IGNORED

The Official 'Come on get behind your Country you never know we could even win the WC or Goodness me that squad is awful.Have you seen the sate of that midfield we'd be lucky to win the EFL Trophy'Match Day thread.

BCFC Rich

I've been half watching, only glancing up when I hearcTammy mentioned, and he's had a few mentions. Does seem really weird to see him playing with the big boys. Just read somewhere that about a year ago he was playing for us against Brighton, now look at him now. Great lad, very happy for him. Now get a goal!

58 minutes ago, Reigate Red said:

Can someone explain why we are playing in dark blue (i.e. Scroatland kit) whilst Germany are playing in white - unless I have forgotten what Wembley looks like I thought we were at home :englandsmile4wf:

56 minutes ago, CiderHider said:

thats a point wtf?

Maybe that was a condition if they wore the poppy

VEE VILL VEAR OUR HOME COLOURZ! 

I think it's so we can announce the new home kit before the World Cup? Think this away kit will be sticking around for it seem to remember it happening before when a kit is going "out of date"

England would be winning if Mats Hummels wasn’t playing. Has broken up, intercepted and cleared at every opportunity. This has been an enjoyable 0-0 for me and more the way England should play. Shame Tammy didn’t get a goal but sure had a couple chances. Loftus Cheek hasn’t done himself any harm either. 

Not unenjoyable, but we generally tend to put up a vaguely competent performance against similar or better quality opposition when there is nothing riding on it.

I’m not sure a friendlies against Germany and Brazil help Southgate attempt to resolve the many problems that need addressing prior to next summer.

First thing though. Set piece delivery. Everyone knows how crucial it is and it’s been woeful on the whole!

Loftus Cheek looks a classy player.

I heard after the game he has only played 21 senior games, no doubt most was substitute appearances. He should of played over 100 competitive 1st team games at some level by now.

Feel a bit sorry for him because he has the potential to be a top international player and it seems his career has been stalled.

I wonder if this will happen to Phil Foden?

3 minutes ago, yardy said:

Loftus Cheek looks a classy player.

I heard after the game he has only played 21 senior games, no doubt most was substitute appearances. He should of played over 100 competitive 1st team games at some level by now.

Feel a bit sorry for him because he has the potential to be a top international player and it seems his career has been stalled.

I wonder if this will happen to Phil Foden?

Yea it is a big problem but England need a few things to happen. First, they need some of these clubs to play a few of these youngsters. Everton and Spurs are trying to mix them in but there are 18 other clubs that aren’t.

Then, these players need to leave the club they are at if not getting games. The loans can only go on for so long. Hard to improve when you are in a different place every year. 

If you are leaving but don’t fancy the championship, which has similar problems, then you need to try your luck abroad. We have seen a group of 18 and unders do it recently but need to see more. That means probably taking a wage cut in the short term which is probably the biggest problem. 

2 hours ago, Reigate Red said:

Can someone explain why we are playing in dark blue (i.e. Scroatland kit) whilst Germany are playing in white - unless I have forgotten what Wembley looks like I thought we were at home :englandsmile4wf:

I’m not keen on the dark blue kit. It just doesn’t look like England. I hate the current home kit as well. Will we ever return to a traditional kit for the national side?

38 minutes ago, Offside said:

I’m not keen on the dark blue kit. It just doesn’t look like England. I hate the current home kit as well. Will we ever return to a traditional kit for the national side?

England playing in an all blue kit is disgraceful and should be challenged.

I didn't hear any comments by the commentators or pundits questioning why the hell an England team was wearing an blue kit, ridiculous at any time but even more incomprehensible at Wembley. :grr:

I don't bother to watch England in a meaningless friendly. They're dull enough in a competitive match.

I watched Bath V Leicester on BT Sport. That was a cracking game of top class rugby with two teams who hate each other. It kicked off several times especially at the end when a penalty try was awarded to give Bath the win.

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yea it is a big problem but England need a few things to happen. First, they need some of these clubs to play a few of these youngsters. Everton and Spurs are trying to mix them in but there are 18 other clubs that aren’t.

Then, these players need to leave the club they are at if not getting games. The loans can only go on for so long. Hard to improve when you are in a different place every year. 

If you are leaving but don’t fancy the championship, which has similar problems, then you need to try your luck abroad. We have seen a group of 18 and unders do it recently but need to see more. That means probably taking a wage cut in the short term which is probably the biggest problem. 

Its obvious they need to try there luck abroad.. ive said it time and time again I genuinely think its where we are going wrong, not enough of our young lads are going out and getting an education abroad.. there's no back bone or guts in any of them.. happy to just take whatever shite loan they can get in this country its bollox.

Swansea wasn't the right move for tammy, Besiktas were heavily interested in him but id imagine behind the scenes his agent scared him off that move. Would of been a great move for him that IMO. 

Jadon Sancho's moved to Dortmund is an exciting one, only 17 and getting games for the first team too. Hopefully more will follow in his footsteps.

Archived