IGNORED

Steve Allen interview - injuries

BCFC101

5 hours ago, zippycar said:

With all respect to the legend of Les Bardsley, it’s incredible how the whole the role of the physio has moved on and evolved from the image of the bucket and sponge.

But then again, I haven’t been Steve Allen run out in his tee shirt in the middle of winter, so he can’t be a real physio :devil:

PS where's the tongue in cheek emoticon?

G'day zippycar try this emoticon :shutup:

On 09/11/2017 at 00:55, wendyredredrobin said:

So we have a few crocks. We always have a few at this stage of a season and so do everyone else.

Just glad it's not Joey, Josh, Aden, Bailey or Callum.

You have to have a squad to cope with these things and in the main we do.  Maybe a signing and/or a couple of loanees in Jan will alieviate these.

Wish them all a speedy recovery and return to the squad.

To be honest the only one which weakens the squad is Diedhiou. We don't have another pacy powerful front man like him. Djuric is a different type. Pisano yes is a blow but actually our form improved when Bailey came in at right back. Just a shame he was given that ridiculous suspension.  Hegeler, Lucic and GON not really influenced much in their time here though we could do with extra cover in midfield. To survive with Smith Brownhill and Pack to Jan is going to be tough and we saw how thin we are with Woodrow playing centre mid v Cardiff. We must focus our efforts on bolstering the midfield and striker position in January. If we lose Djuric again with Diedhiou out we are short on options. 

3 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

To be honest the only one which weakens the squad is Diedhiou. We don't have another pacy powerful front man like him. Djuric is a different type. Pisano yes is a blow but actually our form improved when Bailey came in at right back. Just a shame he was given that ridiculous suspension.  Hegeler, Lucic and GON not really influenced much in their time here though we could do with extra cover in midfield. To survive with Smith Brownhill and Pack to Jan is going to be tough and we saw how thin we are with Woodrow playing centre mid v Cardiff. We must focus our efforts on bolstering the midfield and striker position in January. If we lose Djuric again with Diedhiou out we are short on options. 

they all weaken the squad when not fit, each player offers something a bit different 

On 08/11/2017 at 22:56, Ian M said:

Absolutely loved that he brought props along. He seems like a guy who really enjoys the work he does and the difference he makes. As long as they're also good at what they do, having a likeable person in charge of your rehabilitation can make a massive difference during a real low point.

I believe that was Lee Matthew's leg that he used . 

4 hours ago, Monkeh said:

they all weaken the squad when not fit, each player offers something a bit different 

Yes, but I think Bailey Wrights suspension has impacted on the squad more than these three put together. Yes we haven't got the option to chose them but that said they have each played so little that their absence hasn't got that significance that Bailey's has

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

Yes, but I think Bailey Wrights suspension has impacted on the squad more than these three put together. Yes we haven't got the option to chose them but that said they have each played so little that their absence hasn't got that significance that Bailey's has

i disagree RedM I think Bailys absence galvanized the squad, it made them work that little bit harder against Cardiff because of the injustice of his suspension, which ties into the team spirit we have flowing at the moment, (that reminds me of out title winning squad) 

8 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

i disagree RedM I think Bailys absence galvanized the squad, it made them work that little bit harder against Cardiff because of the injustice of his suspension, which ties into the team spirit we have flowing at the moment, (that reminds me of out title winning squad) 

Yes I agree that certainly did happen. But I do still think that he potentially is more of a loss than the three players mentioned, they haven't played much first team football and you can't miss what you haven't had. It does put more strain on the other players though as they can't easily be rested themselves if their replacements are crocked.

Great bloke, very clear in his explanations and loves his job. Showed his impressive knowledge without getting too technical and he obviously really cares about our players. Touching to see that he feels it's partly his responsibility when they get injured and equally shares in their joy when they recover and play well.

Very reassuring to know that he is with us and rates our Club.

5 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Also I doubt we would have factored Bailey in for the Wednesday game given the travelling he`s doing so it was only really one match - which of course, we won anyway. As you say, the team spirit is now very reminiscent of the title winning one and I`m sure they would have been angry as **** over the injustice which can only be a good thing IMO.

Archived