IGNORED

bunch of bandits

where's the joy

so i'm a diamond season ticket holder in the lansdown and sponsor via perimeter advertising. so I'm chipping in with a bit of cash for the club

just over 6k a season. i get to about 10 away games a season. so i think i qualify as a supporter

then along comes the man u game and I've to pay just under £200 for my ticket including a 2 course meal.

i want my son to come. he lives and works in london so doesn't have a season ticket but gets down the gate 6 times a year and we meet up for the london matches

for him to sit near me in the lansdown i have to buy him another half season ticket £600 and pay for his meal

so its near as damn it a grand for the 2 of us......... FFS

i really think the club have overstepped the mark here and hope the board see sense and stops this banditry

as it stands i will be watching down the pub or hoping to buy two tickets anywhere else in the ground and give up my season ticket seat

Your lucky they offered you a Diamond VIP for £600 for your son, I've just paid £2040 for 2 Diamond packages and £450 for two of us for Manchester United, the pricing on the hospitality for the game however is bang on the money and priced correctly, it's not costing you a grand to watch the game, as £600 of that is a half season ticket for your son. 

The Man Utd fixture is a financial windfall for the club and they're taking full advantage- as any Championship club would do the same.

If you're a VIP member then you pay the VIP price. I can't see what the OP is moaning about 

As a SC holder I'm undecided about whether to cough up £37 to watch Man Utd reserves.

43 minutes ago, where's the joy said:

so i'm a diamond season ticket holder in the lansdown and sponsor via perimeter advertising. so I'm chipping in with a bit of cash for the club

just over 6k a season. i get to about 10 away games a season. so i think i qualify as a supporter

then along comes the man u game and I've to pay just under £200 for my ticket including a 2 course meal.

i want my son to come. he lives and works in london so doesn't have a season ticket but gets down the gate 6 times a year and we meet up for the london matches

for him to sit near me in the lansdown i have to buy him another half season ticket £600 and pay for his meal

so its near as damn it a grand for the 2 of us......... FFS

i really think the club have overstepped the mark here and hope the board see sense and stops this banditry

as it stands i will be watching down the pub or hoping to buy two tickets anywhere else in the ground and give up my season ticket seat

Shouldn't matter how much your ticket cost, they have to make it fair for everyone. Same rules for all sc holders whether it's a £300 sc or £1k it makes no difference. Just because you can afford to part with more cash than most doesn't mean you should be treated differently from the rest of us. If i wanted to bring along a family member to the man i game then i would be told exactly the same, wait for general sale or buy a half season ticket.

IMO the club have got this absolutely spot on. We'd need a stadium twice tbe size if they did it any other way as every man and their dog want to be there for this one.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The Man Utd fixture is a financial windfall for the club and they're taking full advantage- as any Championship club would do the same.

If you're a VIP member then you pay the VIP price. I can't see what the OP is moaning about 

As a SC holder I'm undecided about whether to cough up £37 to watch Man Utd reserves.

I see your point regarding the ticket price, but it’s a rare occurrence to see us in a cup quarter final regardless of whether Utd play their reserves or not.

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I'm going to watch Bristol City. Does this mean you paid the money for your season ticket to watch all the other 23 teams in the league?

2 minutes ago, grifty said:

I'm going to watch Bristol City. Does this mean you paid the money for your season ticket to watch all the other 23 teams in the league?

Exactly. We're in a cup quarter final, who gives a **** who the opponents pick in their team. 

2 minutes ago, The_Don said:

I see your point regarding the ticket price, but it’s a rare occurrence to see us in a cup quarter final regardless of whether Utd play their reserves or not.

A few people saying it's only going to be United reserves and it may well be but it may not also, the club can't price it on what team they think Man u will put out, as it is I personally think united will put a fairly strong side out they will know City aren't no pushover nowadays and it is a good chance for them to get through to the semi's

2 minutes ago, gordie said:

A few people saying it's only going to be United reserves and it may well be but it may not also, the club can't price it on what team they think Man u will put out, as it is I personally think united will put a fairly strong side out they will know City aren't no pushover nowadays and it is a good chance for them to get through to the semi's

Let’s be honest, United’s reserves aren’t quite the same as stoke & palace reserves.

9 minutes ago, The_Don said:

Man Utd are a huge club with some world class players but around the time of the visit to AG they have some very tough PL matches and that along with Champions League is their priority withe the FA cup as third.

The EFL cup is fourth on their trophy list and they'll play their reserves and fringe  players so any Bristolian Man Utd fans wil be sorely disappointed when they see the team sheet.

15 minutes ago, grifty said:

To me the Championship is everything. The cup competitions are a side show that I have very little interest in. That said, if City draw Arsenal in the FA cup home or away then I'd go along. I've never been to the Emirates. I hear it's pretty impressive.

44 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Think you're in for a shock if you think it'll be a team of kids you don't know of...

55 minutes ago, kanemochi said:

Shouldn't matter how much your ticket cost, they have to make it fair for everyone. Same rules for all sc holders whether it's a £300 sc or £1k it makes no difference. Just because you can afford to part with more cash than most doesn't mean you should be treated differently from the rest of us. If i wanted to bring along a family member to the man i game then i would be told exactly the same, wait for general sale or buy a half season ticket.

IMO the club have got this absolutely spot on. We'd need a stadium twice tbe size if they did it any other way as every man and their dog want to be there for this one.

Betty big bollocks is chipping in a lot of cash as he said so deserves better. #wheresthejoy let's all get behind this and get the justice he deserves. :whistle:

Archived