IGNORED

Pre Match Atmosphere v Manchester

One of my favourite videos of City on YouTube. 

We didn't need a ridiculously loud announcer, needless music, just a packed Ashton Gate.

I know it won't happen, as football is different these days, but imagine if everyone was in 10 mins before just beltong out 'come on you reds' with random out bursts of 'bring on the city'.

Last time it felt a little like it was against Rovers in the East end. The sininging whilst wiring outside, and just listening to the noise the other side of the fencing.

Looking e the idea for many reasons:

we have time to sort it

The Televised games usually have empty grounds 15 mins before K. O so we can make it very different and part of the commentary

We all want to be parked very early and in the ground spending money in the ground rather than battling with traffic issues

We did a good job v Palace

We should make our atmosphere different from other clubs/ grounds eg the bounce, old songs other TV watchers will recognise eg Bring on the City, I smell a smell, if you all hate Rovers clap yer hands, we will follow the City, 90s songs, Walk On,  etc

Time to get song sheets and a 7.30 arrival out on social media to pack all of the ground

We don't want empty seats at kick off on TV

We know enough commentators to give us a good Big Up and reference One Team (of relevance) in  Bristol etc etc

16 minutes ago, 054123 said:

We didn't need a ridiculously loud announcer, needless music, just a packed Ashton Gate.

I know it won't happen, as football is different these days, but imagine if everyone was in 10 mins before just beltong out 'come on you reds' with random out bursts of 'bring on the city'.

Last time it felt a little like it was against Rovers in the East end. The sininging whilst wiring outside, and just listening to the noise the other side of the fencing.

Some day that, despite the result. Was hanging from the previous night, Bruno v Tyson iirc. 

The pre match atmosphere everywhere has died because of all seated stadia where fans wait in the concourse chatting and drinking.

Will it return? Unlikely so if fans want an atmosphere, we have to get in there earlier than we now do.

And cut out the crap music over a tannoy system that we cant understand.

14 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

We should make our atmosphere different from other clubs/ grounds eg the bounce, old songs other TV watchers will recognise eg Bring on the City, I smell a smell, if you all hate Rovers clap yer hands, we will follow the City, 90s songs, Walk on,  etc

"Walk on" as in "You'll Never Walk Alone??!!!! You think that would make us 'different' ?!!! Liverpool?

Bristol traffic notwithstanding, the ideal should be ground as full as possible 10, 15 mins pre game.

Sing, chant- make as much noise as you can.

The last excellent one was the Bristol derby of 2013  IMO. Tremendous- wouldn't it be great if football was like that every week?

And please if you're reading this @Mkelly consider cutting out pregame music, especially for that one. It can really dull, dilute, perhaps kill an atmosphere.

• Admin
1 hour ago, 054123 said:

Was an amazing day. Being a short arse teenager at the time, I don’t think my feet touched the ground much in the east end, packed like sardines that day!

10 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

15 minutes of "You'll never walk alone" before the match sounds good to me.

Back in the days of Gerry Gow and Norman Hunter, it was more like "You'll never walk again" though.

you' ll never walk alone ?

Seriously ?

The you' ll never walk alone,  that is the Liverpool anthem ?

:blink: :blink: :blink:

that would just about label us around the country as completely and utterly tinpot 

Roll on January

In addition to noise what I want to see is a City player - ANY City player crash in to the first tackle with as much grunt as possible.

A big shin scraping, elbow in ribs clattering that will leave the Manure 'ucker gasping.

Worth a bolloxing from the ref.

"So mate - you are on 50K a week - you're going to bloody well earn it tonight"

Put the fear of god into them, and watch them fold like a soggy pack of cards.

Most of their players won't want to know after that.

Just the once  - but  scare the bejesus out of them, and then play the football we are capable of playing.

I suspect quite a few of the manure team will be more concerned about not getting hurt, than the quarters of a comp, that if they reach the final, they will be replaced with a much more senior first 11.

Just my 2p

2 minutes ago, SX227 said:

In addition to noise what I want to see is a City player - ANY City player crash in to the first tackle with as much grunt as possible.

A big shin scraping, elbow in ribs clattering that will leave the Manure 'ucker gasping.

Just the once  - but  scare the bejesus out of them, and then play the football we are capable of playing.

I suspect quite a few of the manure team will be more concerned about not getting hurt, than the quarters of a comp, that if they reach the final, they will be replaced with a much more senior first 11.

Just my 2p

Unfortunately, there is no ref these days that allows any hint of a physical game go unpunished. Especially not when you have the fairies of the prem up against it. 

They'll be like bambi on ice all night if we try that and the ref will buy every single 'foul'. 

The game will be a whinge-fest and very stop start. 

18 minutes ago, SX227 said:

Just my 2p

Let your man know you're there early on.

45 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

So close. Forget a lot of games over the years. But not that one . Sat on the wall next to the park end . Great days . How it’s changed 

Certainly has changed, it is no secret that I hate what football and Saturdays at the game has become....the latest flag risk assessment just about sums it up. Great days have gone for me too much change. :sad26:

Archived