IGNORED

Manchester Novelties

KingLear

First of all fair play to the club for IMO getting the ticket arrangements spot on for this game. Coming from someone who is firmly in the priority 3 category :fingerscrossed:

What I wanted to talk about though is that I really hope we don't go down the cringey route of giving out clappers (see Huddersfield) selling half and half scarves and such like. At the most make it a red and white night.

Just don't want to come across as a little bit 'tinpot' on television. Just want the club to be portrayed as though we belong and deserve to be there against that calibre of opposition (which we all know we do).

What's others opinions on this? 

2 minutes ago, KingLear said:

First of all fair play to the club for IMO getting the ticket arrangements spot on for this game. Coming from someone who is firmly in the priority 3 category :fingerscrossed:

What I wanted to talk about though is that I really hope we don't go down the cringey route of giving out clappers (see Huddersfield) selling half and half scarves and such like. At the most make it a red and white night.

Just don't want to come across as a little bit 'tinpot' on television. Just want the club to be portrayed as though we belong and deserve to be there against that calibre of opposition (which we all know we do).

The first time the home fans launch into a rendition of "we support our local team", we have lost any hope of looking tinpot regardless of whether we distribute half'n'half scarves, flags, foam hands, inflatable robin-shitting-on-red-devil, etc.

There is bound to be all sorts of 'tat' being sold outside the ground,(not official club stuff)  there always is for these big games. I happily tell all the traders to stuff it and I hope others will do the same. I expect half and half scarves are being shipped from some sweat shop as we speak.

Against WHam we had free scarves. I wonder? But no not cardboard clappers, there maybe a change people might open them and hold them up and offend someone!:rofl2br:

I dont know the rules and regs on street trading but i think its going to be inevitable your going to find your south Bristol's version of Del Boy outside the ground somewhere trying to make a quick few quid selling the half and half scarves.. Not really much the club can do if that happens.

I don't think we will come across as tinpot on Tv, far from it. With the redeveloped stadium and facilities we now have i think we look quite the opposite and a club who are ready finally for the top flight :yes:

2 minutes ago, bris red said:

I dont know the rules and regs on street trading but i think its going to be inevitable your going to find your south Bristol's version of Del Boy outside the ground somewhere trying to make a quick few quid selling the half and half scarves.. Not really much the club can do if that happens.

I don't think we will come across as tinpot on Tv, far from it. With the redeveloped stadium and facilities we now have i think we look quite the opposite and a club who are ready finally for the top flight :yes:

In general and in the bigger picture yes, totally agree we shouldn't and wouldn't come across as tinpot.

But you can guarantee a cameraman will pick out a 'part-timer' festooned with a foam finger, clapper, half and half scarf and Man Utd wooly hat :blink:

1 minute ago, KingLear said:

In general and in the bigger picture yes, totally agree we shouldn't and wouldn't come across as tinpot.

But you can guarantee a cameraman will pick out a 'part-timer' festooned with a foam finger, clapper, half and half scarf and Man Utd wooly hat :blink:

You missed out the face paint and jester hat.

Some of our fans already seem overwhelmed that the circus is coming to town !!!!!

At least the vast majority of the nation will be willing us on the night

A chance to display that we are a serious club on the up , or tinpot and starstruck

Lets hope it’s the former

the single best thing  we could do (After lifting the roof off the stands ) is tear into them and send them home with one less set of fixtures to worry about

A real chance for positive coverage and attention 

:thumbsup:

11 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

What sort of ceremony would be needed for the PA man to have the temptation to play something at this time of night? Maybe if there was a bizarre love triangle of players celebrating their technique.

Let's just keep true faith in the team and I'm sure that we'll all have a fine time. 

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Some of our fans already seem overwhelmed that the circus is coming to town !!!!!

A chance to display that we are a serious club on the up , or tinpot and starstruck

Couldn't agree more. I was about to respond to the OP that the only thing making us look tinpot at the moment, is the amount of threads being created about this game, and the extreme wankfest that seems to being going on.

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

the single best thing  we could do (After lifting the roof off the stands ) is tear into them and send them home with one less set of fixtures to worry about

A real chance for positive coverage and attention 

I like this attitude Bob

Am finding it kind of infectious. 

48 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Couldn't agree more. I was about to respond to the OP that the only thing making us look tinpot at the moment, is the amount of threads being created about this game, and the extreme wankfest that seems to being going on.

I think back to Forest in  particular in 89

(Particularly the away leg)

Punching way above our weight at the time

Forestvat the time - A much better side than United will put out , in a proper competition that everyone took totally seriously 

None of the hype

We took a magnificent 9000 that night , roared them on , shocked Forests support and a few others around the country , and the players responded and were brilliant 

Thought it kicked us on to promotion the following season and was like Chester and Wembley significant steps / stages in our climb back

Lets make this the same rather than a w*** fest over some over hyped opposition

46 minutes ago, KingLear said:

Well said. Was just discussing with a friend earlier today just how far the club has come now, especially in the facilities we have and general match day experience. We are no longer the small League 1 outfit with a restaurant in the Williams stand. We are much bigger and more professional than that. Hopefully this is how we come across on the day of the game. 

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I think back to Forest in  particular in 89

(Particularly the away leg)

Punching way above our weight at the time

A much better side than United will put out , in a proper competition that everyone took totally seriously 

None of the hype

We took a magnificent 9000 that night , roared them on , shocked Forests support and a few others around the country , and the players responded and were brilliant 

Yep, the arrival of social media has certainly cranked the hysteria up a notch. Mind you I suppose for a few on here this will be the biggest game they've ever attended, Manchester in a cup quarter final.

Not quite the same excitement for those of us of a certain vintage.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

You can't blame the club for making as much money out of the Man Utd fixture as they can. No doubt it's a windfall.

That said I'm not willing to pay £37 to watch Man Utd reserves or even third team. No chance.

How about £37 to watch Bristol City..........

Archived