IGNORED

The Official 'Come on get behind your Country you never know we could even win the WC or Goodness me that squad is awful.Have you seen the sate of that midfield we'd be lucky to win the EFL Trophy'Match Day thread.

BCFC Rich

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

England playing in an all blue kit is disgraceful and should be challenged.

I didn't hear any comments by the commentators or pundits questioning why the hell an England team was wearing an blue kit, ridiculous at any time but even more incomprehensible at Wembley. :grr:

I loved the one back in 1990.

It's late and can't be arsed trawling through the thread but thought Pickford was a real plus.  Definitely should be given more opportunities.  Loftus Cheek looks class but given his size he may have injuries/weight issues to overcome further down the line.  The comparison with Gazza looks obvious.  Hope he is half the player without the off field issues.

4 hours ago, bris red said:

Its obvious they need to try there luck abroad.. ive said it time and time again I genuinely think its where we are going wrong, not enough of our young lads are going out and getting an education abroad.. there's no back bone or guts in any of them.. happy to just take whatever shite loan they can get in this country its bollox.

Swansea wasn't the right move for tammy, Besiktas were heavily interested in him but id imagine behind the scenes his agent scared him off that move. Would of been a great move for him that IMO. 

Jadon Sancho's moved to Dortmund is an exciting one, only 17 and getting games for the first team too. Hopefully more will follow in his footsteps.

I said many times I thought Tammy should have gone to Germany for a season. He would fit any team there and most likely could have went to a team in Europe. They play less games so not so demanding on a young player either. So yea, I agree about Tammy going abroad and agree about Sancho. He is not the only one though. Think 3 or 4 left academies this summer for clubs in Germany and Portugal if I remember correctly. 

Sounds like it was a decent game. Gonna watch it on catchup.

Agree with posters who say some of younger players should try their luck overseas at times.

Where would Wilshere have learnt more- Bournemouth or one out of AC Milan/Roma who were both apparently fairly keen.

Tammy to Besiktas? I thought perhaps but then they play 1 up front in a 4-2-3-1 so...Turkey international striker plus Negredo the 2 with CL experience so he may have been in and out which probably wouldn't be ideal at this stage. Plus Championship to Champions League in one year- too big a jump?

16 hours ago, BCFC Richard said:

My apologies for missing the 't' it is unforgivable. :disapointed2se: Although in my defense trying to check your title for mistakes before posting when on your mobile phone is actually quite difficult. You have a tiny white box and (in my case) approx 12,000 words to scroll through. 

Happy for a mod to correct it - if that will make your life in the matrix calmer. 

Wow - ok precious !! :P

692DBA40-1A39-4874-B5AC-D769E75FC086.png

Loftus Cheek rightly MOM.  Pickford looked like the best keeper I have seen in ages - 2 or 3 very good saves and Trippier played a big part.

Livermore is about as bad as Henderson.

Tammy didn't see a lot of the ball and whilst he did OK, didn't really shine.  Not easy for him though agaibst some good German defenders, but he will learn a lot from that experience.

Not a fantastic game, but a lot better than recent England performances.  Our midfield did not seem to be working that well and the gaps between ourcentre backs looked a bit wide.

Will be intereating to see how we tackle Brazil who are a completely different proposition.

2 second string teams did make a bit of a mockery of the game though.

11 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

England playing in an all blue kit is disgraceful and should be challenged.

I didn't hear any comments by the commentators or pundits questioning why the hell an England team was wearing an blue kit, ridiculous at any time but even more incomprehensible at Wembley. :grr:

Wouldn't be the first time...England away kit, during late 60's early 70's was all light blue.

I think it's an FA directive that home team wears away kit and away team wears home kit for some strange reason.

eng.jpg

11 hours ago, Robbored said:

I don't bother to watch England in a meaningless friendly. They're dull enough in a competitive match.

I watched Bath V Leicester on BT Sport. That was a cracking game of top class rugby with two teams who hate each other. It kicked off several times especially at the end when a penalty try was awarded to give Bath the win.

I got four 'rubbish' reactions but surely most posters know that have zero interest in football friendlies.. I can't remember the last time I watched one at AG.

I have the same level of interest in international friendlies and I almost certainly won't watch the Brazil one.

Under Southgate England are as dull as it gets to  z z z z z  :fastasleep:.  Worse than watching City of 10years ago. 

That said, I hear the game wasn't too ponderous but the score line says it all to me.

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Wouldn't be the first time...England away kit, during late 60's early 70's was all light blue.

I think it's an FA directive that home team wears away kit and away team wears home kit for some strange reason.

eng.jpg

That's sky blue Coventry colours at best, and clearly an occasional away shirt. In those days there was only a change - for the away team - if colours clashed.

Yesterday England were playing at Wembley, basically in Scotland colours, with no explanation.

Absolutely outrageous not to be wearing either white or red in a home game, yet seemingly accepted without question by almost everybody.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

I got four 'rubbish' reactions but surely most posters know that have zero interest in football friendlies.. I can't remember the last time I watched one at AG.

I have the same level of interest in international friendlies and I almost certainly won't watch the Brazil one.

Under Southgate England are as dull as it gets to  z z z z z  :fastasleep:.  Worse than watching City of 10years ago. 

That said, I hear the game wasn't too ponderous but the score line says it all to me.

Fortunately for those of us that were there the scoreline didn't in fact, say it all.

On 11/10/2017 at 05:01, BCFC Richard said:

In fairness, Tammy being in the squad makes this one a bit more interesting for me. However, the overall quality of the squad is shocking (I know there have been a number of withdrawals but even still). The Midfield, in particular, is very weak. Don't get me wrong I'd happily have any of them at city but when Lindgard is the most creative player in there you have to worry.

Hindsight a wonderful thing of course but can't resist replying to this. I went up last night and was told by both my son and my dad beforehand for the same reasons you allude to, that it would be a waste of time. In fact it was a very enjoyable game and - and to be fair like you I had reservations to say the least about our midfield - our midfield, with obviously L-C the standout, was very effective in both nullifying the Germans the longer the game went on, and instigating some very worthwhile attacking moves.

All in all I was greatly encouraged and the only shame for me was that - and this is just my opinion - Tammy looked a bit out of place at times.

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

I have zero interest in the Rugby result but I'm not on a Rugby forum moaning about it.

I am amazed that you somehow constantly manage to make your comments even more annoying than your Avatar. 

4 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

That's sky blue Coventry colours at best, and clearly an occasional away shirt. In those days there was only a change - for the away team - if colours clashed.

Yesterday England were playing at Wembley, basically in Scotland colours, with no explanation.

Absolutely outrageous not to be wearing either white or red in a home game, yet seemingly accepted without question by almost everybody.

I totally agree...

9 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I was quietly outraged in my car…I think England should always play in red shirts and white shorts. :englandsmile4wf:

22 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Someone else may have covered this but there was an explanation. Nike forced us to wear the blue kit because it’s barely been worn (due to the teams we played in qualifying Eg Scotland having a blue home kit)

awful reason, but that is it.

21 hours ago, NickJ said:

Fortunately for those of us that were there the scoreline didn't in fact, say it all.

Hindsight a wonderful thing of course but can't resist replying to this. I went up last night and was told by both my son and my dad beforehand for the same reasons you allude to, that it would be a waste of time. In fact it was a very enjoyable game and - and to be fair like you I had reservations to say the least about our midfield - our midfield, with obviously L-C the standout, was very effective in both nullifying the Germans the longer the game went on, and instigating some very worthwhile attacking moves.

All in all I was greatly encouraged and the only shame for me was that - and this is just my opinion - Tammy looked a bit out of place at times.

Agreed, was actually a good game for a 0-0 and we showed some promise and attacking intent.

the commentators and others have alluded to it being a German “reserve” team but then what the hell did we have? That wasn’t even a “reserve” england team there were 3/4 new players with no caps and I think one of the lowest capped teams we’ve ever fielded against the world champions!

cant win in this country, we lose (which everyone expected) and it’s “same old England” yet we get a result that was actually alright and a decent performance to boot and it’s all about playing down the opposition.

7 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Solanke, Gunn and Cook called up for England.

Talk about scraping the barrell, I thought they were talking about cricket.

Gunn's father Bryan may have mixed feelings about it, having played for Scotland and naming his son Angus. :whistle2:

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

Solanke, Gunn and Cook called up for England.

Talk about scraping the barrell, I thought they were talking about cricket.

Solanke and Cook....World Cup Winners. Cook as captain and Solanke as Golden Ball.

Incidentally I thought the young guy Gomes looked pretty useful when he came on the other night.

'Scraping the barrel' is what Iceland do when they put a team together!!

On 11/11/2017 at 11:53, Nogbad the Bad said:

It a transparent money making exercise. I mean why buy one England shirt when you can buy several of all different colours?

Lots of professional football clubs do it as well. How often do teams turn up at AG in their home kit when there's no clash? Leeds played at AG in dark blue/black ffs. Their home kit is white as we all know. No only reason clubs do is to sell more club shirts.

26 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It a transparent money making exercise. I mean why buy one England shirt when you can buy several of all different colours?

Lots of professional football clubs do it as well. How often do teams turn up at AG in their home kit when there's no clash? Leeds played at AG in dark blue/black ffs. Their home kit is white as we all know. No only reason clubs do is to sell more club shirts.

Agreed. Just like City wore purple unnecessarily at Fulham a few weeks ago. It's not a big deal in the wider scheme of things but it really annoys me when teams wear their away kit when there is no need. Also having 3rd kits. 

Archived