IGNORED

How Much Would You Sell For?

SARJ

£50 - I'm not massively bothered - my daughter wants to go as she has never used her S/T  in over a decade for a game where having it was really that much of a benefit.

If she was "meh" about it I would probably save the money and have a nice slap-up meal with the family over xmas or give the kids an extra tree present - am going, am sure I will be buzzing on the night but it is really not that massive for me - I could predict the sort of starting XI for Manchester as I actually watch a fair bit of them on Sky - let's face facts there are always on - and it is not that exciting a prospect in truth.

Watching some personal battles like Baker versus Lukaku and Marlon versus Matic or Herrera will be interesting but - yeah - trying to muster a bit more enthusiasm but struggling - mind you - work is busy and shit !!

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Why would a Man Utd fan pay £250 for one ticket, when they could buy a half season ticket AND a cup match ticket for £229..?!

They could then attend other matches that might take their fancy, or sell the season card on a match by match basis.

Some people are talking utter shite! 

Or hospo for an extra fiver!! 

If I was offered £500 for my 2 tickets then I’d sell, I’m genuinely looking forward to qpr away more than the Manchester United game!! 

You'd never sell your kids/family/etc. (Ok, maybe some would?)

Other than that, everything and everyone has a price.

Personally, unless someone is waving the readies in front of me and it's an extraordinary amount of money (people can talk about daft figures etc., but I really wouldn't know what this looks like till the money is waved in front of my nose), I wouldn't sell my ticket.

2 hours ago, SARJ said:

Day before or night of the Man United fixture. Complete sell out. People scrambling for tickets.

You're approached and offered a price for your ticket. What would you sell it for (realistically please)?

I hope that the club ID check tickets on entrance and anyone found to have sold on is refused entry personally. 

2 hours ago, Cider-Head23 said:

People's situations are different with Christmas coming up, if someone with a ticket gets a silly offer like £250 and sells it to whoever it maybe, then I wouldn't blame them. 

Personally this is a huge occasion for the club, this could be another I was there moment dare I say we knock United out the cup. 

If your extremely passionate about BCFC like most of us are, you wouldn't even debate selling the ticket. 

Why would anyone offer £250. You can buy a half season ticket for £200 then £30 odd for the game.

This may amazed some of you but the club are on the big sell for this.

I have gone VIP twice this season and I've had a call this morning offering me VIP for Manchester United game if I buy half year VIP.

I have been told that for £2550 plus VAT I can have Diamond VIP for the rest of the season and also for the Manchester United game and told I can book up to 5pm on Thursday and they expect demand to be high and can't guarantee availability after Thursday for me. (the price is for 2 people by the way).

Am I tempted, well actually I am. I enjoy going VIP and I want to go to the Man Utd game and probably have zero chance aside of this offer and I already passed on to a VIP member already I would be willing to pay up to £500 a head for the game in VIP, so an extra £1500 for the rest of the season for two people suddenly seems fair. 

But the club is already out on the big sell. 

3 hours ago, 29AR said:

It's nothing on modern society, supply and demand has been around for decades. We had ticket touts and sub-markets even 30 years ago. In one swoop many could pay off a vast chunk of 23 home games (their season ticket) for watching this one on the tele. I'd not chastise anyone for making the sacrifice for this game.

Not chastising anyone and whilst I get the argument to sell and make a bit of money I find it quite sad.

Perhaps a chance of a lifetime for some to see arguably the most successful club in generations and some are tempted to cash that in.

Maybe I’m a bit more fortunate than some but I’m a firm believer in experiences over cash. If I’m in a position to share that with others then I’d prefer to do that.

My old now dead Grampy Weeks instilled that in me when he used to say “there’s no pockets in shrouds”.

Even turned down 4 figure sums for England Australia in 1991 and similar amount for England Scotland in 1996.

Great experiences. No regrets.

17 minutes ago, KevP said:

I am informed that Tetbury MASSIVE has already sold his.:whistle:

Technically.... I haven't 'sold' anything.....!

I may happen to have two spare season tickets that wont be used and a friend of a friend as suggested that he would like to attend the game to see United and in exchange for that evenings experience he is quite happy to sponsor a 'shopping spree' at the BCFC Store to an agreed figure to enable my two daughters to be fully kitted out in home and away kits for Christmas. not a bad exchange to see 4 happy smiley faces over the Christmas Period.  

So sorry you statement is incorrect.

We all know that officially tickets are non transferable, but also that unofficially many STH's pass on their card to family or friends if they can't make a game.

Anyone who sells (or even loans) their ticket for the Cup game will be responsible for the behaviour of the person who takes their place.

If that person is involved in any sort of altercation that brings him to the attention of the stewards/CCTV - quite possible if they're non City fans in the home stands- the club could trace the ticket back to the seller and conceivably withdraw the ST and ban him.

If the ticket is taken by a known City fan there should be no problem, then it's just the question of the morals of profiteering, and whether it's acceptable to charge a fellow City fan more than face value, and most people would surely say it's not. Anyone who sells their ticket indiscriminately, whether for profit or otherwise, to a stranger of unknown allegiance is heightening the risk of bother and putting their fellow City fans around them in a potentially volatile situation where there should be none. 

That's surely both greedy and selfish, and, along with a a real possibilty of getting yourself banned from AG - even though you're not even at the match - just the wrong thing to do on every level imo.

People have financial pressures and selling a Man U ticket will cover the cost of Christmas for some. 

However most would not/don't need to make that decision. Those who don't I would say go. I am one of those who had seen us play them in the league and can add a couple of league cup semi finals to boot. Memories are what we have of the day we beat United I can say that. 

To those who are tempted to sell due to financial pressure have A great Christmas regardless of what you do. But don't sell to a United fan for all the obvious reasons if you can avoid it. 

11 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

I may happen to have two spare season tickets that wont be used and a friend of a friend as suggested that he would like to attend the game to see United and in exchange for that evenings experience he is quite happy to sponsor a 'shopping spree' at the BCFC Store to an agreed figure to enable my two daughters to be fully kitted out in home and away kits for Christmas. not a bad exchange to see 4 happy smiley faces over the Christmas Period.  

I understand you've sold them my friend irrespective of your lousy explanation. So who do these " friends  " support...???

14 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

Sounds to me like you’ve sold them. And at more than their face value.

Shame.

A friend of a friend too?

I offered mine at face value to a fellow OTIBer.

Guess we’re just different.

1 hour ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Not chastising anyone and whilst I get the argument to sell and make a bit of money I find it quite sad.

Perhaps a chance of a lifetime for some to see arguably the most successful club in generations and some are tempted to cash that in.

Maybe I’m a bit more fortunate than some but I’m a firm believer in experiences over cash. If I’m in a position to share that with others then I’d prefer to do that.

My old now dead Grampy Weeks instilled that in me when he used to say “there’s no pockets in shrouds”.

Even turned down 4 figure sums for England Australia in 1991 and similar amount for England Scotland in 1996.

Great experiences. No regrets.

That's very nice and an admirable take on life, but not everyone is fortunate enough to have the same circumstances as you. If somebody offered me £250-300 I would have to sell as that money would make a huge difference to me/the family at Christmas time, even though I'd be gutted to miss the game live.

Archived