IGNORED

Man Utd FAQ

AdamB

1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

Not directly United related, but why are there so few seats available on the ticket site for half season tickets? The plan says there’s hundreds available, but when you get to the screen with the specific seats they are all grey. We can’t hsve completely sold out the entire south stand ?

Think you are confusing Seats Available (As in how many seats in that block) with actual seats free to buy (Used to confuse me)

Think you will find the SS has virtuallly sold out, mate rang them end of week and that's what they said

6 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Not directly United related, but why are there so few seats available on the ticket site for half season tickets? The plan says there’s hundreds available, but when you get to the screen with the specific seats they are all grey. We can’t hsve completely sold out the entire south stand ?

Is it where seats have been sold for say the Reading game and thus that seat can't be allocated as a season ticket seat?

• Admin
1 hour ago, AdamB said:

This is correct Ian. Although, I'd always advise season card holders to buy their own just guarantee their ticket. 

On the flip side, if it's a superstition and you can guarantee us a place in the semi-finals, feel free to wait.

We don't need superstition, our team is already playing well enough to beat the hotchpotch XI José will likely field against us. I want the other Manchester club in the semis, they couldn't even score against Wolves :laughcont:

1 hour ago, View from the Dolman said:

Is it where seats have been sold for say the Reading game and thus that seat can't be allocated as a season ticket seat?

Yea I wondered that actually

had to buy a seat right at the front but will ring the ticket office Monday and see if there’s any option to change

2 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

There were lots available but have surprisingly been bought. Think half season tickets have been popular both due to form, manu and also is cheapest way to watch..most seats are in Dolman or west stand wings

Reckon they may have sold a 1000 based on availability 

7 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Just for clarity is there to be a seperate thread  when the IT system crashes at 10.00 am tomorrow or do we complain on here.

It never ceases to amaze me that we have a week to order on line tickets people have to do it in the firsr 10 minutes

At least you don’t have to phone up to get some of your season cards as they’re disability ones, only to have to sit in a queue of people phoning to try and buy the non disabled ones they can get online instead ;) 

17 hours ago, AdamB said:

No, it needs to be registered on our system. You can check how many home games you have on your record via the instructions on the FAQ. 

Shame, so someone who has watched 7 home games but paid cash on day for all and gets a members would only slot into priority 4. Doesnt sound fair but thats the beauty of technology eh ?

20 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Shame, so someone who has watched 7 home games but paid cash on day for all and gets a members would only slot into priority 4. Doesnt sound fair but thats the beauty of technology eh ?

Thats the point of a membership scheme at the start of the season. Why pay full price POTD for several home games when the membership would save you money and get priority for cup games?

1 hour ago, OldlandReddies said:

Might be wrong, but I thought the membership (when advertised at the start of the season) listed discounts and priority as part of the twenty quid dead.

If someone has been to 7 game already then the membership would have already paid for itself, and they would be in a priority category.

41 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Might be wrong, but I thought the membership (when advertised at the start of the season) listed discounts and priority as part of the twenty quid dead.

If someone has been to 7 game already then the membership would have already paid for itself, and they would be in a priority category.

You're right, it's a great scheme to be fair.

5 hours ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Just for clarity is there to be a seperate thread  when the IT system crashes at 10.00 am tomorrow or do we complain on here.

It never ceases to amaze me that we have a week to order on line tickets people have to do it in the firsr 10 minutes

and wouldn't it be nice for us technophobes to just go to the ticket office and buy a ticket at our own leisure instead of being on the phone for half an hour or worse still interweb.........and thanks adam for answering my question....not

3 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

If you've been to seven home games already then you're already approaching a season ticket level of spend, and certainly will have ended up spending considerably more than a season ticket by the end of the season if you continue watching games at your current rate.

With a membership you would already have saved money and had the priority you wanted. That fact has been well advertised so you have no reason to blame the club.

5 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

You still have the opportunity to log your purchase against your Supporter ID if you pay on the day at the ticket office (unless you turn up at 3pm and rush to get in the stadium). 

As others have said, you get £5 off per game with a membership, so by attending seven games it would have been paid by now and some.

Did you check how many games are logged against your Supporter ID?

Adam

3 hours ago, archie andrews said:

and wouldn't it be nice for us technophobes to just go to the ticket office and buy a ticket at our own leisure instead of being on the phone for half an hour or worse still interweb.........and thanks adam for answering my question....not

Sorry I missed your original question. This thread has three pages, while the other one has over 10 pages. 

As has been stated before, it’s more commercially viable to run sales online and by phone. 

I remember the days of sales in person, with queues running around the Williams Stand and around the Winterstoke car park. 

Surely it’s easier to go online at your convenience any time this coming week (24/7) and pay for your reserved seat than standing in a bloody gurt queue* for hours on end - when most have to be at work? I remember the complaints we used to have (“when are we going to get an online site that means we don’t have to queue for hours on end?”) from those queuing. 

Adam 

* ©️ The Wurzels

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If you've been to seven home games already then you're already approaching a season ticket level of spend, and certainly will have ended up spending considerably more than a season ticket by the end of the season if you continue watching games at your current rate.

With a membership you would already have saved money and had the priority you wanted. That fact has been well advertised so you have no reason to blame the club.

Cheers.

49 minutes ago, AdamB said:

You still have the opportunity to log your purchase against your Supporter ID if you pay on the day at the ticket office (unless you turn up at 3pm and rush to get in the stadium). 

As others have said, you get £5 off per game with a membership, so by attending seven games it would have been paid by now and some.

Did you check how many games are logged against your Supporter ID?

Adam

Im a season ticket holder, just asking for a mate whos been down to a few games and paid cash but has just got a membership. Thanks for your replies, hes now purchased a Preston ticket online so should be ok to get a seat for Man Utd game and use membership to get season ticket for Prem next year !

1 hour ago, AdamB said:

Sorry I missed your original question. This thread has three pages, while the other one has over 10 pages. 

As has been stated before, it’s more commercially viable to run sales online and by phone. 

I remember the days of sales in person, with queues running around the Williams Stand and around the Winterstoke car park. 

Surely it’s easier to go online at your convenience any time this coming week (24/7) and pay for your reserved seat than standing in a bloody gurt queue* for hours on end - when most have to be at work? I remember the complaints we used to have (“when are we going to get an online site that means we don’t have to queue for hours on end?”) from those queuing. 

Adam 

* ©️ The Wurzels

Adam, just to pick you up on the point about people being at work.

With this in mind, why is it that online sales always begin at 10am? No so much a criticism, just a genuine question. Clearly that's not going to be a convenient time for the majority.

Obviously this rarely matters but for a game such as this where there will inevitably be a big rush - particularly as we get further down priority groups - is there any reason why tickets couldn't go on sale at, say, 7pm? This would seemed fairer on the majority who work during the day.

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Adam, just to pick you up on the point about people being at work.

With this in mind, why is it that online sales always begin at 10am? No so much a criticism, just a genuine question. Clearly that's not going to be a convenient time for the majority.

Obviously this rarely matters but for a game such as this where there will inevitably be a big rush - particularly as we get further down priority groups - is there any reason why tickets couldn't go on sale at, say, 7pm? This would seemed fairer on the majority who work during the day.

It's done so staff can get in at 9, check the system is all ok and gives them a little breathing space should something be an issue. 

If we put tickets on sale at 7pm, there would be no staff in our office and you'd be on out-of-hours staff for our suppliers, should anything go wrong. Would take a lot longer to get things sorted.

If you look at a lot of ticket sites, many go for 9am, 10am or 11am on-sale times.

As you say, it shouldn't be an issue for season card holders, who have all week to secure their seat and have the benefit of 24/7 purchasing online. 

Regards

Adam

Thanks for all the answers so far @AdamB, just got one more for you: my brother and I both have STs in the singing section of the South Stand. Since it's unreserved our seats are technically a few rows apart but of course that doesn't matter for league games. However for the Man Utd game we will have to sit / stand separately in those allocated seats if we wish to purchase in priority 1 period?

2 minutes ago, Forever Red 94 said:

@AdamB payed for man utd tickets online, money has been taken from my bank but Im getting this message. It wont let me do anything else?

Screenshot_2017-11-13-10-51-55.png

Send me your name and Supporter ID privately and I'll check whether it has been processed.

Adam

9 minutes ago, RT's Vaseline Tub said:

When I got to the front of the queue my ST seat was n/a so bought 1 free seat in W12 Lansdown @ 10:44.

Thereafter my seat was available on the online system so the question is why wasn’t all this ready for 10am?

Typical City...

Your seat will have been in your 'reserved tickets' rather than through navigating to your block and manually selecting it.

As you selected an alternative seat, it looks like the system then freed up your seat on the stadium seating plan.

1 minute ago, View from the Dolman said:

Your seat will have been in your 'reserved tickets' rather than through navigating to your block and manually selecting it.

As you selected an alternative seat, it looks like the system then freed up your seat on the stadium seating plan.

So in fact the system is incredibly efficient? Typical City... :clapping:

• Admin
15 minutes ago, RT's Vaseline Tub said:

When I got to the front of the queue my ST seat was n/a so bought 1 free seat in W12 Lansdown @ 10:44.

Thereafter my seat was available on the online system so the question is why wasn’t all this ready for 10am?

Typical City...

@RT's Vaseline Tub did you click on the bit circled below or click on "Add" 

image.png

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Am intrigued what this is about?

Popped up after I completed my payment - when I clicked on "Continue" my work laptop blocked me from viewing the next page????

image.png

It's "Complete Savings": https://www.bristol-sport.co.uk/complete-savings-faqs/

I'd say it's a little bit too spammy for my liking tbh.

@AdamB

I see you advised that you can upgrade a concession for an adult ticket:

Can I upgrade my child's concession ticket for an adult ticket?

Yes. You would pay the adult rate for that seat.

When trying to do this, I can edit the ticket category of the concession to an adult, but when I then add to basket, they have defaulted back to the concession rate.

Can you advise how to proceed please?

Archived