IGNORED

JUST RELEASED - MANCHESTER TICKET DETAILS

RedM

1 minute ago, shelts said:

The club have got it massively wrong . I am a Plus member and am still in the same priority as season ticket holders . Surely plus members could’ve been given an extra ticket ?

As for the ticket pricing bumped up after we’ve paid less for two other Premiership teams at home it’s a disgrace And symptomatic of the greed in football and at my own club . 

Will still buy tickets for myself and family 

Didn't we sell only a few less season tickets this season, meaning many many people renewed and are therefore 'plus as well?

You get yer seat, be happy!

2 minutes ago, shelts said:

The club have got it massively wrong . I am a Plus member and am still in the same priority as season ticket holders . Surely plus members could’ve been given an extra ticket ?

As for the ticket pricing bumped up after we’ve paid less for two other Premiership teams at home it’s a disgrace And symptomatic of the greed in football and at my own club . 

The majority of ST holders will be "PLUS". We simply don't have the capacity to offer ST holders more than one ticket each.

3 minutes ago, shelts said:

Given there's what 14,000 odd ST holders I don't see the problem being in the same category? As for price, this is just our gold category price which Man Utd should be in all honesty, previous cup games were not going to sell out so the club offered incentive to get more people in, supply and demand. 

Lots of self-entitled part timers and fair weathers kicking off massively online.

I genuinely feel for supporters who regularly attend Ashton Gate and don't have a membership but then from the Club's point of view: why didn't you buy a membership. 

3 minutes ago, SARJ said:

Lots of self-entitled part timers and fair weathers kicking off massively online.

I genuinely feel for supporters who regularly attend Ashton Gate and don't have a membership but then from the Club's point of view: why didn't you buy a membership. 

Link us up!

I could do with a giggle.

When will City play Manchester United again?  This is a game for the history books for City and as such, one that should have rewarded all City fans, regardless of category.  I agree that keeping the cup prices at £13 would have been the right thing to do so that all who wish to and can get a ticket can enjoy a great night, just before Christmas, at the same price at the Palace game.

City have 4 televised Sky matches in December from which they will also earn very well.  City should have embraced the season of goodwill through pricing as some will never in their lifetime see City play Manchester United.  The 4 Sky games will have compensated for keeping the price at £13.

From a pricing perspective, it looks as though City are capitalising and being a bit greedy when it was and is, unnecessary to do so and that's a shame.

22 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I guess it depends what Man United wanted - perhaps they wanted £45 per adult and we met in the middle.

I think, all things considered, pricing is about right. 

I'd have thought Man Utd could only request ticket prices be no lower than a top priced league fixture. It would seem very odd for an away side to force a club to charge greater than a league fixture.

3 minutes ago, SARJ said:

They will get their day when we get to Wembley!!!

2 minutes ago, Coppello said:

Does anyone know that if I were to buy tickets for upcoming home games now, would they count towards my allocation? I have been to 5 away games but haven't had any home tickets this season. 

Yes they would, but you'd need to buy 4 home tickets to make Priority 2 category!!! 

11 minutes ago, shelts said:

Why should a plus member get more than one ticket?  A plus member is one person.  Giving them more than one wouldn't benefit the member, it would benefit a potentially underserving friend.  Let members have their chance.

3 minutes ago, Selred said:

I am annoyed it's based on home games.

I've been to Watford, Brentford and Fulham away, and only Burton at home. 4 games, but somehow this makes me less of a fan who went to 4 home games?

Doesn't make sense.

@AdamB can you please explain this decision.

You've only given the club £25 (or whatever) this season I suppose is the argument.

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

You've only given the club £25 (or whatever) this season I suppose is the argument.

The decision was based on rewarding loyal fans though, so that argument doesn't make sense. 

Especially when you look at the number of home games I went to last season.

Tickets priced in excess of £30 are for me a kick in the teeth for ST holders who have paid substantially upfront, and are above the price for Premiership league games. I accept, however, that it’s not entirely within our control. 

I have to say though that I disagree with decision to restrict tickets to Man Utd and put City ‘supporters in the Atyeo’ to maximise ticket s for home fans. I’m surprised that the Police are happy. Who are these additional City fans.  If you deduct away fans from this season’s home crowds, then our support numbers 18-20,000 which can easily be accommodated across the rest of the stadium. Is the Atyeo going to ba fillled with plastics? I also thought we were required to give away fans 15% in the FA Cup. How are we getting round that 

Having been pretty vocal with my concerns about the sales process, and asking the question in the Q&A, I have to say that overall I'm pretty happy with what the club are doing here.  It seems pretty fair - whilst acknowledging the disappointment for those with an away game bias.

My only slight concern is that I will probably only manage 3 games prior to United rather than the golden four, but that's my problem and isn't the club's fault.  Fundamentally the club are rewarding fans who are attending games, which will rule out all but the most commited United infiltrators - and I think they should be applauded for that.  I also think the prices are not unreasonable for what will be a hugely oversubscribed game.

2 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Tickets priced in excess of £30 are for me a kick in the teeth for ST holders who have paid substantially upfront, and are above the price for Premiership league games. I accept, however, that it’s not entirely within our control. 

I have to say though that I disagree with decision to restrict tickets to Man Utd and put City ‘supporters in the Atyeo’ to maximise ticket s for home fans. I’m surprised that the Police are happy. Who are these additional City fans.  If you deduct away fans from this season’s home crowds, then our support numbers 18-20,000 which can easily be accommodated across the rest of the stadium. Is the Atyeo going to ba fillled with plastics? I also thought we were required to give away fans 15% in the FA Cup. How are we getting round that 

its not the FA cup!

Archived