IGNORED

The Official 'Come on get behind your Country you never know we could even win the WC or Goodness me that squad is awful.Have you seen the sate of that midfield we'd be lucky to win the EFL Trophy'Match Day thread.

BCFC Rich

In fairness, Tammy being in the squad makes this one a bit more interesting for me. However, the overall quality of the squad is shocking (I know there have been a number of withdrawals but even still). The Midfield, in particular, is very weak. Don't get me wrong I'd happily have any of them at city but when Lindgard is the most creative player in there you have to worry.

Goalkeepers: Jack Butland (Stoke City) Now out injured, Joe Hart (West Ham - loan from Manchester City), Jordan Pickford (Everton)

Defenders: Ryan Bertrand (Southampton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Joe Gomez (Liverpool), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Harry Maguire (Leicester), Danny Rose (Tottenham), John Stones (Manchester City), Kieran Trippier (Tottenham), Kyle Walker (Manchester City)

Midfielders: Dele Alli (Tottenham), Fabian Delph (Manchester City), Eric Dier (Tottenham), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Jesse Lingard (Manchester United), Ruben Loftus-Cheek (Crystal Palace - loan from Chelsea), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City), Harry Winks (Tottenham), Ashley Young (Manchester United)

Forwards: Tammy Abraham (Swansea - loan from Chelsea), Harry Kane (Tottenham), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Jamie Vardy (Leicester)

Here's a question then. Would City, playing on the best form we've shown this season, beat that England side? 

England squad clearly significantly better man-for-man, but taking in to account pressure of playing for England, players not being familiar with each other's styles etc, versus our familiarity with each other and our style. 

If not us, would another top-end Champ side beat that England team? 

6 minutes ago, City Ben said:

Here's a question then. Would City, playing on the best form we've shown this season, beat that England side? 

England squad clearly significantly better man-for-man, but taking in to account pressure of playing for England, players not being familiar with each other's styles etc, versus our familiarity with each other and our style. 

No. That England team is far better than any championshop side, and a bit chunk of prem sides.

Doesn't bother me too much about the players pulling out, we've all seen plenty of those players. The March friendlies will be more important. Don't think anyone will pull out of them. 

I don't like the negativity around the Jack Cork inclusion, after an impressive season so far, why shouldn't he be in there? 

I bet Southgate regrets making those comments about Jack Wilshere publicly now. He's shot himself in the foot with those & couldn't call him up as a replacement because of them & we're stuck with Livermore instead. 

Can't understand the logic behind calling up Livermore and Cork as replacement midfielders but leaving Wilshire and Oxlade-Chamberlain at home but hey ho! Expect it will be something like this (shudder)...

Hart

Walker     Stones     Cahill     Rose

Dier     Livermore

Young     Lingard     Rashford

Vardy

35 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I refuse to believe that Loftus-Cheek is a real person; that's on a par with Tarquin Fin-tim-lin-bin-whin-bim-lim-bus-stop-F'tang-F'tang-Olé-Biscuitbarrel.

Tarquin isn't real? Man there's always one that gives away the good secrets, I'll bet you are the one that tells all the kids that Santa isn't real too. ;)

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

Tarquin isn't real? Man there's always one that gives away the good secrets, I'll bet you are the one that tells all the kids that Santa isn't real too. ;)

Actually I have met Tarquin so I know he's real.

This guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crosby_by-election,_1981

A friend introduced me to him back in ?1988.  He'd changed his name for the election and hadn't bothered to change it back so he was still known as Tarquin; I think he was a Cambridge Uni maths lecturer.

1 hour ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Dier, Lingard, Loftus-cheek and young. Well, that has to be the weakest England midfield I have ever seen.

WE once played Carlton Palmer and any midfield within is the weakest midfield ever.

4 hours ago, City Ben said:

Could get a good idea next month, when we might face a side featuring Jones, Young, Lingard and Rashford. They'll be favourites, but wouldn't rule out us 'doing an Iceland'.

45 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

Can't understand the logic behind calling up Livermore and Cork as replacement midfielders but leaving Wilshire and Oxlade-Chamberlain at home but hey ho! Expect it will be something like this (shudder)...

Hart

Dier     Livermore

Vardy

Southgate's already said we're playing 3 at the back hasn't he? To be fair to him, it's not really his fault that so many first choice players have pulled out. I would have liked to see him call up a few u21 players though, rather than giving Livermore and Cork call ups. Given the success at youth level in the last year, showing them a pathway to the senior team might have been a nice touch

6 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

Southgate's already said we're playing 3 at the back hasn't he? To be fair to him, it's not really his fault that so many first choice players have pulled out. I would have liked to see him call up a few u21 players though, rather than giving Livermore and Cork call ups. Given the success at youth level in the last year, showing them a pathway to the senior team might have been a nice touch

Missed that, and apparently Loftus Cheek is starting so probably nearer to this:

Hart

Stones     Jones     Cahill    

Walker           Dier     Loftus-Cheek          Rose

Lingard                       Rashford

Vardy

2 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

Missed that, and apparently Loftus Cheek is starting so probably nearer to this:

Hart

Stones     Jones     Cahill    

Walker           Dier     Loftus-Cheek          Rose

Lingard                       Rashford

Vardy

That somehow looks better, even though it's not

Germany are also fielding a number of debutants and second string players. From BBC Sport:

"Germany, who like England have qualified for the World Cup, will also be under-strength.

RB Leipzig left-back Marcel Halstenberg will make his international debut at the age of 26, having spent most of his career in the lower leagues.

Goalkeeper Manuel Neuer and defender Jerome Boateng are out injured, while midfielder Toni Kroos is a doubt with a stomach virus.

"It's still a trial period this year. With the tournament in mind, I want to see not only those players who play regularly," Germany boss Joachim Low said."

5 hours ago, BCFC Richard said:

In fairness, Tammy being in the squad makes this one a bit more interesting for me. However, the overall quality of the squad is shocking (I know there have been a number of withdrawals but even still). The Midfield, in particular, is very weak. Don't get me wrong I'd happily have any of them at city but when Lindgard is the most creative player in there you have to worry.

Goalkeepers: Jack Butland (Stoke City) Now out injured, Joe Hart (West Ham - loan from Manchester City), Jordan Pickford (Everton)

Defenders: Ryan Bertrand (Southampton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Joe Gomez (Liverpool), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Harry Maguire (Leicester), Danny Rose (Tottenham), John Stones (Manchester City), Kieran Trippier (Tottenham), Kyle Walker (Manchester City)

Midfielders: Dele Alli (Tottenham), Fabian Delph (Manchester City), Eric Dier (Tottenham), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Jesse Lingard (Manchester United), Ruben Loftus-Cheek (Crystal Palace - loan from Chelsea), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City), Harry Winks (Tottenham), Ashley Young (Manchester United)

Forwards: Tammy Abraham (Swansea - loan from Chelsea), Harry Kane (Tottenham), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Jamie Vardy (Leicester)

Makes you laugh dont it the football league programme gets cancelled for a freindly that players are not interested in playing waste of a football weekend although allowing are injuries to clear up

2 hours ago, ollywhyte said:

Hart

Dier     Livermore

Vardy

wiltshire is injured, he broke his finger the other day

Archived