IGNORED

Our next 5 matches

EmersonsRed

Tell us more than our previous 16 in terms of promotion hopes, I think we'll have a good idea of where we stand this season after them.

We have:

Wednesday away - one loss at home for them all season.
Preston home - a bipolar side if ever I have seen one. 
Hull at home - they have the 2nd best attack in the league and the 2nd worst defence in the league.
Boro home - They have some very talented players. Expect them to be play-offs come May.
Sheffield United away - 21 points from 8 games at home... 3 points dropped

A good mix in there, we will face 3 sides who will want to be top 6 end of the season and 2 huge bogey sides for us (we haven't won in 8 v Preston or 7 v Hull). Would love 9 points from these games. Is that realistic? 

Think we'll struggle a little with fatigue due to the nature of our start to the season. Thankfully, the good position we're currently in means we can realistically afford to slip up here or there and still be comfortable at worst.

Wednesday (A) - 0 Points
Preston (H) - 3 Points
Hull (H) - 1 Point
Boro (H) - 1 Point
Sheff Utd (A) - 3 Points

SW(A) - 1

Preston(H) - 3

Hull(A) - 1

Boro(H) - 1

SU(A) - 3

Unbeaten again but no one there scares me. All are tough on their day but we have been tough all season. SW maybe the toughest test out of the 5. Think 1-1 there. Preston at home should be a win assuming they are still struggling with injury. Hull away, they are better at home than away I think so not an easy one but hard to see them winning on current form. Boro has all the talent so the point is there is respect to that. Sheff United I think we can beat. Think they have seriously overacheived in the goals scored department. We can keep them from scoring and think we can get 1 or 2 against them. We will see. None easy but all beatable. 

2 hours ago, EmersonsRed said:

Tell us more than our previous 16 in terms of promotion hopes, I think we'll have a good idea of where we stand this season after them.

We have:

Hull at home - they have the 2nd best attack in the league and the 2nd worst defence in the league.
Boro home - They have some very talented players. Expect them to be play-offs come May.

A good mix in there, we will face 3 sides who will want to be top 6 end of the season and 2 huge bogey sides for us (we haven't won in 8 v Preston or 7 v Hull). Would love 9 points from these games. Is that realistic? 

I reckon we need 12 points from the next 6 matches before the Man.U game (so including Forest), in order to cement a place in the top six.

2 hours ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Wednesday Away - 1 point

Preston Home - 3 Points

Hull Home - 3 Points

Boro Home - 1 Point

Sheff Utd Away - 0 Points.

8 out of 15 would be a decent return and maintains getting 2 points out of every 3 available which does usually end in promotion.

Somebody didn’t pay attention during Maths at school..! 

2 hours ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Wednesday Away - 1 point

Preston Home - 3 Points

Hull Home - 3 Points

Boro Home - 1 Point

Sheff Utd Away - 0 Points.

8 out of 15 would be a decent return and maintains getting 2 points out of every 3 available which does usually end in promotion.

9 points

Wednesday Away - 1 point

Preston Home - 3 Points

Hull Home - 3 Points

Boro Home - 1 Point

Sheff Utd Away - 1 Points.

3 hours ago, EmersonsRed said:

We have:

Wednesday - D

Preston - W

Hull - L

Boro - L

Sheff Utd - W

7 points, leaving us still in the play offs (just). Think the many posts suggesting we will go all 5 unbeaten are wide of the mark.

Wednesday D - Some weeks they are brilliant, some weeks they are awful. The fans want Carlos out and so if we can get at them early and get an early goal we can turn them against their team hopefully.

Preston W - Probably our bogey team of recent times but if we are serious about a top 6 finish then we need to be winning as many home games as possible.

Hull - W They look good going forward but with Wright back we should have enough to outclass them, their defence is shocking as well.

Boro - D Home game so we can get a draw, we seem to turn up for the better teams as well.

Sheff United L They are a very well organised team, can't see us getting anything tbf

If I could predict who we can beat or not ideal would be a millionaire next year. Who of thought we would draw at home to Burton but get results against teams like ipswich and Cardiff? Teams that have been bogey sides for years. We just to keep ticking along. In a way I was glad we lost against leeds,another bogey team and start a new run going.

Weds D

PNE W

Hull L

Boro W

Blades L

So 7

I think rather than look at the next five we perhaps ought to make it the next seven as then we will have played everyone and half the season will be done so I`d add 

Forest W

QPR D

Giving us 41 points from the first half of the season - can`t be disappointed with that IMO.

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Weds D

PNE W

Hull L

Boro W

Blades L

So 7

I think rather than look at the next five we perhaps ought to make it the next seven as then we will have played everyone and half the season will be done so I`d add 

Forest W

QPR D

Giving us 41 points from the first half of the season - can`t be disappointed with that IMO.

We have got to beat QPR. Fed up of our poor record away there. 

Is there anyone else who, like me,  when looking at the "next 5 games" threads that have cropped up throughout the season, keeps finding themselves  thinking that next 5 always seem to be tough and are pessimistic about our chances?

Perhaps we need to start thinking and realising that fans of opposition teams will be looking at their next 5 fixtures and when it includes a game against us they will be thinking how tough that looks.

Is there a cut and paste option for "after the next 5 games we will have a better idea of where we really are"?  I reckon some will be saying this when there are 5 games left to play.

33 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Is there a cut and paste option for "after the next 5 games we will have a better idea of where we really are"?  I reckon some will be saying this when there are 5 games left to play.

And isn’t that the only time that they’ll actually be right..?!

Sheff Wed- D

Preston- W

Hull A- W

Boro- D

Sheff United- W

11 points is very optimistic, but I don't fear any of these teams, full expect us to beat a very average Hull side who concede plenty 

and a Preston side who have a huge injury list and are in very poor form.

The remaining three are tough, think even this early on the Sheff Utd game is massive..  I fancy us to show what were all about and win up there. 

Will settle for draws against Sheff Wed & Boro, if were gunna lose any I think it'll be Sheff Wed. 

Lets be honest. If we have 40 points on Christmas Day then we will have done very well.  To do that we need to take 10 from the next seven matches.  Three wins, one draw and three losses.

Would mean we were halfway through the season with 40 points from 23 games and likely with a positive goal difference.  We'd probably also still be in the top 6.

Anyone on here would have taken that back in August.

Edit: due to mathematical embarrassment.

Archived