IGNORED

Middlesbrough battling with three Premier League sides to sign Bobby Reid

Eastside Moonwalker

1 hour ago, Notbarrymanc said:

My mate is a scout and he says there’s a lot of interest in Bobby in his sphere of influence as well as amongst the cubs. 

Sphere of influence?  I have no idea what that means apart from the fact it sounds like agent speak.

1 hour ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

As great as Bobby has been in the last 3 months, he's not exactly set the world alight in the past few seasons so I don't think his value would be that high. I'm surprised clubs are looking at him already tbh, seems like a big risk to me.

Think they should keep an eye on him, but let him stay at City for the time being. :shifty:

It would be to us though, especially if we're anywhere around the top 6 come January.

Not going to be a lot of time to tie him down after this international break and before January. Need to look at him and Brownhill in particular for new deals. Personally even if they were both in the last year of their deals I would not sell unless for silly money(3-4m+ with 6 months left). Rather chance it in terms of going for promotion. 

Though I guess it will tell the motivation of the players. I have no problem bringing them up to the wages of some others but it needs to be in our range as well. Hopefully no playing up by the agents and getting them on wages similar to the likes of Flint, Smith, and Wright for example. They have really come into their own under LJ and you’d hope that pays dividends when it comes to new contracts. 

20 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

He is out of contract next summer, so unless there was a one year extension option included that  could be activated, it could be a cheap buy for someone with only the development fee to pay I guess, if that still exists. Bobby won't be going anywhere for equal terms but you can imagine his agent will want to get the most suitable deal for him. You would think the club is trying everything to get him on a new deal so they can get the best reward if he moves on in future. Though keeping Bryan could prove a bigger challenge, and Flint done himself no harm either.  What about Brownhill , he had a 2 year deal too when he signed I recall. All part of the fun and games for the club. They have done quite well in recent times in this area, getting more right than wrong.

MA. Said on twenyman show , bobby, joe and josh are not in the last year of there contracts.

Archived