IGNORED

International Recognition of a Kind

Port Said Red

I am up in a hotel in Sheffield tonight and my room service was delievered by a young French lad. As I was signing for the food, he looked at the badge on my CIty sweatshirt and said. "Ah Bristol City, you are having a very good season, no?"  :) 

I thanked him and said I was impressed by his knowledge and he said he had been following our fortunes since we signed JK and then Famara, which just goes to show one way to extend a fanbase. 

14 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I am up in a hotel in Sheffield tonight and my room service was delievered by a young French lad. As I was signing for the food, he looked at the badge on my CIty sweatshirt and said. "Ah Bristol City, you are having a very good season, no?"  :) 

I thanked him and said I was impressed by his knowledge and he said he had been following our fortunes since we signed JK and then Famara, which just goes to show one way to extend a fanbase. 

La plume de ma tante.

Entente cordiale.

34 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Well that's it then.

Due to the instant recognition from a young French lad, we are now OFFICIALLY the biggest team in the world.

5 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Hmm.... did your wife believe that that’s why a young French lad was leaving your hotel room..?!

8 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Did you slip him a tip? ;)

I'd imagine the game against that little club in December might help with this too, as everyone will be Googling us after we beat them / give them a fright *

* Yes I wanted to be really cocky but then my fan superstitions about jinxing it kicked in! 

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Hmm.... did your wife believe that that’s why a young French lad was leaving your hotel room..?!

1 hour ago, East End Old Boy said:

Did you slip him a tip? ;)

It's was our 31st wedding anniversary yesterday, she would be somewhat surprised if that was how I chose to celebrate it. :) , even if it was a young French lady to be honest  

10 hours ago, downendcity said:

La plume de ma tante.

Thanks for using this expression. The number of times I've used it in conversation only to then have to explain it! I'm old enough to say that I was actually taught this expression in a French class at Primary school!

Interestingly enough, the French primary school kids were taught to say, " My uncle's button" (Le bouton de mon oncle). 

3 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

Thanks for using this expression. The number of times I've used it in conversation only to then have to explain it! I'm old enough to say that I was actually taught this expression in a French class at Primary school!

Interestingly enough, the French primary school kids were taught to say, " My uncle's button" (Le bouton de mon oncle). 

Should that be, "my uncle is not well endowed"?

14 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

There are City missionaries here in France .

6 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

This has gone right off topic and the OTIB community have lowered themselves once again to cheap sexual inuendo.

This is exactly why I have never shared the story of the hairy Italian male prostitute and the Bristol City tattoo on my arse.

The busty 20 year old Polish girl, wearing a fishnet body stocking & thigh high boots, seen leaving my house late last night had only popped over to chat about Dzeikanowski’s performance in the Cup match at Leicester. 

When checking out of an apartment in Barcelona in September a Danish guy working there asked me where I was flying back to and I said Bristol. He knew about City and the Gas, and brilliantly said 'but your the bigger team with the nice ground no?'. he even commented on the tough 'spell' we'd had the season before. He knew a few of our players, and also commented on the fact that a city the size of Bristol was due a 'Prem' team. Funnily enough he'd never been to England, and when I asked why he knew what he did he simply said he was football obsessed!

Made me smile, anyways

Archived