IGNORED

JUST RELEASED - MANCHESTER TICKET DETAILS

RedM

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

I just need to get my a half and half scarf and I'll be good to go.

http://www.footiescarves.co.uk/

The club were giving them away a couple of seasons ago. I have still got mine. Red and white on one side and red and white on the other. You'll probably see me wearing it at the match, will stand out like a sore thumb (or a gas head at a MENSA meeting).

3 minutes ago, Super said:

Just looking at United forum there is barely a mention about this game!

Ages away and most of their fans won't be going or even be included in their ticket ballot.

Also, it's hardly a big game for them. They probably view it as one of those things they have to put up with to get to the semi final.

After speaking to Adam Baker on email he has told me Norwich and QPR January home games go on sale on the 13th Nov.

These can be counted towards your 4 home games to get into Tier 2.

I am going to Boro and Wolves, and have been to Wolves, so fortunately QPR game will make my 4. 

1 minute ago, Selred said:

After speaking to Adam Baker on email he has told me Norwich and QPR January home games go on sale on the 13th Nov.

I am going to Boro and Wolves, and have been to Wolves, so fortunately QPR game will make my 4. 

The club have played a blinder with this. Great attendances for forth coming league games.

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

The club have played a blinder with this. Great attendances for forth coming league games.

Massively appreciate the January tickets being on sale next week and being included in the 4 games. I'd only been on 3 home games (+4 away) otherwise.

Have to give @AdamB and the club praise where due there.

19 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Ages away and most of their fans won't be going or even be included in their ticket ballot.

Also, it's hardly a big game for them. They probably view it as one of those things they have to put up with to get to the semi final.

Was chatting to a friend today who has been hunting for an away ticket (he jacked his ST years back): his contacts in the United ticket office have already noted that tickets are already like rocking horse shit [possibly not the official line on the allocation], and outside of a tout he is expecting to be SOOL for this. He is planning on coming down to Bristol in any event.

Would also like to echo the frustration of being a mainly away supporting City fan not being recognised here.  I understand it but can't say I agree with it.

My son and I have used our Forever Bristol membership to go to Brentford, Watford, Birmingham, Reading, Ipswich and Fulham so far this season. I know the club don't profit financially from this but surely the team benefit from our support when there? Or is supporting your club now simply viewed in terms of pounds spent?

Not looking for any special treatment at all just a fair chance of a ticket in return for following the club albeit away from Ashton Gate. It's particularly galling to be behind Basketball and Rugby fans too.

Most aren't interested in the game itself- It is an inconvenience to team in the middle of a busy festive fixture schedule and it's a trophy the fans really aren't that bothered about winning (season ticket holder in the office didn't even bother going to the final last year... imagine being that "meh" about a major trophy!!).

However....

We haven't played them since 1980- There is a great interest in attending this game as most of them haven't ever been to the Gate and those that have were mostly at Chris Garlands testimonial in 93.

1 hour ago, Selred said:

1 hour ago, Selred said:

Massively appreciate the January tickets being on sale next week and being included in the 4 games. I'd only been on 3 home games (+4 away) otherwise.

Have to give @AdamB and the club praise where due there.

Agree they've been very clever here - it has the effect of both rewarding regular attenders, and boosting attendances for league games - without any obligation to buy for games you can't make.  I would probably have gone to another game anyway, but I'm now going to both Preston and Wolves games to get me to the magic four.  I go to more matches, increase my priority, and the club gets more money....everyone wins.  Except my Mrs.

The only complaint is the lack of recognition for away games attended.

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Agree they've been very clever here - it has the effect of both rewarding regular attenders, and boosting attendances for league games - without any obligation to buy for games you can't make.  I would probably have gone to another game anyway, but I'm now going to both Preston and Wolves games to get me to the magic four.  I go to more matches, increase my priority, and the club gets more money....everyone wins.  Except my Mrs.

The only complaint is the lack of recognition for away games attended.

He did say if we had United away then it would be based on away game priority.

I'm looking forward to having Arsenal away priority in the semi final!

17 minutes ago, Selred said:

He did say if we had United away then it would be based on away game priority.

I'm looking forward to having Arsenal away priority in the semi final!

Out of interest, did he say what this would look like? e.g. Priority 1: STHs who've been to 5 + away games; Priority 2: STHs who've been to 3+ aways etc.

52 minutes ago, scribbler said:

Would also like to echo the frustration of being a mainly away supporting City fan not being recognised here.  I understand it but can't say I agree with it.

My son and I have used our Forever Bristol membership to go to Brentford, Watford, Birmingham, Reading, Ipswich and Fulham so far this season. I know the club don't profit financially from this but surely the team benefit from our support when there? Or is supporting your club now simply viewed in terms of pounds spent?

Not looking for any special treatment at all just a fair chance of a ticket in return for following the club albeit away from Ashton Gate. It's particularly galling to be behind Basketball and Rugby fans too.

@AdamB

@Mkelly

There are a number of our exiles who have this unfortunate issue (I’m not one)

-is this something the Club could possibly review and make the four game priority ANY game  home OR away

In many ways our away followings / supporters are more valuable to success , certainly on the pitch than anyone

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

@AdamB

@Mkelly

-is this something the Club could possibly review and make the four game priority ANY game  home OR away

In many ways our away followings / supporters are more valuable to success , certainly on the pitch than anyone

Adam emailed me saying:

With regards to the decision to recognise home games for priority, this was simply because the cup tie is a home fixture. If we had drawn Manchester United away, it is highly likely we would have begun with season card PLUS holders who had been to a certain number of away fixtures before dropping through the priority groups.

However, there’s an added complication with away games. A large number of our fanbase choose to pay on the day and therefore do not get recognised on our system (over 300 for Fulham away recently).

• Admin
16 minutes ago, george1108 said:

Apologies if this has been answered somewhere in the thread but I can't see it anywhere. If I've purchased 9 tickets across 3 home games and am a member do i qualify for priority two or three?  

@george1108 It's all about how many games are on each seperate ticket - I am assuming that there are 3 on each?

In that instance none of the people have been to the "4 or more" fixtures to qualify for sales period 2

• Admin
1 hour ago, scribbler said:

38 minutes ago, Selred said:

However, there’s an added complication with away games. A large number of our fanbase choose to pay on the day and therefore do not get recognised on our system (over 300 for Fulham away recently).

... rightly or wrongly this is the nail on the head for that arguement

1 hour ago, scribbler said:

You mean behind basketball and rugby fans who have been to home City matches this season.

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

... rightly or wrongly this is the nail on the head for that arguement

Yes POTD is much higher for away games but all our tickets are bought through membership and purchase history is clear to see.

I actually think the club have got this broadly right - you can't please everyone. I think the point is that there are a lot of exiled fans like us who spend a lot of time, effort and money following City over the course of a season and the occasional nod of recognition would be nice.

Still, I'm sure there'll be ample tickets to go round in the final!

You know, thinking about it- though this may sound an idea better on paper than in reality...anyway.

The spate of memberships post the draw. Could be prioritised e.g. those with no purchase history drop to back of membership queue, those with one home game this year prior to the draw a bit higher, those with 2 a bit higher up to say 4 or 5 games.

Note I am talking about new members as opposed to ones who purchased start of season.

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

@AdamB

@Mkelly

Agreed, and surely if you purchase the away tickets from BCFC they know your purchasing history. so why the difference.

25 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

You mean behind basketball and rugby fans who have been to home City matches this season.

Surely not - Basketball and rugby SC holders have priority whether they have ever watched a football match dont they?

Aplogies in advance if that isn't the case.

12 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Surely not - Basketball and rugby SC holders have priority whether they have ever watched a football match dont they?

Aplogies in advance if that isn't the case.

No.  

1. Bristol City ST/half-ST holders
2. Forever Bristol members/Bristol Rugby ST holders/Bristol Flyers ST holders/Bristol City WFC ST holders who have attended 4+ BCFC 2017/18 home games
3. Forever Bristol members/Bristol Rugby ST holders/Bristol Flyers ST holders/Bristol City WFC ST holders who have attended 1+ BCFC 2017/18 home games
4. Forever Bristol members/Bristol Rugby ST holders/Bristol Flyers ST holders/Bristol City WFC ST holders
5. General sale

From what I read of your situation (members with multiple away games but no home games), the only rugby and basketball fans ahead of you are those with BCFC home games to their name this season.

1 hour ago, george1108 said:

Apologies if this has been answered somewhere in the thread but I can't see it anywhere. If I've purchased 9 tickets across 3 home games and am a member do i qualify for priority two or three?  

1 hour ago, phantom said:

@george1108 It's all about how many games are on each seperate ticket - I am assuming that there are 3 on each?

In that instance none of the people have been to the "4 or more" fixtures to qualify for sales period 2

I think what he is saying is that, If he has purchased all the tickets on his membership, and not assigned them to people, is he himself entitled to a ticket?

The ticket details state:

Priority Two

Members who have purchased four or more Bristol City home match tickets (league and cup) in 2017/18. One ticket per member.

It doesn't say anthing about 4 different games. Just 4 or more home tickets "purchased", so he may be okay.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

You know, thinking about it- though this may sound an idea better on paper than in reality...anyway.

The spate of memberships post the draw. Could be prioritised e.g. those with no purchase history drop to back of membership queue, those with one home game this year prior to the draw a bit higher, those with 2 a bit higher up to say 4 or 5 games.

Note I am talking about new members as opposed to ones who purchased start of season.

Unless I am reading this wrong @Mr Popodopolous , that is what we are doing

54 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

1. Bristol City ST/half-ST holders
2. Forever Bristol members/Bristol Rugby ST holders/Bristol Flyers ST holders/Bristol City WFC ST holders who have attended 4+ BCFC 2017/18 home games
3. Forever Bristol members/Bristol Rugby ST holders/Bristol Flyers ST holders/Bristol City WFC ST holders who have attended 1+ BCFC 2017/18 home games
4. Forever Bristol members/Bristol Rugby ST holders/Bristol Flyers ST holders/Bristol City WFC ST holders
5. General sale

• Admin
9 minutes ago, Kibs said:

I think what he is saying is that, If he has purchased all the tickets on his membership, and not assigned them to people, is he himself entitled to a ticket?

The ticket details state:

Priority Two

Members who have purchased four or more Bristol City home match tickets (league and cup) in 2017/18. One ticket per member.

It doesn't say anthing about 4 different games. Just 4 or more home tickets "purchased", so he may be okay.

I don't agree, I think it is just a different interpretation of how we are reading the same sentance

If I was to buy 4 tickets, 1 for me and one each for 3 friends that would give me an advantage over someone that has been to 3 different games?

Archived