IGNORED

Jobsworth much...?!

glynriley

8 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

What makes them a big club?

Ditto. I haven’t seen them do anything remotely ‘big’ in my lifetime.

One FA cup trophy and were in the top flight nearly 20 years ago. Don’t get me wrong, that’s an achievement by our standards but Coventry for some reason never give me the impression of a ‘big’ club.

8 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

Is this entitlement culture at work?

You buy a ticket, you are allocated a seat. What am I missing?

Common sense?

No point antagonising a situation where there is simply no need. That those fans are there at all, they should be applauded by their club, not given grief for not sitting in the correct seat when there are 31,000 empty ones around them.

17 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

33 consecutive seasons in the top division until quite recently?

That doesn't make you a big club imo - a big club is a club like City; Chelsea; United; Arsenal... If you went to Holland or Germany and asked them what league Coventry played in they wouldn't have a clue. Are Burnley on their way to becoming a big side? (Please also see response to Lew below) 

27 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Ditto. I haven’t seen them do anything remotely ‘big’ in my lifetime.

One FA cup trophy and were in the top flight nearly 20 years ago. Don’t get me wrong, that’s an achievement by our standards but Coventry for some reason never give me the impression of a ‘big’ club.

Quite. Coventry City have not finished in the top SIX of any division since 69-70. Not once. They won an FA Cup, that's it. That doesn't make you a big side.

If we made it to the BPL and stayed there for 30 years finishing 10th-16th every season, we wouldn't be a 'big' club. 

20 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Common sense?

No point antagonising a situation where there is simply no need. That those fans are there at all, they should be applauded by their club, not given grief for not sitting in the correct seat when there are 31,000 empty ones around them.

Wouldn't surprise me if those stewards are 'qualified' but have no football experience or understanding.

Making them sit in allocated seats in a match in a competition nobody gives a shit about, at a club in crisis is pure bullshit. In a ground too that's what, 4% full?

1 hour ago, havanatopia said:

Probably the futility of it all given their plight.

1 hour ago, glynriley said:

Common sense?

Futility and common sense?

These stewards are mere pawns and will not be allowed to exercise any level of common sense. It is futile to blame them for their inability to exercise any common sense. Stewarding is a thankless task and if they started staying 'I'm not taking this', fans would have something to be pissed off about: No stewards, no fans allowed in the ground to watch the match.

Like many of the mismanaged clubs, fans sometimes forget who the guilty party is and start on the wrong people.

3 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

Futility and common sense?

These stewards are mere pawns and will not be allowed to exercise any level of common sense. It is futile to blame them for their inability to exercise any common sense. Stewarding is a thankless task and if they started staying 'I'm not taking this', fans would have something to be pissed off about: No stewards, no fans allowed in the ground to watch the match.

Like many of the mismanaged clubs, fans sometimes forget who the guilty party is and start on the wrong people.

Correct.

It will be the safety officer- their version of Mr Storr- from a nice comfy control room seat doubtless ordering them to do so.

1 hour ago, EmersonsRed said:

That doesn't make you a big club imo - a big club is a club like City; Chelsea; United; Arsenal... If you went to Holland or Germany and asked them what league Coventry played in they wouldn't have a clue. Are Burnley on their way to becoming a big side? (Please also see response to Lew below) 

Quite. Coventry City have not finished in the top SIX of any division since 69-70. Not once. They won an FA Cup, that's it. That doesn't make you a big side.

If we made it to the BPL and stayed there for 30 years finishing 10th-16th every season, we wouldn't be a 'big' club. 

Coventry are a decent sized club, good pedigree and 30 years in the top flight is a damn good achievement.. bit disrespectful to them to be honest.

2 hours ago, bris red said:

Coventry are a decent sized club, good pedigree and 30 years in the top flight is a damn good achievement.. bit disrespectful to them to be honest.

Exactly. It’s a bizarre argument to say they haven’t been in the top six of any league for X years.

By that argument, they’d have been more respected by getting relegated during that 33 years and coming fifth in the second tier for a few years!!

14 hours ago, Leveller said:

Exactly. It’s a bizarre argument to say they haven’t been in the top six of any league for X years.

By that argument, they’d have been more respected by getting relegated during that 33 years and coming fifth in the second tier for a few years!!

On the other hand not having a promotion season since the sixties must be a little dull for the fans.

15 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Coventry are a decent sized club, but never could you class as a big club tbh.

It probaby depends on your age and how you define big . Now, I would agree, but as a permanent fixture in the top flight between 1967 and 2000 they were certainly an established top flight club, even if they weren’t title challengers. Comparable with, say, Everton or Leicester perhaps.

Archived