IGNORED

How Much Would You Sell For?

SARJ

1 minute ago, AshtonPark said:

I've heard someone who has his season ticket, plus 2 kids as they were £50. His kids never go as he just wanted it for the shirts mainly, he is buying the two kids tickets and already has an offer from a man united fan for £250 each.

I fear there'll be plenty of that in the run up to the game. So close to Christmas - I imagine it'll be tempting for lots of people, especially those with families.

Not a problem if the tickets are going to genuine City fans, but I suspect the most outlandish offers will come from local Manchester 'fans' who are desperate to watch Manchester live in Bristol.

2 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

I've heard someone who has his season ticket, plus 2 kids as they were £50. His kids never go as he just wanted it for the shirts mainly, he is buying the two kids tickets and already has an offer from a man united fan for £250 each.

So thats two Man U in the home end??

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Firstly - I wouldn't dream of selling my ticket to someone that wasn't a proper City fan. It would be morally wrong. I hope no one is tempted to do that..

I appreciate your sentiments Phileas, but if some plastic Manc offered you £250-300 surely it would be hard to turn down?

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

I fear there'll be plenty of that in the run up to the game. So close to Christmas - I imagine it'll be tempting for lots of people, especially those with families.

Not a problem if the tickets are going to genuine City fans, but I suspect the most outlandish offers will come from local Manchester 'fans' who are desperate to watch Manchester live in Bristol.

It makes sense to a lot of people, i imagine there are a lot of kids season tickets who the kids dont really go to. You think under 12's were £50 each, if a mum/dad got a ticket for a 3 year old etc and hasnt been to games. For someone to sell their ticket for a vast price to buy that said kid toys for christmas etc its a no brainer for most.

2 minutes ago, SARJ said:

I appreciate your sentiments Phileas, but if some plastic Manc offered you £250-300 surely it would be hard to turn down?

Yes it really would be hard, especially that close to Christmas. I feel very strongly about this though and would rather sell to a City fan for £30 than a Manchester 'fan' for £250-300.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yes it really would be hard, especially that close to Christmas. I feel very strongly about this though and would rather sell to a City fan for £30 than a Manchester 'fan' for £250-300.

If its a case of selling a ticket for £30, or helping your family through christmas on £300 i think i know what most would pick.

3 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

If its a case of selling a ticket for £30, or helping your family through christmas on £300 i think i know what most would pick.

Yeah I completely get the dilemma - personally though i'm not in a situation where I have a family to support which changes my priorities and thus my outlook on this.

I would understand someone being very tempted by a huge offer - I just hope that offer comes from a City fan rather than a Manchester 'fan'.

I think someone paying 250-300 quid would be disappointed, although its Man U and most of us are aware of Jose's constant moaning of the fixture pile up over Christmas (as if it doesn't affect any other team), they will more than likely start a 2nd team and bring a few of the first team on if the game is tight. If I was going, id be there to see Bristol City, not Man U.

People's situations are different with Christmas coming up, if someone with a ticket gets a silly offer like £250 and sells it to whoever it maybe, then I wouldn't blame them. 

Personally this is a huge occasion for the club, this could be another I was there moment dare I say we knock United out the cup. 

If your extremely passionate about BCFC like most of us are, you wouldn't even debate selling the ticket. 

17 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Not a problem if the tickets are going to genuine City fans, but I suspect the most outlandish offers will come from local Manchester 'fans' who are desperate to watch Manchester live in Bristol.  Because Manchester is just too far

Fixed that for you :yes:

• Admin

Wouldn't sell my ticket for anything

These sort of games only come along once in a very long time - we put up with the poor fixtures to be rewarded with this one

Surely if you support City (and you can afford it) there is no reason not to go to this game?

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Wouldn't sell my ticket for anything

These sort of games only come along once in a very long time - we put up with the poor fixtures to be rewarded with this one

Surely if you support City (and you can afford it) there is no reason not to go to this game?

I think thats the main part, can afford it. If your on minimum wage, enforced mainly on the failing of the tory government, then £250 just before christmas will help someone massively.

Isn't that the whole point about selling things, you only really need to sell if you need the money.

There is a lot of poverty in bristol, i can imagine people will be tempted.

Archived