IGNORED

Six England squad withdrawals for injury... Really?

City Cat

3 hours ago, Negan said:

Would be my team for Russia. 

Hart 

Walker Stones Cahill Rose 

Dier

Wilshere Alli Lallana

Kane  Rashford 

My team for Russia would probably be Germany.

3 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

I thought he pulled off at least two or three good shakes of the head after conceding for West Ham during the week?

The amount of goals conceded by West Ham this year says enough, bad defending isn't to blame for all of them. 

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

People have been saying blood youth for years. The problem is there's no way of knowing these young players are going to go on and be good enough in the future. Look at theo Walcott. Took him to a tournement when he was 17. Played plenty of games for England and he never really got that good. So it was pointless playing him from a very young age. Henderson is one of our best midfielders, so he has to play. Just play our best players. We will be much better in a few years. There's far too much quality talent coming through now.

Henderson achieves more in nullifying any attacking potency we may have than the combined effort of an Italian defence at their prime. My grandad could contribute more going forwards than him - and he's been dead for 50 years.

No leader, can't head, tackle, shoot and can only pass sideways and backwards over 10 yards. Hopeless. Bloke steals a living. 

32 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

He'd hardly be Liverpool regular and captain if that was the case. 

..... and despite being one the biggest/richest Club's in the Premier League/Europe they've won exactly what with Mr Henderson? 

Nah, he's carp. 

32 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

If i had my way

Any player who pulls out of ANY national squad gets band from the next two league games for his club

Harry Kane would be in the squad now if that was the case

If the player has an injury the England manager could send him home when he is ready to

England doesnt pay their wages

36 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

..... and despite being one the biggest/richest Club's in the Premier League/Europe they've won exactly what with Mr Henderson? 

Nah, he's carp. 

Henderson is not up to scratch for England

Could you see him getting a place in Spain, France or Germany's midfield

No, nor could I

19 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Look at some of the midfielders he keeps out of the Liverpool team. He's clearly not crap. He doesn't look great against sides that have 11 men behind the ball. But in tournaments against the likes of Italy, he has often been a player that performs well. It's the more flashy players like Rooney and Gerrard who have let us down in the big matches.

Gerrard was just a better version of Henderson.

Messi is flashy.

Mbappe is flashy

Neymar is flashy

Henderson only keeps his place in the Liverpool team because he is the English presence that is apparently so important to club sides here

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 09:04, Midred said:

The FA should just say alright but these players won't be allowed to play in domestic matches for the weekend following the international break. 

bet you like lazarus they nearly all make miraculous recoveries before their next domestic game.

27 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I'm not talking about Messi or Neymar. My point was that henderson has performed better than the likes of flashy players like Gerrard and Rooney. Henderson is better defensively than Gerrard. Better at the basics. My point about those two players are they were a liability, failing to do the basics. And did not ever produce moments of brilliance in recent tournements. Henderson might not give you a moment of genius, but he doesn't let the team down. 

Its not what Henderson does that is the issue - its what he doesnt do, and the catalogue is considerable.

Neither Gerrard nor Rooney were what I consider to be 'flashy' players. We do not have any flashy players (apart from Alli who is so overrated its embarrasing).

Thats why we never achieve much at the tournaments.

On 11/8/2017 at 16:22, Negan said:

Yep Henderson is awful. Genuinely have no idea what player he is. He’s not creative, not defensive, not a box to box midfielder and he doesn’t score... hope wilshere can get back to 100% as he’s without doubt our best CM

Sort of a worse version of Gareth Barry you mean?

As for players faking injury by order of their club.. Utterly shameful.

When was it then that being called up to represent your country become optional? As far as I am concerned it should be obligatory. As for getting paid to play... Don't get me started on that old chestnut. 

On 08/11/2017 at 08:22, Eddie Hitler said:

I thought Kane for one was genuinely injured, something like s muscle strain.

Ryan Giggs should have been the subject of a whole medical study because of the amount of injuries he suddenly picked up whenever Wales announced an international friendly.

Much to my embarrassment, in nine years as a Wales international I hadn't played in a single friendly.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/giggs-missing-wales-games-choice-2383772

I would like to know why that**** is a pundit for England matches that don't involve Wales.

3 hours ago, Midred said:

Like West Ham's star player?

Under FIFA rules none of the "injured" players can play for their clubs until Monday 20th November . That being for five days after the end of the International period on Tuesday night 14thh November.

Let's see if FIFA, The FA, Arsenal (v Spurs) or WBA (v Chelsea) or others "bottle" it like we did !

On 11/8/2017 at 21:22, Negan said:

Yep Henderson is awful. Genuinely have no idea what player he is. He’s not creative, not defensive, not a box to box midfielder and he doesn’t score... hope wilshere can get back to 100% as he’s without doubt our best CM

Jack Wilshere is the most overrated midfielder in the Premier League. 

Tom Cleverley is a close second.

36 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Wilshere is very good at his best. And who is Cleverley overrated by exactly ?

147 PL appearances in 10 years. Most of which fans have used the 'he wasn't 100%, he's just returned from injury' excuse to defend his consistently poor performances. Let's just face it, he's crap!

Cleverley has made 70 more appearances than Wilshere in the same period, for 5 different premier league clubs, with a quarter of his appearances for Man U. Some people obviously rate him although no idea why.

9 minutes ago, dave36 said:

Henderson not up to it in prem or international games, never has been! 

Hart should never ever be allowed on field in any international or important prem game - his mistakes so predictable the betting syndicates must love him! Have not read the paradise papers, is he there too?

Not sure about Henderson, I think the work he does off the ball is incredible. He's not an attacking/goalscoring midfielder so will never be under the spotlight like Ali for example, but his energy, high pressing and passing accuracy sets him above any other England midfielder (in those areas) IMO. Depends what you want from your midfielders. I think the only player in the England squad you can really compare to Henderson is Dier.

Agree his form for England hasn't been particularly brilliant and he''s been quite poor this year, returning from injury.

Ratings based on 16/17 season where Spurs came 2nd, Liverpool 4th..

Comparison.PNG

Archived