IGNORED

Jobsworth much...?!

glynriley

47 minutes ago, Leveller said:

It probaby depends on your age and how you define big . Now, I would agree, but as a permanent fixture in the top flight between 1967 and 2000 they were certainly an established top flight club, even if they weren’t title challengers. Comparable with, say, Everton or Leicester perhaps.

I`d have said Everton were regarded as bigger as were the likes of Newcastle, Sunderland Leeds, West Ham, Villa etc. back then. Coventry were more at the level of Saints, WBA, Boro, QPR and such IMO.

2 hours ago, Southstandoriginal said:

On the other hand not having a promotion season since the sixties must be a little dull for the fans.

I've read somewhere that Coventry fans have witnessed more defeats than any other side in the last 40 years.

Given their lack of success and high rate of finishing in the bottom half of their division, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

40 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I've read somewhere that Coventry fans have witnessed more defeats than any other side in the last 40 years.

Given their lack of success and high rate of finishing in the bottom half of their division, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

@ anybody who thinks they are a big club. Odd. Bit like saying Bradford are

4 hours ago, EmersonsRed said:

Yes. Decent sized. They're not a big club. 

It all depends on your definition of big! We could go on for weeks. Recent success? Record since 1889?  Financial standing? Size of support  - now or in the past? 

There are probably six clubs you’d list right now on a combination of those - the two Manchester clubs, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal.

Everton don’t really fit the bill currently, but they top the list for years in the top flight. But if you use that,  Villa are second and Bolton twelfth (with Coventry 28th and Bristol City 47th). Are Villa still a big club? Are Bolton?

If big clubs are the top thirty, then Coventry could claim to be. If they’re the top ten, they’re not.

On 11/9/2017 at 18:54, bcfcfinker said:

Futility and common sense?

These stewards are mere pawns and will not be allowed to exercise any level of common sense. It is futile to blame them for their inability to exercise any common sense. Stewarding is a thankless task and if they started staying 'I'm not taking this', fans would have something to be pissed off about: No stewards, no fans allowed in the ground to watch the match.

Like many of the mismanaged clubs, fans sometimes forget who the guilty party is and start on the wrong people.

Aah yes the good old "I was only following orders" excuse.

Looking at the video and all those empty seats surrounding a few fans causing no problem or harm to anybody, that is a bit lame to say the least.

1 hour ago, NickJ said:

Aah yes the good old "I was only following orders" excuse.

Looking at the video and all those empty seats surrounding a few fans causing no problem or harm to anybody, that is a bit lame to say the least.

If you get paid to do a job, you do as your instructed (if it's an illegal instruction, you do get a choice). Generally the only time you don't follow the instructions given to you from a higher authority is when you no longer want that job - in which case you tell your boss to shove it where the sun doesn't shine. The instructions given to these stewards were not illegal.

The jobsworth is the person telling these stewards to move fans, at least direct the blame to the right place.

19 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

If you get paid to do a job, you do as your instructed (if it's an illegal instruction, you do get a choice). Generally the only time you don't follow the instructions given to you from a higher authority is when you no longer want that job - in which case you tell your boss to shove it where the sun doesn't shine. The instructions given to these stewards were not illegal.

The jobsworth is the person telling these stewards to move fans, at least direct the blame to the right place.

Correct.

Archived