IGNORED

Steve Allen interview - injuries

BCFC101

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/video-injury-update-with-steve-allen/

Very insightful interview about our current state of injuries, where another name has been added to the list of long term - Ivan Lucic. 

Main takeaways from this is that O'Neil is out for another 8-12 weeks, Hegeler 10 weeks, Diedhiou 8-10 weeks, Pisano 3-4 months, Lucic having surgery Friday morning.

Just watched this, actually I was just about to start a thread and advise everyone to watch this interview. Very interesting, one of the best interviews I've seen come out from the club. Well done @AdamB, please pass on praise to Steve Allen and can we have more like this in future, hopefully with better news!

Very interesting. Jesz. we've had some bad luck. Need to give the team some of Flinty's spinach methinks.

At last we seem to be building a decent team off as well as on the pitch. Seems a conscientious, knowledgable and likeable chap. 

6 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Very interesting. Jesz. we've had some bad luck. Need to give the team some of Flinty's spinach methinks.

At last we seem to be building a decent team off as well as on the pitch. Seems a conscientious, knowledgable and likeable chap. 

Isn't he just. Looks like we nearly lost him tonWatford recently too. So many staff needed to keep a football team going, but it really is nice to get to know the back room staff a little better.

Loved that,  something about him reminds me of Mickey Flanagan :) . I liked the props, they clarified a lot of things. It's amazing really when you see the kinds of things that can go wrong that players are ever fit, Hegeler is an odd one, even he has no idea what caused it apparently.

Wasn't long ago, that many fans were complaining that the Club weren't making an effort to put out interesting behind the scenes info.

Well credit, where credit is due. The Club have listened and I think the media team are doing a great job.

Really enjoyed that interview.

Well done the Club.

• Admin

Absolutely loved that he brought props along. He seems like a guy who really enjoys the work he does and the difference he makes. As long as they're also good at what they do, having a likeable person in charge of your rehabilitation can make a massive difference during a real low point.

1 hour ago, BCFC101 said:

Very insightful interview about our current state of injuries, where another name has been added to the list of long term - Ivan Lucic. 

Main takeaways from this is that O'Neil is out for another 8-12 weeks, Hegeler 10 weeks, Diedhiou 8-10 weeks, Pisano 3-4 months, Lucic having surgery Friday morning.

Think Lucic’s is only a few weeks.  Buckle Handle "retract" (or trim to the layman) is a quicker recovery, 3-5 weeks, for a pro.  I’ve had 3 (2 on left, 1 on Right).  The one on right I was playing in 4 weeks, the 2 on left, were 6-7....but I obviously didn’t get pro rehab.

Interesting to hear about stitching the meniscus / cartilage.  I no longer have any cartilage in my left knee from the 2 trims and then wear and tear....bone on bone is what Mr Jonathan Webb told me...and then asked if I could wait 20 years for a replacement!

Steve "Wiggy" Allen is a top bloke....he’s the man who came up with the idea for making CHSW (Charlton Farm) the club’s charity....had a great chat with him last Xmas about it.  Very down to earth.  Think he said he came with Cotts, it had been with Cotts at previous clubs.

So we have a few crocks. We always have a few at this stage of a season and so do everyone else.

Just glad it's not Joey, Josh, Aden, Bailey or Callum.

You have to have a squad to cope with these things and in the main we do.  Maybe a signing and/or a couple of loanees in Jan will alieviate these.

Wish them all a speedy recovery and return to the squad.

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Think Lucic’s is only a few weeks.  Buckle Handle "retract" (or trim to the layman) is a quicker recovery, 3-5 weeks, for a pro.  I’ve had 3 (2 on left, 1 on Right).  The one on right I was playing in 4 weeks, the 2 on left, were 6-7....but I obviously didn’t get pro rehab.

Interesting to hear about stitching the meniscus / cartilage.  I no longer have any cartilage in my left knee from the 2 trims and then wear and tear....bone on bone is what Mr Jonathan Webb told me...and then asked if I could wait 20 years for a replacement!

Steve "Wiggy" Allen is a top bloke....he’s the man who came up with the idea for making CHSW (Charlton Farm) the club’s charity....had a great chat with him last Xmas about it.  Very down to earth.  Think he said he came with Cotts, it had been with Cotts at previous clubs.

The guy from CHSW who chatted with GT on the radio the other day said it was Steve Allen and Frankie Fielding who started the involvement

Frankie regularly posts about CHSW on social media and it is clearly close to his heart

Well done SA / FF and all the players for their support

Tbf he also said Rovers were also very good / supportive

So well done to our Bristol Footballers 

:clap:

12 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Loved that,  something about him reminds me of Mickey Flanagan :) . I liked the props, they clarified a lot of things. It's amazing really when you see the kinds of things that can go wrong that players are ever fit, Hegeler is an odd one, even he has no idea what caused it apparently.

Me too.... I spent much of the interview wondering if we were going to be told if Pisano was out or out out!!

Very interesting interview though and shows just how unlucky we have been and underlines just how well we've done in the circumstances.

13 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Me too.... I spent much of the interview wondering if we were going to be told if Pisano was out or out out!!

Very interesting interview though and shows just how unlucky we have been and underlines just how well we've done in the circumstances.

Oh well done. :) 

8 hours ago, Red34 said:

Very interesting, and yes an injury list like that makes you glad we've got such a deep and quality squad

This is it exactly. Our squad is of a decent enough size and full of quality. Plus we have players that can play in a variety of positions such as JB and KS 

As someone said above other clubs are having issues with injury but we so far have been in a position to play throughs it. 

Hopefully our boys will come back from international duty fit and Pato Taylor and Djuric make the most of the rest. 

19 hours ago, BCFC101 said:

Your title made me think of Dave Allen there for a moment; was watching some of his shows recently.. Still very funny 40 years on.. Not a smoker but seeing him smoking with his flared tie made me think... Damn fine days they were.

P.s. Apologies for going off topic. Thanks for the injury reminders OP... Bit of grim reading and reality check. Hope the club can find sufficient cover.

20 hours ago, pride of the west said:

First things first. Do one Watford!

Secondly, Pisano's injury sounds horrendous. 

Also it sounds as though the club really look after the players and there's no expense spared by seeing the top doctors and treatment centres in their respective field. 

Yep. I've had essentially exactly the same injury as Eros but to my arm rather than my leg . Bicep was sat on top of my shoulder and yes, it's horrendous ! 

12 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

The guy from CHSW who chatted with GT on the radio the other day said it was Steve Allen and Frankie Fielding who started the involvement

Frankie regularly posts about CHSW on social media and it is clearly close to his heart

Well done SA / FF and all the players for their support

Tbf he also said Rovers were also very good / supportive

So well done to our Bristol Footballers 

:clap:

Thanks for correcting me Bob.

With all respect to the legend of Les Bardsley, it’s incredible how the whole the role of the physio has moved on and evolved from the image of the bucket and sponge.

But then again, I haven’t been Steve Allen run out in his tee shirt in the middle of winter, so he can’t be a real physio :devil:

PS where's the tongue in cheek emoticon?

On 09/11/2017 at 06:50, BCFC101 said:

With so much talk about players that might come & go we certainly need to keep guys like Steve, the unsung heros in the back rooms that have all contributed to get us where we are now. 

He & his team have there work cut out now with the growing list of injuries, thank god we have good depth at last,  otherwise it might have been "All Over (dare I say it) Rover".  :fingerscrossed:  :clap:

Archived