IGNORED

David Moyes

Super

Or do what has seen us by the past couple of seasons, hope there are three worse teams than yourself. Palace and Swansea are below WHam at the moment and I don't see them moving. I do think the Hammers will climb above Bournemouth/and or West Brom though. Everton only just above that and then Stoke.

I don't like WHam at all and will find it hard to support Moysie there, as I did at ManU too, but I think he can get them climbing over the weaker teams around them. 

57 minutes ago, RedM said:

Or do what has seen us by the past couple of seasons, hope there are three worse teams than yourself. Palace and Swansea are below WHam at the moment and I don't see them moving. I do think the Hammers will climb above Bournemouth/and or West Brom though. Everton only just above that and then Stoke.

I don't like WHam at all and will find it hard to support Moysie there, as I did at ManU too, but I think he can get them climbing over the weaker teams around them. 

Probably. It doesn't feel like there's one team that's doomed, like we've seen in previous seasons. Palace maybe, but their team is still more than good enough to survive, so it'll be an interesting season.

Just now, Red Army 75 said:

Not surprised. Can’t see what the fuss is about. Rooney hat trick tonight. Check out his third goal. Cracking strike 

Amazing that they have got worse since he took over! Great goal yep.

1 hour ago, miser said:

Pressure on Lee now - need to go up - don't want to go to that soulless bowl next season! 

Really..?

If we don’t go up then I’ll hope they come down. If we go up, I’ll hope they stay up. 

Would be a great away day. New stadium and as much as the deal that took them there was a disgrace, it looks a cracking venue. 

51 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Really..?

If we don’t go up then I’ll hope they come down. If we go up, I’ll hope they stay up. 

Would be a great away day. New stadium and as much as the deal that took them there was a disgrace, it looks a cracking venue. 

Normally like new stadiums , but don't fancy the long distance view. Great day in London though. 

Moyes is a good manager but his decision making has to be questioned,

Man U I can understand but he was always on to a loser their no on could follow SAF 

Real Socidad what was that all about? he did an alright job there though, but no one lasts long in spain

Sunderland why on earth did he go there, a club on a steady decline with a board/chairman/owner not intrested, never going to work

West Ham, another club on the slide, fans with unreleastic expectation and a board that does all its business in public the bristol rovers of the prem if you like,

He's ruined his career and I doubt you will see him in the prem again after the west ham job 

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

Moyes is a good manager but his decision making has to be questioned,

Man U I can understand but he was always on to a loser their no on could follow SAF 

Real Socidad what was that all about? he did an alright job there though, but no one lasts long in spain

Sunderland why on earth did he go there, a club on a steady decline with a board/chairman/owner not intrested, never going to work

West Ham, another club on the slide, fans with unreleastic expectation and a board that does all its business in public the bristol rovers of the prem if you like,

He's ruined his career and I doubt you will see him in the prem again after the west ham job 

Sunderland are a big club with a good history and a good potential. It's  been a yoyo club between the Prem and the Championship since forever .

We don't know what they promised DM . 

Maybe it was his only offer ? 

Confidence , inflated ego , call it what you will but every coach or manager worth his salt backs himself to succeed.

It's , however, like a salesman, you can be a top man in your old firm but if you fall into a badly run company it doesn't matter how good you are you people will not buy . 

It must be great to be a failed manager, you work a little, get a big pay off and you're set up for life .

No tears for ol'Moysie here . 

On 11/7/2017 at 23:50, wendyredredrobin said:

Stuart Pearce is interesting. Always liked him as a player and ok as a pundit too.

I would have thought he would have made a top class manager and even manage England to win something one day.

Always loved his passion.

My only recollection of Pearce as a manager is Forest and he was awful. 

Major... Sunderland not really a yo yo club.. 10 years in the Prem was it until last year?.. Before that a couple of ups and downs since 1992 i believe but please correct me.

Moyes has been given 2 huge opportunities the first of which failed but was actually quite predictable given the financial state of Sunderland so i think yes he should not have taken it. The West Ham job is much more understandstable and he has everything at his disposal, including the January window, in which to lead the Hammers to safety. Will he though? 

4 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

There is always this cracker... chasing a UEFA cup spot with Man City and needing a late goal...does he a) bring on his substitute striker or b) bring on a sub keeper and put David James up front!?!?  Strangely his decision didn't quite pan out!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2005/may/16/match.manchestercity

14 hours ago, RaspberryRed said:

Without a shadow of a doubt they'll be playing Championship football next year

Can see them going the way of Coventry if they do. They’ll regret the move from UP 

Not sure i buy that Rasp.. Gold and Sullivan made the move for commercial reasons knowing the West Ham support is there. That is not greed that is business. It has clearly been a difficult move for them on the pitch but that is more about the management choices and player purchase decisions and nothing about greed. But even if it was it would be the diametric opposite of them not caring; if you don't care you will fail at everything; if you are greedy you are more likely to succeed. 

West Ham will not do a Coventry. 

3 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Major... Sunderland not really a yo yo club.. 10 years in the Prem was it until last year?.. Before that a couple of ups and downs since 1992 i believe but please correct me.

Moyes has been given 2 huge opportunities the first of which failed but was actually quite predictable given the financial state of Sunderland so i think yes he should not have taken it. The West Ham job is much more understandstable and he has everything at his disposal, including the January window, in which to lead the Hammers to safety. Will he though? 

You must be a lot younger than me H . 

I remember the days of Roker Park we regularly played them .

17 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

You must be a lot younger than me H . 

I remember the days of Roker Park we regularly played them .

Put it this way i have a retirement visa here but then again you can get one of those from the age of 40... That'll confuse ya!!

We did indeed play them regularly in the Seventies. But i thought you were talking about post Premier League?

35 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Put it this way i have a retirement visa here but then again you can get one of those from the age of 40... That'll confuse ya!!

We did indeed play them regularly in the Seventies. But i thought you were talking about post Premier League?

Is there any other football?! :no:

Archived