IGNORED

bunch of bandits

where's the joy

I’m a season ticket holder (regular shitmuncher, no fancy dazzle nice dinner, just a meat pie and a thatchers type) and if I want my son to go, who comes every now and then, I either buy a half season ticket too, or he watches at home. same difference. not sure why spending more money should make any odds. 

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I'd be suprised if Mourinho plays any of his stars. There's too much risk of injury in what is to them is fourth on the trophy list.

Here’s the teams from the third and fourth round ties. Hardly a bunch of nobodies. 

Man Utd: Romero (7), Darmian (7), Lindelof (7), Smalling (8), Blind (6), Carrick (7), Herrera (7), Lingard (8), Mata (8), Martial (9), Rashford (9).

Shaw off the bench

Man Utd: Romero (6), Darmian (7), Lindelof (5), Smalling (6), Blind (6), Tuanzebe (6), Herrera (6), Lingard (8), McTominay (7), Martial (6), Rashford (7)

Matic and Lukaku off the bench 

8 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Not really comfortable with someone getting grief for having a more expensive ticket and being a sponsor.

If it wasn't for these investments we would all be paying more.

pretty sure someone else would be paying the same money for ad space tbh

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Here’s the teams from the third and fourth round ties. Hardly a bunch of nobodies. 

Man Utd: Romero (7), Darmian (7), Lindelof (7), Smalling (8), Blind (6), Carrick (7), Herrera (7), Lingard (8), Mata (8), Martial (9), Rashford (9).

Shaw off the bench

Man Utd: Romero (6), Darmian (7), Lindelof (5), Smalling (6), Blind (6), Tuanzebe (6), Herrera (6), Lingard (8), McTominay (7), Martial (6), Rashford (7)

Mourinho didn't have such a hectic PL schedule as he has in December

16 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Shaw off the bench

And Pogba and Rojo due back after international break. They will be looking to get their match fitness up as well.

1 hour ago, The_Don said:

Let’s be honest, United’s reserves aren’t quite the same as stoke & palace reserves.

With players like Argentina's first choice goalkeeper, a player who came on as a sub for England and 2 who played against in the Sweden v Italy World Cup playoff last night they certainly aren't..

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

With players like Argentina's first choice goalkeeper, a player who came on as a sub for England and 2 who played against in the Sweden v Italy World Cup playoff last night they certainly aren't..

Not to mention a certain Swede that is due to be back in the first team squad by the end of the year and will certainly need minutes on the pitch to get match fit.

(No not bristolcitysweden) 

3 hours ago, where's the joy said:

so i'm a diamond season ticket holder in the lansdown and sponsor via perimeter advertising. so I'm chipping in with a bit of cash for the club

just over 6k a season. i get to about 10 away games a season. so i think i qualify as a supporter

then along comes the man u game and I've to pay just under £200 for my ticket including a 2 course meal.

i want my son to come. he lives and works in london so doesn't have a season ticket but gets down the gate 6 times a year and we meet up for the london matches

for him to sit near me in the lansdown i have to buy him another half season ticket £600 and pay for his meal

so its near as damn it a grand for the 2 of us......... FFS

i really think the club have overstepped the mark here and hope the board see sense and stops this banditry

as it stands i will be watching down the pub or hoping to buy two tickets anywhere else in the ground and give up my season ticket seat

Quite simple really, you pays your money and you takes your choice.

It no different for many others irrespective of how much money you've got.

1 minute ago, Marlborough Red said:

Some reserve team . Expect Pogba and Ibrahimovic to feature too. Still think we can get a result on the night. Penalty shoot out would be a result. Wonder who would take ours?

Do you know I`ve been thinking about that recently and what would happen if we got one in a league game. I`d fancy Bobby to score one and MT or Joe too I think. Pato or COD as well perhaps?

In a shoot out though it does come down to cool heads half the time so Bailey or Bakes maybe?

3 hours ago, where's the joy said:

so i'm a diamond season ticket holder in the lansdown and sponsor via perimeter advertising. so I'm chipping in with a bit of cash for the club

just over 6k a season. i get to about 10 away games a season. so i think i qualify as a supporter

then along comes the man u game and I've to pay just under £200 for my ticket including a 2 course meal.

i want my son to come. he lives and works in london so doesn't have a season ticket but gets down the gate 6 times a year and we meet up for the london matches

for him to sit near me in the lansdown i have to buy him another half season ticket £600 and pay for his meal

so its near as damn it a grand for the 2 of us......... FFS

i really think the club have overstepped the mark here and hope the board see sense and stops this banditry

as it stands i will be watching down the pub or hoping to buy two tickets anywhere else in the ground and give up my season ticket seat

Forgive me if I’m wrong but isn’t this just the same as any season ticket holder? You have to pay for cup matches? Why should it be different if you’re a diamond member?

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Mourinho didn't have such a hectic PL schedule as he has in December

It’s a place in the semi final of a major competition at stake. It’s not the first round. 

If the likes of Martial, Rashford and Lingard play against Burton you can bet the side to play a better side, two rounds later, will be as strong, if not more so. 

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

I'd be suprised if Mourinho plays any of his stars. There's too much risk of injury in what is to them is fourth on the trophy list.

Nope it is first on the list as it is the first one that can be won. I agree he won’t be naming a full strength side but outside of a couple like McTominay and Lindelof he will be playing some key players. Players like Herrera, Shaw, Smalling, Martial and Carrick I am sure will feature in some way. Possibly even Ibrahimovic if he is ready for some minutes. I am happy to watch city play whoever is out there and the less “stars” he plays the more likely we get through. So it is win win for me. Plays stars you don’t get to see at AG often or takes it lightly and we give them a hell of a game. 

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

Man Utd are a huge club with some world class players but around the time of the visit to AG they have some very tough PL matches and that along with Champions League is their priority withe the FA cup as third.

The EFL cup is fourth on their trophy list and they'll play their reserves and fringe  players so any Bristolian Man Utd fans wil be sorely disappointed when they see the team sheet.

Fourth on the their trophy list?

Okay, who are the current holders of the trophy?

8 minutes ago, Chris said:

Which is the first trophy won each season with a guaranteed spot in Europe!?

Ah, I remember now.

The EFL cup was until last season (or the season before) was criticised because the bigger PL clubs, like Liverpool, Man Utd et el weren't taking it seriously as it was simply a domestic competition. 

So applications were made to UEFA for the competition to be made an access route to the Champions League and was eventually accepted.

Now those PL clubs with little or  no chance of winning the Premier League like Arsenal or Liverpool take the EFL cup more seriously particularly in the later stages.

6 hours ago, palmerred said:

Your lucky they offered you a Diamond VIP for £600 for your son, I've just paid £2040 for 2 Diamond packages and £450 for two of us for Manchester United, the pricing on the hospitality for the game however is bang on the money and priced correctly, it's not costing you a grand to watch the game, as £600 of that is a half season ticket for your son. 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Ah, I remember now.

The EFL cup was until last season (or the season before) was criticised because the bigger PL clubs, like Liverpool, Man Utd et el weren't taking it seriously as it was simply a domestic competition. 

So applications were made to UEFA for the competition to be made an access route to the Champions League and was eventually accepted.

Now those PL clubs with little or  no chance of winning the Premier League like Arsenal or Liverpool take the EFL cup more seriously particularly in the later stages.

It's not a qualifying route for the Champions League.

Archived