IGNORED

How Many Bristolians Have Played For Manchester?

The Original OTIB

1 hour ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

I can think of a few local 'uns who have played for Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea. I can even think of Peter Spiring who left to join Liverpool. Didn't Ralph Milne leave City to arrive at Man U 

Ralph Milne was Bristolian? Well I never knew that!

11 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

Intrigued. Less of the tit bits spill the beans. Liverpool mascot?

Ha ha.  Me and Joe did the Stadium Tour a few year back (cough, spit).  There’s a bit where you go into the tunnel, they put the music on and you split into two lines, and walk out onto the pitch like the real players do on match days.  Of course, all of the people on the tour are Man U fans, except me.  The guy doing the tour made a fuss of Joe and asked him to lead out the home "team", and when he asked me to stand behind Joe, I confessed to being a Liverpool fan, so I headed up the queue of the away ‘team"....all 3 of us versus 20 of "them"!

FC2BB23E-6EFC-4F58-B698-FABB1419BC20.jpeg

F5D0DCB6-A7A2-4C38-AFFB-CF953D1165F1.jpeg

3F6EA512-6783-4257-A77E-19DF22ABA144.jpeg

6 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Just a little bit, and his son, Mark, is Bristol Rugby's leading try scorer!

Never knew it was his son....always assumed he was a relative, but not his son.  Surely Alan Morley is their leading scorer....479.....was / is a world record.

51 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Never knew it was his son....always assumed he was a relative, but not his son.  Surely Alan Morley is their leading scorer....479.....was / is a world record.

As @cheshire_red  has pointed out correctly, a slip of the tongue/finger :whistle: made me write 'try' instead of 'points'.

I shall endeavour to edit my earlier post to avoid further 'corrections' of my mistake.

Nope. Too late to edit, so please accept my apologies for my misleading post. 

Trevor Tainton went to the same school ad me.  I know I've sold petrol too him and Gerry Gow too (and Richard Cottrell if anyone can remember him on HTV).

I do believe that Trevor had a brother called Tony who was a decent egg chaser.

Trevor was the only member of the promotion team that I didn't think would make it in the top flight.  He did make it and exceeded my expectations considerably.

3 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Who were the last two players to score league hat-tricks at Old Trafford?

Last was Denis Bailey of QPR in early 1980's. He had previously been on loan at the unmentionables.

Kevin Mabbutt in 1978-9 for City. I was there!

I don't think this is true, I think remember watching Dirk Kuyt score a hat-trick there (1-4), and could be wrong but didn't Lukaku score a hat-trick there when he was at West Brom?

Apologies if I've misunderstood the context..

Archived