IGNORED

World Cup Playoffs (Merged)

RaspberryRed

32 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

Italy will regroup and will push fresh blood through. Just like France & Brazil. At least these countries rectify their issues, unlike England.

England wont rectify any issues until the PL goes bust and more English players get a chance again at top clubs 

3 hours ago, cityexile said:

I propose a 24 hour amnesty for our Swedish contingent as I suspect their posting might get just a little more ragged as the night goes on...

Congratulations to Sweden.

Thanks, dont know how we could have clean sheets 2 games vs Italy. Our boys was figthing and fighting. At half time we run out of gas. Second still no petrol and we could hold on. Really dont know what to say. Its football. We are very happy here in Sweden. England-Sweden in world cup! We can defend but dont know how we should score. Anyway, we are in world cup and its big for a small country as Sweden. Iceland, Sweden and maybe Denmark. 3 small countries in Scandinavia. Of those 3 countries the Danes plays the best football.

7 hours ago, Garland-sweden said:

Thanks, dont know how we could have clean sheets 2 games vs Italy. Our boys was figthing and fighting. At half time we run out of gas. Second still no petrol and we could hold on. Really dont know what to say. Its football. We are very happy here in Sweden. England-Sweden in world cup! We can defend but dont know how we should score. Anyway, we are in world cup and its big for a small country as Sweden. Iceland, Sweden and maybe Denmark. 3 small countries in Scandinavia. Of those 3 countries the Danes plays the best football.

Shame Denmark won't be there :fear:

16 hours ago, BA14 RED said:

Fair play to Sweden but heartbreaking to see Buffon end his amazing career for Italy like that imo.

Why heartbreaking? Did you know the guy intimately? you win or you lose, thats it. Italy will or should not be missed; they usually play the most defensively boring football at world cups; matches with them involved from (after) Paolo Rossi onwards have generally been utterly turgid affairs. Mind you, Sweden are not much softer on the eye.

16 hours ago, Rob k said:

England wont rectify any issues until the PL goes bust and more English players get a chance again at top clubs 

Interestingly the media were talking about how few German players play in the Budesliga these days yet they still seem to manage pretty well; maybe the national team is on the wane from next year. Brasil, Argentina, Belgium and England in the last 4 then.

15 hours ago, Cunnyfunt said:

I have to say I'm gutted that we won't be hearing the Italian national anthem come the summer. 

Play it the background is my advise.

15 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

And Iceland

It'll be a Russian fix for sure. Iceland, Sweden, Russia and England - is it 4 or 5 in a group? if 5 then someone like Australia who will of course beat us. Arghh but no but it has to have an African team and only 3 European teams am I right?

5 hours ago, Super said:

Sad end for Buffon not nice seeing the bloke in tears last night but what a fantastic career he had. True Legend.

What a class act he was last night. Before the tears and while his team mates were lying sobbing into the San Siro soil, Buffon went to every Swedish player to congratulate them before letting emotion get the better of him. He also clapped the Swedish national anthem.

Great keeper and a classy individual.

3 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

What a class act he was last night. Before the tears and while his team mates were lying sobbing into the San Siro soil, Buffon went to every Swedish player to congratulate them before letting emotion get the better of him. He also clapped the Swedish national anthem.

Great keeper and a classy individual.

He reminds me of Pat Jennings in that regard. Always thought he was a right gent. Hairdo needed some work mind.

31 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

And where is @bristolcitysweden?

He doesn't appear to have posted since last night's match.

Has he been banned again, possibly due to a 'lack of respect'?

Probably still pi55ed and hasn't resurfaced since the final whistle.

Archived