IGNORED

How Much Would You Sell For?

SARJ

12 minutes ago, SARJ said:

That's very nice and an admirable take on life, but not everyone is fortunate enough to have the same circumstances as you. If somebody offered me £250-300 I would have to sell as that money would make a huge difference to me/the family at Christmas time, even though I'd be gutted to miss the game live.

I expect he would have a different view if his kids didn’t have any food on the table. 

35 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Sounds to me like you’ve sold them. And at more than their face value.

Shame.

A friend of a friend too?

I offered mine at face value to a fellow OTIBer.

Guess we’re just different.

I haven't sold anything..... I will be purchasing them at the face value and recouping the face value of said tickets.

The friend of a friend generously suggested his offer in show of his gratefulness of being able to go to the game with his boy to watch united.

I did say that he didn't need too but he was having none of it and said he would sort my girls out for Christmas.

Why should I provide a 'fellow OTIBer' a ticket when I don't know them....?

The situation is no different than any other occasion I have taken a mate to watch a game regardless of who the support.

39 minutes ago, KevP said:

I understand you've sold them my friend irrespective of your lousy explanation. So who do these " friends  " support...???

Not that I think it matters but both my friend and friend of a friend are Swindon season ticket holders and the boy is a Man United fan. I have told them they cant show any colours and fully expect the lad to wear his Man United shirt under his coat and jumper. There will be no harm done.

They club will actually make more money through the purchases!!

6 hours ago, SARJ said:

I am extremely passionate, but I'm also extremely passionate about paying my bills, mortgage, Christmas stuff and providing for the family.

For the sake of a cup game against a Utd B-Team, which you can watch on the tele for free, I'd actually judge people for not taking the money :laugh:. But then again, different principles, circumstances, courses for horses, so fair play whatever you decide.

No you cant

You can watch it on TV if you have shelled out an exorbitant amount on a subscription to a company that contributes largely to the finanical mess in football .

9 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

I haven't sold anything..... I will be purchasing them at the face value and recouping the face value of said tickets.

The friend of a friend generously suggested his offer in show of his gratefulness of being able to go to the game with his boy to watch united.

I did say that he didn't need too but he was having none of it and said he would sort my girls out for Christmas.

The situation is no different than any other occasion I have taken a mate to watch a game regardless of who the support.

Not that I think it matters but both my friend and friend of a friend are Swindon season ticket holders and the boy is a Man United fan. I have told them they cant show any colours and fully expect the lad to wear his Man United shirt under his coat and jumper. There will be no harm done.

I feel sick. ....You may as well have sold your soul to the ( Red ) Devil ( s ) FFS.......:facepalm:

There is absolutely no way I’d sell my ticket unless it was a life changing amount of money, I’m talking tens of thousands. Imagine that by some miracle we win, and in years to come after the £200/300 is long gone, the regret I’d feel in missing out would be unbearable. Man United at home in a cup quarter final, it’s a once in a genaration occurrence, not to be missed.

38 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

No you cant

You can watch it on TV if you have shelled out an exorbitant amount on a subscription to a company that contributes largely to the finanical mess in football .

Two other ways tbh...

Price of a pint (or several- still cheaper than a ticket) down the pub.

OR, and I don't advocate it, but streaming is quite easy these days and a good range of well working streams.

43 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

I sincerely hope the club are monitoring this thread and know who you are and block you from buying tickets personally. 

Games like this with City in one of the later rounds of a major cup competition don't come around very often. I'd only sell my ticket if I was suddenly unable to get to the game and it would be at face value to a City fan. 

Equally I wouldn't be prepared to pay someone more than face value for a ticket.

13 minutes ago, palmerred said:

I sincerely hope the club are monitoring this thread and know who you are and block you from buying tickets personally. 

Really?? Even tho I haven't done anything wrong..... interesting.

I see you have not picked up on the forum mod that has stated that they would consider selling their ticket for a offer in excess of £200 yet you want me banned from purchasing a ticket at face value... very strange.

3 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

Really?? Even tho I haven't done anything wrong..... interesting.

I see you have not picked up on the forum mod that has stated that they would consider selling their ticket for a offer in excess of £200 yet you want me banned from purchasing a ticket at face value... very strange.

Personally think anyone buying tickets not for personal use should face discipline.

This is a huge game and fans want to see it, demand will be huge. If I couldn't go as an ST I would not be offering my seats to family or people who don't go to games and so on. This is wrong on every level.

I hope the club have a policy of checking ID's and if name doesn't match ticket, you don't get in.

I think it's terrible that you are buying 3 seats using your cards, when you are not going and not even selling to City fans. You are denying fans a chance of watching the game for your own personal gain. So yes I have a problem with that. It's immoral. 

24 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Two other ways tbh...

Price of a pint (or several- still cheaper than a ticket) down the pub.

OR, and I don't advocate it, but streaming is quite easy these days and a good range of well working streams.

Thats true, persobally would prefer people stream than give SKY money.

1 minute ago, palmerred said:

Personally think anyone buying tickets not for personal use should face discipline.

This is a huge game and fans want to see it, demand will be huge. If I couldn't go as an ST I would not be offering my seats to family or people who don't go to games and so on. This is wrong on every level.

I hope the club have a policy of checking ID's and if name doesn't match ticket, you don't get in.

I think it's terrible that you are buying 3 seats using your cards, when you are not going and not even selling to City fans. You are denying fans a chance of watching the game for your own personal gain. So yes I have a problem with that. It's immoral. 

You must be really popular with your family and friends.....!!

Club Announcement: Could all fans make a nice orderly line and have your passport ready for inspection....

Besides who said I wasn't going?

8 hours ago, SARJ said:

Day before or night of the Man United fixture. Complete sell out. People scrambling for tickets.

You're approached and offered a price for your ticket. What would you sell it for (realistically please)?

Would never sell a CITY ticket 

2 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

You must be really popular with your family and friends.....!!

Club Announcement: Could all fans make a nice orderly line and have your passport ready for inspection....

Besides who said I wasn't going?

You inferred you had 3 tickets and that you are selling to 2 Swindon fans and their son who supports Man Utd and it would cover kits for your kids, that there implies your intention. 

You inferred you had 3 tickets and that you are selling to 2 Swindon fans and their son who supports Man Utd and it would cover kits for your kids, that there implies your intention. 

Again I repeat... I'm not selling anything. I was putting correct a statement.

I will be going as I do every game. I have not said that the ticket would cover the cost of the kits. I am purchasing a ticket at face value and being paid for the face value of the ticket.

Have you never purchased a ticket on someone else's behalf?

4 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

Again I repeat... I'm not selling anything. I was putting correct a statement.

I will be going as I do every game. I have not said that the ticket would cover the cost of the kits. I am purchasing a ticket at face value and being paid for the face value of the ticket.

Have you never purchased a ticket on someone else's behalf?

I would not a ticket for a non fan regardless of the money offer.

You may be charging face value but you have already stated that they are paying you the money for kits for your kids.

I would not a ticket for a non fan regardless of the money offer.

You may be charging face value but you have already stated that they are paying you the money for kits for your kids.

I think you are incorrect.

So tell me what you think of the people who are suggesting that they would consider/sell tickets for £200 plus?

3 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

I think you are incorrect.

So tell me what you think of the people who are suggesting that they would consider/sell tickets for £200 plus?

I think it's disgusting and I hope the club introduce name ticket only to prevent this, it's easy to do as where I work implemented this on 25,000 people coming to watch Metallica not long ago and we prevented around 900 people with genuine tickets access as they were trying to gain entry without tickets in their own name, so it's perfectly possible to do.

I think it's disgusting and I hope the club introduce name ticket only to prevent this, it's easy to do as where I work implemented this on 25,000 people coming to watch Metallica not long ago and we prevented around 900 people with genuine tickets access as they were trying to gain entry without tickets in their own name, so it's perfectly possible to do.

I bet you felt really proud of yourself.....

2 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

I bet you felt really proud of yourself.....

No not at all, but when it clearly states on the tickets, that they are non transferable and Photo ID required for entry, those who have purchased tickets in a non official way have no to blame but themselves. 

We advised Viagogo that tickets sold on their site would be refused entry as we were implementing photo ID checks but they chose to ignore us and continued to sell on their website.

Just wow,  Man u mania rolls on wtf; how honoured are we to be playing their reserve team. We were playing them in the old 2nd div in my lifetime, obviously some kind of super team now though when some wouldn't take £200 for their ticket....madness i.m.o. 

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

No you cant

You can in fact see games on 24hr pass for £6.99 and weekly or monthly (£33.99 that's for 4 City games in Dec)  on; now tv; so cheapest way will cost anyone £6.99; or £10.99 for a weeks pass less than my petrol to Bristol and back alone.

Firstly, are Man U that much of a draw their fans (or ours?) shell out a few hundred quid to watch them?

Second, I shall be attending, but if I wasn’t I wouldn’t buy a ticket solely to sell on at ridiculous prices.  Would rather buy a ticket but leave my seat empty just to piss off any plastic Mancs that would potentially snap it up. Alternatively, pass on to a BCFC mate at face value

2 hours ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Sounds to me like you’ve sold them. And at more than their face value.

Shame.

A friend of a friend too?

I offered mine at face value to a fellow OTIBer.

Guess we’re just different.

God, I hope you are different to Mr Massive

2 hours ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

Swindon!? Jesus, I know Tetbury is crawling with Swindon fans, but amazed you'd sell to one of that lot before a fellow City fan

34 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Just wow,  Man u mania rolls on wtf; how honoured are we to be playing their reserve team. We were playing them in the old 2nd div in my lifetime, obviously some kind of super team now though when some wouldn't take £200 for their ticket....madness i.m.o. 

Tbh...

There's 2 differences. Maybe more but I think of 2 right now.

1) They are now a massive club. Perhaps the biggest in the world, definitely in top 3. Football was so different at that time, I don't see how it can be compared.

2) Reserves? Unless they put out real obscurities or the kids, it will be a team with internationals right through the side.

From first and second tier international sides- so as I say unless it's real obscure players, they will still be players from decent to strong international sides.

9 hours ago, AshtonPark said:

I've heard someone who has his season ticket, plus 2 kids as they were £50. His kids never go as he just wanted it for the shirts mainly, he is buying the two kids tickets and already has an offer from a man united fan for £250 each.

If you have an offer for £500 you would not dwell on it long enough to tell a mate who then taps the info into a keyboard. :facepalm::blink:

Archived