IGNORED

Average Attendance Thus Far

Malago

10 minutes ago, gow2gooseya said:

I think it is a major plus to still be at our spiritual home.

Just as seasons at the top level breed a sense of history and importance at a club.  When I look down from a great height, I can still see Jimmy Mann blasting a volley past Shilton from the half way line

Without a doubt.

Its our home and has been our home for over a century, a massive part of our identity that other clubs have lost forever in recent years. The fact it looks so impressive and we can be rightly proud of the stadium is a huge bonus.

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I think 27k is the perfect sized stadium for us. Not too big, not too small.

A good season in the Championship will see us average around 20k, a great season in the Championship would see us average maybe 25k. Even in L1, if we are challenging for promotion we're perfectly capable of attracting 18-22k crowds.

1st, and possibly 2nd season in the Prem would see sell outs, after that we'd be back down to crowds of 20-24k for the visits of teams like Bournmouth, Watford and Burnley.

All just my opinion. I can't see us needing 35k seats unless we became an established top 5 Prem club which, let's face it, ain't gonna happen.

I 100% agree that 27k is the perfect sized stadium for us and see absolutely no need to expand unless we miraculously become regulars in the top half of the Premier League.

But, I think we'd easily sell out every game in the PL, including those against the less glamorous teams. We'd have at least 20k season ticket holders in the PL, so add away support and a few thousand more home fans and hey presto, sold out every week!

33 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Its been mentioned on here before that properties on Ashton Road have come up for sale, sold...and then put back on the market at a later date. That would suggest that the club isn’t hoovering up houses on that row as and when they come up for sale.

I’d love to see the Atyeo rebuilt and connected to the Dolman in the same way the South Stand is....even though it adds capacity that we don’t currently need on a regular basis. 

I dont really know much about the building restrictions on the Atyeo but it makes me wonder do we REALLY need to knock those houses down? Can something the size of the south stand be built and get past building control?

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I think 27k is the perfect sized stadium for us. Not too big, not too small.

A good season in the Championship will see us average around 20k, a great season in the Championship would see us average maybe 25k. Even in L1, if we are challenging for promotion we're perfectly capable of attracting 18-22k crowds.

1st, and possibly 2nd season in the Prem would see sell outs, after that we'd be back down to crowds of 20-24k for the visits of teams like Bournmouth, Watford and Burnley.

All just my opinion. I can't see us needing 35k seats unless we became an established top 5 Prem club which, let's face it, ain't gonna happen.

we're having a great season

32 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

But, I think we'd easily sell out every game in the PL, including those against the less glamorous teams. We'd have at least 20k season ticket holders in the PL, so add away support and a few thousand more home fans and hey presto, sold out every week!

Yes, I agree. Certainly for the first couple of seasons. Maybe even after that but I’m not convinced we’d have sell outs against the less glamorous teams if we already had 5 years in the top flight under our belts although I would expect us to maintain 24/25k crowds even for these games

27 minutes ago, bris red said:

I dont really know much about the building restrictions on the Atyeo but it makes me wonder do we REALLY need to knock those houses down? Can something the size of the south stand be built and get past building control?

Not sure, I don’t know if ‘right to light’ (or whatever it’s called) exists anymore?

19 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

we're having a great season

We are, you’re right....what I meant by ‘great season’ though is one like 2014/15 where we were a class above everyone else, top 2 all season sort of thing.

1 minute ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Yes, I agree. Certainly for the first couple of seasons. Maybe even after that but I’m not convinced we’d have sell outs against the less glamorous teams if we already had 5 years in the top flight under our belts although I would expect us to maintain 24/25k crowds even for these games

Not sure, I don’t know if ‘right to light’ (or whatever it’s called) exists anymore?

We are, you’re right....what I meant by ‘great season’ though is one like 2014/15 where we were a class above everyone else, top 2 all season sort of thing.

it doesn't but because its an extension to that stand we have to abide by the planning laws in 1994, or so I've been led to believe, @Kid in the Riot is the best person to ask about that though,

I do wonder if we would have to if we completely knocked down the atyeo and rebuilt;t it from scratch though

On ‎08‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 21:27, harrys said:

That’s how I see it, even this season when back in the Championship after a long spell away & flying at the top, with yourselves in mid-table mediocrity and your umpteenth season at this level you still have a higher average, the blades are “the gas” of Sheffield 

As a City supporter, I think that's a bit strong. The Blades, one of my "other" teams have spent most of their existence in the top two leagues and have won at least one FA Cup.

Wat(ney) have the Gas won? And very little time in second tier.

3 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

As a City supporter, I think that's a bit strong. The Blades, one of my "other" teams have spent most of their existence in the top two leagues and have won at least one FA Cup.

Wat(ney) have the Gas won? And very little time in second tier.

Said tongue In cheek, shouldn’t be so protective about a “second team”

6 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

The Blades, one of my "other" teams have spent most of their existence in the top two leagues and have won at least one FA Cup...

If the Blades were one of your 'other' teams you might have known they've won the FA Cup on four occasions and been runners up twice....

As a pseudo fan, you would probably have noted their history rather than just saying "....and have won at least one FA Cup..."

Oh well...

22 minutes ago, oldrosie said:

Gas fill their ground to 88.54% capacity on average ... Robins 76.53%  

Ok, let’s start dealing with facts......

Mem

12,300 capacity, average home attendance 8,905 = 72.39%

Ashton gate

27,000 capacity, average home attendance  19,941 = 73.85%

Oooooooh.......close but still no cigar!

6 hours ago, RedRaw said:

Ok, let’s start dealing with facts......

Mem

12,300 capacity, average home attendance 8,905 = 72.39%

Ashton gate

27,000 capacity, average home attendance  19,941 = 73.85%

Oooooooh.......close but still no cigar!

This is the g*s we`re talking about so facts have no place in the discussion.

And they`re made up by gert teds so aren`t true anyway.

Archived