If we were to get promoted would POTD all but be eradicated or would we limit STs?

Assuming max capacity is c. 26.5k and the entire Atyeo remained away only, that would leave, what, c. 22k ?

Would that 22k all be able to be sold as STs? And if so would we sell them all? You’d like to think if we can sell 14k or whatever the number is now, after two successive relegation dogfights, we could easily sell the entire home area of the stadium in STs. 

7 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

If we were to get promoted would POTD all but be eradicated or would we limit STs?

Assuming max capacity is c. 26.5k and the entire Atyeo remained away only, that would leave, what, c. 22k ?

Would that 22k all be able to be sold as STs? And if so would we sell them all? You’d like to think if we can sell 14k or whatever the number is now, after two successive relegation dogfights, we could easily sell the entire home area of the stadium in STs. 

Premier League rules mean you have to keep back a small availability for individual match tickets.

"R.6.9. promote the availability of tickets by reserving a reasonable proportion (at least five per cent.) of them for sale to non-season ticket holders;"

https://www.premierleague.com/publications

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

And on the other side of town, the club with the best support in Bristol is averaging less than 9,000.

Imagine we only had one club then. Would be pushing your Leeds United's of this worlds 'GREAT' support wouldnt we and us and the sags haven't a proper trophy to our name! 

23 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Premier League rules mean you have to keep back a small availability for individual match tickets.

"R.6.9. promote the availability of tickets by reserving a reasonable proportion (at least five per cent.) of them for sale to non-season ticket holders;"

https://www.premierleague.com/publications

Fair enough. Taking that into account then I imagine we would easily sell as many season tickets as we were able to

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Fair enough. Taking that into account then I imagine we would easily sell as many season tickets as we were able to

I would certainly think that getting early bird season tickets on sale as early into the new year as possible, would certainly be a good idea from the clubs point of view! 

9 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I would be amazed if we didn’t sell all tickets as STs. Based on our last stint in the top division the interest would surely mean the club would maximise demand/income. I am sure the club would still offer the monthly direct debit facility currently in place

Interesting to see this table Including  STs. I bet ours (12k at the start of the season?) is why below half way which suggests we sell a lot on a one- match basis. 

This should change with our recent Half Season offer and take us to 11th. Doubt we can do better than that this season but just watch the 'Quarter ST' sales when Bristolians wake up to what the management team are doing right now and how the public won't want to miss out on seeing MAN Utd in the league next season!! 

12 hours ago, INCRED said:

I would be amazed if we didn’t sell all tickets as STs. Based on our last stint in the top division the interest would surely mean the club would maximise demand/income. I am sure the club would still offer the monthly direct debit facility currently in place

A percentage has to be left for sale on a game by game basis. 

On ‎06‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 23:15, The Bard said:

We have got to finish 11th in that table. Surprised how high Middlesboro's attendances are.  Wonder when the last time Sheff U had a bigger average than Sheff W?

why are you surprised by boro's attendances. It's a bit of a football myth that our (yes i'm a boro fan) crowds are poor.  We are no Man U but then

Teesside has not got the population of Greater Manchester ( should I say  the entire planet).  We have won very little of note in over a hundred years of trying., despite this we have the highest all time crowds of any town team and stand at number 16 on the best supported team by average.

we have been at our new ground for 22 seasons this being our 23. Over those 22 seasons (long enough for any new ground syndrome to have worn off) we have averaged 26,628. I don't think this is two shabby

at all. Yes our crowds rise and fall depending on results etc., but then again most other teams do too. As I say its football claptap that we have no fans. 

Does anyone know why there were large sections of the Lower Lansdown empty on Saturday? I wondered if these were coach parties from some of the outlying areas (Bridgwater, Taunton, etc) it seemed strage that it was seats in whole blocks of about 30-40 in different sections.

1 hour ago, oriss said:

why are you surprised by boro's attendances. It's a bit of a football myth that our (yes i'm a boro fan) crowds are poor.  We are no Man U but then

Teesside has not got the population of Greater Manchester ( should I say  the entire planet).  We have won very little of note in over a hundred years of trying., despite this we have the highest all time crowds of any town team and stand at number 16 on the best supported team by average.

we have been at our new ground for 22 seasons this being our 23. Over those 22 seasons (long enough for any new ground syndrome to have worn off) we have averaged 26,628. I don't think this is two shabby

at all. Yes our crowds rise and fall depending on results etc., but then again most other teams do too. As I say its football claptap that we have no fans. 

Just saying like..... 

1 hour ago, oriss said:

I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure this counts as a bite.

On 06/11/2017 at 23:15, The Bard said:

We have got to finish 11th in that table. Surprised how high Middlesboro's attendances are.  Wonder when the last time Sheff U had a bigger average than Sheff W?

Hi.

Blades had higher attendances between 2006-2012. Before that there wasn’t a lot of difference between the two averages.

Wednesday haven’t averaged 30,000 + in living memory, the Blades had  30,300 ( ish) in 2007/8 and 33,000 + in 1971.

The Wednesday have had higher average attendances overall.

Wednesday get a lot of support from  the former mining villages of South Yorkshire.

United’s support is largely Sheffield based, although there are supporters clubs in North Notts and North Derbyshire

cheers

Archived