IGNORED

How Much Would You Sell For?

SARJ

4 hours ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

Technically.... I haven't 'sold' anything.....!

I may happen to have two spare season tickets that wont be used and a friend of a friend as suggested that he would like to attend the game to see United and in exchange for that evenings experience he is quite happy to sponsor a 'shopping spree' at the BCFC Store to an agreed figure to enable my two daughters to be fully kitted out in home and away kits for Christmas. not a bad exchange to see 4 happy smiley faces over the Christmas Period.  

So sorry you statement is incorrect.

Your friends must be desperate to watch Manure in a "Live" game.  So you are providing them with tickets at face value and accepting a gift from them of home and away full kits for two of your children. Cost of these? £200?

I know you won't give a toss about anyone else's opinions, but I would tell your friend to take his kids to a match at Old Trafford. It's only three hours up north and not on another planet. They would see the full first team and not their reserves, and have a great day out.

The other consideration is that while 99.9% of City fans won't like what you are doing, but wouldn't dream of any aggression at the stadium, there is always one lunatic who might be so angry to see away fans in the City fans seats, that they might lose control. Then your friend will have two kids who are so traumatised that they may never want to go to another live game.

I sincerely wish that nothing like this will happen, but if you read all the threads on here, it is clear that a significant majority of our posters, want all tickets in the three stands to be for Bristol City fans ONLY. 

2 hours ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

I agree with you but I am also talking about the real world.

Palmerred is the one getting all excited about buying tickets.... I can only presume that he isnt a ST holder.

I think @palmerred is getting excited about touts like you, selling tickets.

If that isn't bad enough, you are selling them to ManUre fans.  :ranting::redcard:

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Tbh...

There's 2 differences. Maybe more but I think of 2 right now.

1) They are now a massive club. Perhaps the biggest in the world, definitely in top 3. Football was so different at that time, I don't see how it can be compared.

2) Reserves? Unless they put out real obscurities or the kids, it will be a team with internationals right through the side.

From first and second tier international sides- so as I say unless it's real obscure players, they will still be players from decent to strong international sides.

They were certainly a 'massive' club in the 70's even at the time City played them in the 2nd division after they were temporarily relegated. They had a 48k average in L2. Ever since Munich and even more so after winning the European Cup with Best, Law, Charlton etc., like it or not they have been one of the world's biggest clubs.

There was a bigger attendance for that AG home win in div.2  than we can fit in now.

The match wasn't all ticket afaik. but there were plenty of Manchester fans in the home ends anyway and a really nasty prolonged brawl in the back corner of the EE when a large group deliberately made themselves known.

3 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

They were certainly a 'massive' club in the 70's even at the time City played them in the 2nd division after they were temporarily relegated. They had a 48k average in L2. Ever since Munich and even more so after winning the European Cup with Best, Law, Charlton etc., like it or not they have been one of the world's biggest clubs.

There was a bigger attendance for that AG home win in div.2  than we can fit in now.

The match wasn't all ticket afaik. but there were plenty of Manchester fans in the home ends anyway and a really nasty prolonged brawl in the back corner of the EE when a large group deliberately made themselves known.

Were they global in the same way though? I would suggest not as English football, let alone foreign football was not global in the same way was it?

Football was nowhere near as marketed, the whole shebang as now.

Don't get me wrong, they were a major club back then and their tradition does go back a long way. Bigger attendance? Yes I can well believe that. First was a big pull, second standing and third in 70s I believe big away followings were not so uncommon.

I can believe that also. Heard about Man Utd in 70s, amongst higher end of hooliganism I believe back then?

9 hours ago, Chivs said:

I think @palmerred is getting excited about touts like you, selling tickets.

If that isn't bad enough, you are selling them to ManUre fans.  :ranting::redcard:

So if you get a ticket for a friend are you..... selling it too him or buying it on his behalf?

Hes not a Man Utd fan... hes a Swindon Fan.

Again I don't see the problem, I have taken many mates to the gate to watch a game, I will be doing it again against Middlesbrough.

If the club are happy to sell hospitality to Leeds fans etc why is it different for fans?

1 hour ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

So if you get a ticket for a friend are you..... selling it too him or buying it on his behalf?

Hes not a Man Utd fan... hes a Swindon Fan.

Again I don't see the problem, I have taken many mates to the gate to watch a game, I will be doing it again against Middlesbrough.

If the club are happy to sell hospitality to Leeds fans etc why is it different for fans?

But those games are not sold out. There are long term Bristol City fans and Man Utd fans for that matter who won’t be able to go to this game and you’re selling a ticket to someone who doesn’t support either club and you wonder why people are getting upset?

13 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

If somone didnt have food on the table to feed their kids, what the **** are they doing going to football matches in the first place?

Judging by the comments of some superfans in this thread, kids going hungry so their fathers can support City would not surprise me

24 minutes ago, Red white and red said:

Some of the replies on this thread make us look awfully tin pot. It's embarrassing really. 

No more tin pot than the big clubs worldwide who's own fans flog tickets for extortionate rates.

A number of my Spanish mates are season ticket holders at Real. Constantly flogging their tickets for insane cash on big games.

As a young sports psychology student I unfortunately don't have a season ticket, and have to pick and choose games when finances dictate it makes me sad seeing people willing to make a quick buck so Manure fans can get in. I mean I'd be willing to pay a little above face value and all, but surely we should all be looking out for our own fans. Albeit money is the root of all evil...

4 hours ago, glos old boy said:

You said it was "exorbitant" I said it was below £7 where did "free" come into it?

And the subscription service is exorbitant, which is what I actually said, the £6.99 was a one off pass.

Free came into it in the post I quoted that said the game could be watched for free on TV.

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

And the subscription service is exorbitant, which is what I actually said, the £6.99 was a one off pass.

Free came into it in the post I quoted that said the game could be watched for free on TV.

Near enough free- down local pub, get a pint and watch it. £5 at maximum.

Streaming of course is free.

Well this morning I bit the bullet and booked Half Season VIP tickets and Man Utd VIP for £2490.

Can't actually attend a few games before end of season and already paid for VIP on Boxing Day (Which they are kindly refunding me) but didn't wanna miss this and have enough family and friends down south who would be happy for the seats when I can't go.

1 hour ago, palmerred said:

Well this morning I bit the bullet and booked Half Season VIP tickets and Man Utd VIP for £2490.

Can't actually attend a few games before end of season and already paid for VIP on Boxing Day (Which they are kindly refunding me) but didn't wanna miss this and have enough family and friends down south who would be happy for the seats when I can't go.

Well well well... you have certainly changed your tune... wasn't it you yesterday that stated that you would never give your ticket to anyone even if you couldn't go..... ?!? 

Funny that... I hope no rovers fan has ever punched that high horse that you have just fell off....!! 

1 hour ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

Well well well... you have certainly changed your tune... wasn't it you yesterday that stated that you would never give your ticket to anyone even if you couldn't go..... ?!? 

Funny that... I hope no rovers fan has ever punched that high horse that you have just fell off....!! 

Excuse me, you're selling tickets (you say at FV) to non Bristol City supporters because they are buying your daughters kits. These are tickets YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PURCHASE, ALSO PREVENTING FANS FROM GETTING TICKETS IN DOING SO, TO BENEFIT NON SUPPORTING FANS.

I however have purchased two seats for me and my brother (both season tickets for years until having to move) and on occasions I can't go, my dad or a mate will go, who are City supporters and I wouldn't charge them a penny. Very very different to you touting off tickets to Swindon fans so your kids get kitted out for Xmas !

21 hours ago, palmerred said:

Personally think anyone buying tickets not for personal use should face discipline.

This is a huge game and fans want to see it, demand will be huge. If I couldn't go as an ST I would not be offering my seats to family or people who don't go to games and so on. This is wrong on every level.

I hope the club have a policy of checking ID's and if name doesn't match ticket, you don't get in.

I think it's terrible that you are buying 3 seats using your cards, when you are not going and not even selling to City fans. You are denying fans a chance of watching the game for your own personal gain. So yes I have a problem with that. It's immoral. 

So is it wrong or right? Ask for a friend......

15 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

So is it wrong or right? Ask for a friend......

What you're doing is WRONG. If it was for a game on your season ticket, no issues with it, the seats are already paid for. This is a Cup game and you have to purchase the tickets. In doing so you are preventing people who support the club watching the game, to benefit yourself and your non club supporting friends.

5 minutes ago, palmerred said:

In my opionion what you're doing is WRONG. After contradicting myself and now I have my ticket and I would give it too family and friend to use, I can say If it was for a game on your season ticket, no issues with it, the seats are already paid for. This is a Cup game and you have to purchase the tickets. In doing so you are preventing people who support the club watching the game, to benefit yourself and your non club supporting friends.

Corrected that for you..... 

26 minutes ago, palmerred said:

In most people’s opinion what you're doing is WRONG. If it was for a game on your season ticket, no issues with it, the seats are already paid for. This is a Cup game and you have to purchase the tickets. In doing so you are preventing people who support the club watching the game, to benefit yourself and your non club supporting friends.

15 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

Corrected that for you..... 

Corrected that for you 

Archived