IGNORED

Manchester Novelties

KingLear

1 hour ago, KingLear said:

First of all fair play to the club for IMO getting the ticket arrangements spot on for this game. Coming from someone who is firmly in the priority 3 category :fingerscrossed:

What I wanted to talk about though is that I really hope we don't go down the cringey route of giving out clappers (see Huddersfield) selling half and half scarves and such like. At the most make it a red and white night.

Just don't want to come across as a little bit 'tinpot' on television. Just want the club to be portrayed as though we belong and deserve to be there against that calibre of opposition (which we all know we do).

What's others opinions on this? 

Anyone buying or selling these abominations should be put in the stocks. 

23 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Yep, the arrival of social media has certainly cranked the hysteria up a notch. Mind you I suppose for a few on here this will be the biggest game they've ever attended, Manchester in a cup quarter final.

Not quite the same excitement for those of us of a certain vintage.

Agree

Think I was more thrilled that we beat Cardiff , won at Ipswich etc in many ways - wish I could get all excited about it 

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Why not go because we're in a League Cup Quarter Final? We haven't had a cup run for 240/120.

Fully understandable for a whole le generation(s) of younger supporters mate - think us old gits forget how long ago Leeds , Forest and Liverpool were !!!! ( An age thing !!! ;):whistle:)

45 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Couldn't agree more. I was about to respond to the OP that the only thing making us look tinpot at the moment, is the amount of threads being created about this game, and the extreme wankfest that seems to being going on.

In all fairness, they are still creating threads about that Chelsea game.

38 minutes ago, SARJ said:

Well said. Was just discussing with a friend earlier today just how far the club has come now, especially in the facilities we have and general match day experience. We are no longer the small League 1 outfit with a restaurant in the Williams stand. We are much bigger and more professional than that. Hopefully this is how we come across on the day of the game. 

Im hoping a full review of the hospitality starts to appear in the national papers etc, it really is something to be proud of.

10 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Think I was more thrilled that we beat Cardiff , won at Ipswich etc in many ways - wish I could get all excited about it 

Fully understandable for a whole le generation(s) of younger supporters mate - think us old gits forget how long ago Leeds , Forest and Liverpool were !!!! ( An age thing !!!

We don't agree on mich Bob but on this I'm 100% with you.

I don’t want the club to make this like an ‘event’ instead of a football game in the QF’s. Two games away from the final, I would expect City and club will do everything to make it a hostile environment for United. That goes for the fans too!

It’s a massive opportunity imo.

17 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Agree

Fully understandable for a whole le generation(s) of younger supporters mate - think us old gits forget how long ago Leeds , Forest and Liverpool were !!!! ( An age thing !!! ;):whistle:)

Some on here remember when those three clubs were just average second division clubs from the provinces .

Personally , Forest were always a club who were on a par with us until Cloughie rolled up at Trent Bridge .

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yep. Please no clappers distributed by the club or any camp scarf 'twirling' that they tried to make a thing a couple of years ago.

Just leave the fans to it. Let S82 lead the way. Let us put out flags and surf the big Murray flag around the SS. Don't interfere.

Couldn’t agree more with this.

Keep it simple, keep it Bristol City FC.

None of this copyright scarves, clappers shit like Leicester and Palace.

4 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I just want 24,000 City fans singing their lungs out and giving David De Gea a bollocking as he takes his goal kicks. Give em a west country welcome.

It'll likely be Romero instead of De Gea. This was the XI against Swansea. You're point about giving him a bollocking is equally valid though.

DM675BrXUAEcl94.jpg

2 hours ago, RedM said:

There is bound to be all sorts of 'tat' being sold outside the ground,(not official club stuff)  there always is for these big games. I happily tell all the traders to stuff it and I hope others will do the same. I expect half and half scarves are being shipped from some sweat shop as we speak.

Against WHam we had free scarves. I wonder? But no not cardboard clappers, there maybe a change people might open them and hold them up and offend someone!:rofl2br:

or think youve got the clap:thumbsup:

18 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Never heard of them . 

Perhaps this will refresh your memory Major.

Manchester United - premier league football team from largest City in Lancashire once managed by Sralex Ferguson, who in addition to keeping Mrs Ferguson happy with his 12 inch portable, also patented Fergie time, this being the amount of time needed after 90 minutes had gone for his team to snatch a winner.

Under Fergie, Manchester United won every competition in the history of association football, which s everyone knows began in 1992. It is a well know fact that Fergie's career at Man U , and their subsequent success, is almost entirely due to a player who also played for Bristol City.

Had Ferguson not signed Ralph Milne, then it is very doubtful that he would have remained manager for long and the Red Devils  ( not to be confused with a well known brand of kitchen knives) would have gone on to achieve total domination of English and European football over the next 2 decades. as well as winning the Ashes and the Rugby World Cup.

Ferguson was knighted for services to British music as a result of him fixing up  David Beckham with  Posh Spice and getting David  to get her out of music and into the fashion industry, The fashion industry has since lobbied for Ferguson's knighthood to be removed because of the damage Mrs Beckham has since done to their industry.

:)

1 hour ago, The Horse With No Name said:

So if we get to Wembley in a proper Cup final for once, I take it you definitely won't be going as tickets will certainly exceed £37

It's not about the money, Horse.

If we get to Wembley that'll be a day out and I'll happily pay the ticket price.

53 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

It'll likely be Romero instead of De Gea. This was the XI against Swansea. You're point about giving him a bollocking is equally valid though.

DM675BrXUAEcl94.jpg

They should be very careful if they play that strength team against us. The bench is very strong of course, but I’d fancy us to be competitive in a game against that 11.

They definitely should not underestimate us - the occasion and sell our crowd should give our players an extra boost.

Archived