IGNORED

Pre Match Atmosphere v Manchester

2 hours ago, stroud said:

Can you imagine sitting on the wall nowadays if we still had the enclosure health and safety would have a heart attack!!!

Reminds me of being a child and being allowed to take a wooden stool in the old open end so I can stand on it at the front so I could peer through the railings blimey how times have changed 

Im amazed you're still here taking risks like that. 

I don't know how to embed a video - but if the timing is done properly - Fatboy slim's "Right Here Right Now" at full volume gets the hackles up on the back of my neck.

I saw it used in Australia at an AFL match - god was it loud - between Hawthorn and North Melbourne - and at one point you could see the Hawks skipper Luke Hodge actually mouth the words to his opponent Andrew Swallow.

Hodgey (I'm a Hawthorn Hawks member - have been for 20 yrs - sadly only get to AG from OZ 1-2 per season) - looked him right in the eye and said 'right here, right now', and looked around at the 40,000 crowd.

Hodge later thumped Swallow , Lewis knocked out their ruckman and the Hawks won by 60+ points and have won the last 8 against them.

My point being that intimidation - inc crowd and music, can half win you the game before it starts.

Enjoy the music (I suspect some of you won't like the footy thuggery though! - Toughest game in the world is AFL - it's a lot cleaner than it was 20 yrs ago!) - posted for enjoyment only!

Fatboy slim 

Hodge vs North Melbourne

Lewis v North

Turn off the music, no announcements, drink your beer up the local pubs, get in 15 mins before ko. Let the atmosphere build naturally...no hymn sheets or unnatural planning, that's just as bad as the Club playing music imo.

Then see what you get.

If you get no noise...you can't blame the club. If you do...then it will prove passion still exists.

5 minutes ago, spudski said:

Turn off the music, no announcements, drink your beer up the local pubs, get in 15 mins before ko. Let the atmosphere build naturally...no hymn sheets or unnatural planning, that's just as bad as the Club playing music imo.

Then see what you get.

If you get no noise...you can't blame the club. If you do...then it will prove passion still exists.

Quite agree with that.

Seems ideal. Don't see why as a fan base we can't get ourselves up for it properly. Plus we'll be on TV surely, another good reason to.

Archived