IGNORED

Liam Rosenior

BobBobSuperBob

Don't know whether anyone watched 'The debate' on Sky last night

Liam Rosenior was one of the guests / panel

Have to say how impressive he is speaking , intelligent , spoke really well , with thought and made some very interesting points and views on all matter of subjects - a deep but clear thinker 

Dont know why or what pre impression I had of him but I was shocked and impressed

Wants to go into management and sounds like he could have real potential, and if not , a post career on TV 

Also has an article in Guardian

Hes worth listenining too IMHO

just one it the interesting things he said was in response to a question posed about how managers deal with disruptive / difficult players

He explained that at Brighton, under Hughton they (Players) elect a players committee who,keep,an eye on standards - time keeping , behaviour etc and self police the dressing room allowing Hughton not to get embroiled in unnecessary difficult conflicts with players

As in all 'good' / successful dressing rooms the players police themselves but thought it was interesting that they actually elect a players committee 

As an aside , just had a thought hed he'd be great to fill our hole at RB atm !! but don't think he'd come back here with Dads apparent feelings

14 minutes ago, Bristol_South_End said:

Didn't we arrange a trial for him in the summer of 2010 maybe, and then he signed for Hull without even notifying City he wasn't going to turn up for the trial?

It was several years ago now, but, if I recall correctly, he was under 23? and out of contract and had not been offered a new (improved?) contract and chose to leave and join Fulham, leaving City with no compensation.

17 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Have to say how impressive he is speaking , intelligent , spoke really well , with thought and made some very interesting points and views on all matter of subjects - a deep but clear thinker 

Dont know why or what pre impression I had of him but I was shocked and impressed

Wants to go into management and sounds like he could have real potential, and if not , a post career on TV 

just one it the interesting things he said was in response to a question posed about how managers deal with disruptive / difficult players

He explained that at Brighton, under Hughton they (Players) elect a players committee who,keep,an eye on standards - time keeping , behaviour etc and self police the dressing room allowing Hughton not to get embroiled in unnecessary difficult conflicts with players

As in all 'good' / successful dressing rooms the players police themselves but thought it was interesting that they actually elect a players committee 

As an aside , just had a thought hed he'd be great to fill our hole at RB atm !! but don't think he'd come back here with Dads apparent feelings

Said on a topic recently that I saw Rosenior on a programme talking about an initiative Brighton have with children with disabilities, I was really impressed with how he talked & how he interacted with the kids. COYR 

• Admin
1 hour ago, Bristol_South_End said:

Didn't we arrange a trial for him in the summer of 2010 maybe, and then he signed for Hull without even notifying City he wasn't going to turn up for the trial?

51 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

It was several years ago now, but, if I recall correctly, he was under 23? and out of contract and had not been offered a new (improved?) contract and chose to leave and join Fulham, leaving City with no compensation.

Correct @PHILINFRANCE

• Admin
1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

This has been done at City for many years

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Well, he must get that from his mother....

32 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

.https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/nov/02/english-football-rise-debt-gratitude-marcelo-bielsa

i always read LR's stuff in thr Graun. The link is the most recent, I believe.

...me too...he writes well. Good insights and the article you link to is particularly interesting, had me thinking about the way our sides are currently set up. Met him once, maybe a dozen years ago, at a football in the community type event. Nice lad, although at the time he seemed to think that City fans wouldn't have taken kindly to his leaving the club...

...whilst he didn't mention it as I recall it was a question of a decline having been missed by City to offer him a new new deal. I stand to be corrected if that's not the case. I recall supporters being as annoyed with the club as they were with the player.

7 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

...me too...he writes well. Good insights and the article you link to is particularly interesting, had me thinking about the way our sides are currently set up. Met him once, maybe a dozen years ago, at a football in the community type event. Nice lad, although at the time he seemed to think that City fans wouldn't have taken kindly to his leaving the club...

...whilst he didn't mention it as I recall it was a question of a decline having been missed by City to offer him a new new deal. I stand to be corrected if that's not the case. I recall supporters being as annoyed with the club as they were with the player.

Yep, I've always been a Bielsa fan. Odd he's never been approached by a prem team. Maybe he's a bit 'out there'!

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I'd guess over half the teams in the league do this. Arsenal do it for example

34 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Didn't we mess up and let his contract run out ?

Wasn't it something about someone forgot to post it. He then was out of contract and signed elsewhere with us getting no compensation. Maybe wrong.

Archived