IGNORED

bunch of bandits

where's the joy

7 hours ago, kanemochi said:

Shouldn't matter how much your ticket cost, they have to make it fair for everyone. Same rules for all sc holders whether it's a £300 sc or £1k it makes no difference. Just because you can afford to part with more cash than most doesn't mean you should be treated differently from the rest of us. If i wanted to bring along a family member to the man i game then i would be told exactly the same, wait for general sale or buy a half season ticket.

IMO the club have got this absolutely spot on. We'd need a stadium twice tbe size if they did it any other way as every man and their dog want to be there for this one.

I couldn’t agree more. Well put. 

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Ah, I remember now.

The EFL cup was until last season (or the season before) was criticised because the bigger PL clubs, like Liverpool, Man Utd et el weren't taking it seriously as it was simply a domestic competition. 

So applications were made to UEFA for the competition to be made an access route to the Champions League and was eventually accepted.

Now those PL clubs with little or  no chance of winning the Premier League like Arsenal or Liverpool take the EFL cup more seriously particularly in the later stages.

Liverpool are going to have to pull some strings if they are going to win the EFL cup this season. 

I sorta find it odd .

Someone who has a company that can afford £6000 for a season is calling someone else charging £6000 a "bunch of bandits".

Call me controversial but I wonder if the customers of the company paying £6000 feel that they always receive the best possible prices?

Just saying like.

3 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I sorta find it odd .

Someone who has a company that can afford £6000 for a season is calling someone else charging £6000 a "bunch of bandits".

Call me controversial but I wonder if the customers of the company paying £6000 feel that they always receive the best possible prices?

Just saying like.

You’d prefer communism..?!

8 hours ago, where's the joy said:

so i'm a diamond season ticket holder in the lansdown and sponsor via perimeter advertising. so I'm chipping in with a bit of cash for the club

just over 6k a season. i get to about 10 away games a season. so i think i qualify as a supporter

then along comes the man u game and I've to pay just under £200 for my ticket including a 2 course meal.

i want my son to come. he lives and works in london so doesn't have a season ticket but gets down the gate 6 times a year and we meet up for the london matches

for him to sit near me in the lansdown i have to buy him another half season ticket £600 and pay for his meal

so its near as damn it a grand for the 2 of us......... FFS

i really think the club have overstepped the mark here and hope the board see sense and stops this banditry

as it stands i will be watching down the pub or hoping to buy two tickets anywhere else in the ground and give up my season ticket seat

Finding it hard to take this post seriously? Surely this is not from a real City fan??

There is never a chance that all the time ever ever ever ever ever everyone is going to be satisfied and happy. It is the way it is. Tough titty tatta titty tootoo. Sorry i bought a lemon from a greengrocer up the road. Cost me 30p  the feecing bastard got it home and the rind was ripped. Good god almighty anyway my G&T still tasted great. Anyway watching city v manu anywhere at home will be good for me. Some will still whinge though.

14 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I sorta find it odd .

Just saying like.

The irony is brilliant - the club have got the pricing wrong but I'll begrudgingly pay and it will sell out.... so they had it spot on then 

so i'm a diamond season ticket holder in the lansdown and sponsor via perimeter advertising. so I'm chipping in with a bit of cash for the club

just over 6k a season. i get to about 10 away games a season. so i think i qualify as a supporter

then along comes the man u game and I've to pay just under £200 for my ticket including a 2 course meal.

i want my son to come. he lives and works in london so doesn't have a season ticket but gets down the gate 6 times a year and we meet up for the london matches

for him to sit near me in the lansdown i have to buy him another half season ticket £600 and pay for his meal

i really think the club have overstepped the mark here and hope the board see sense and stops this banditry

as it stands i will be watching down the pub or hoping to buy two tickets anywhere else in the ground and give up my season ticket seat

You've got the money so put it where your mouth is !!

A post about how much money you have and what a Superfan you and your family are is not welcome !!

Not sure how you are being hard done by here, especially to the extent of calling the club a 'bunch of bandits' - I may be wrong but you seem to be eligible for Man Utd tickets by pretty much buying the same package you are used to at most games? And your son, who gets to six home games a year and meets you for London away games? Well that was three away games last season....Fulham, Brentford and QPR...I know plenty of guys who go to every game home and away and they won't get a ticket for the Man Utd home game....

Your financial outlay is admirable, and it certainly contributes to the club's sustainability - but I'm not sure your woes about your situation and that of your son are entirely credible regarding the Man Utd game....lots of more deserving fans will not be in the ground that night....

27 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Not sure how you are being hard done by here, especially to the extent of calling the club a 'bunch of bandits' - I may be wrong but you seem to be eligible for Man Utd tickets by pretty much buying the same package you are used to at most games? And your son, who gets to six home games a year and meets you for London away games? Well that was three away games last season....Fulham, Brentford and QPR...I know plenty of guys who go to every game home and away and they won't get a ticket for the Man Utd home game....

Your financial outlay is admirable, and it certainly contributes to the club's sustainability - but I'm not sure your woes about your situation and that of your son are entirely credible regarding the Man Utd game....lots of more deserving fans will not be in the ground that night....

Just out of interest, what sort of people will go to practically every game of the season and not qualify for a Man U ticket. Why would they not ?

I'm skint and I've annoyed a lot of people on here recently but damned if I'm missing this because:

(a) if we don't reach another QF for another 28 years I'll be in my early eighties (if I'm lucky)

(b) I was at Forest in 89, Chelsea in 90, both home games against Liverpool in 1994 (and should have gone to the replay at Anfield) and we don't get games like this very often

9 hours ago, where's the joy said:

There are no words to express how much I am repulsed by this post, so this will have to do

:violin::violin::violin::violin::violin:

9 hours ago, where's the joy said:

If the only way your son qualifies is for you to spend £600 then you have failed to take advantage of the relatively inexpensive loyalty schemes the club has put in place. Not least of all a 20 quid membership.

Personally I'm delighted to see the club prioritising tickets based solely on demonstrable loyalty, not who pays the most. Support should always be defined first by how much you support the team not how much you spend.

Oh and by the way your £200 ticket for United represents 3% of your £6k investment. If the average season ticket holder spends £400 then 3% of that would be £12 for a United ticket. So relatively speaking this game is more affordable for you than it is for an ordinary season ticket holder.

Enjoy your prawns!

Still watching the same match though aren't we,whether from the Atyeo/South stand or the Lansdown boxes and everything in between? That is the purpose of going isn't it, or have people been dazzled by the sidelines and forgotten the real meaning of the match and football in general?

It's like people who drive around in flash motors, they still have to sit in the same traffic as I do, drive over the some potholes. 

I think this whole thread has neatly encompassed the whole "are we a club or a some sort of corporate monster" argument.

I enjoyed my days of old on the terraces, and whether we were in the Top Division or 4th Division we always felt we (the fans) and the club were as one. Now it seems, we aren't as close. We become more Arsenal than old fashioned Bristol City. Thats a shame, but times move on and I personally think that the youth of today are missing out. I'm sure older generations said similar about mine.

14 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

I think this whole thread has neatly encompassed the whole "are we a club or a some sort of corporate monster" argument.

I enjoyed my days of old on the terraces, and whether we were in the Top Division or 4th Division we always felt we (the fans) and the club were as one. Now it seems, we aren't as close. We become more Arsenal than old fashioned Bristol City. Thats a shame, but times move on and I personally think that the youth of today are missing out. I'm sure older generations said similar about mine.

I don't think anyone can argue that the 70's were City's best decade......for club and fans.

10 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If the only way your son qualifies is for you to spend £600 then you have failed to take advantage of the relatively inexpensive loyalty schemes the club has put in place. Not least of all a 20 quid membership.

Personally I'm delighted to see the club prioritising tickets based solely on demonstrable loyalty, not who pays the most. Support should always be defined first by how much you support the team not how much you spend.

Oh and by the way your £200 ticket for United represents 3% of your £6k investment. If the average season ticket holder spends £400 then 3% of that would be £12 for a United ticket. So relatively speaking this game is more affordable for you than it is for an ordinary season ticket holder.

Enjoy your prawns!

Plus it hasn't been mentioned that because he advertises via pitch side hoardings, he should be seeing some financial return in respect of orders from supporters, both in the stadium and on TV,  so I would hazard a guess that the £6000 initial outlay, is actually very considerably less at the end of the year.

1 hour ago, DKM Len said:

I'd double the amount you have to pay because you started your gripe with 'So'. 

There are two things in modern life that annoy me immensely. One is the use of, mainly by academics and the well off, to begin every answer to every question with "so". The other is the use of the word "Solutions" in company names. 

20 hours ago, Robbored said:

I'd be suprised if Mourinho plays any of his stars. There's too much risk of injury in what is to them is fourth on the trophy list.

A trophy Mourinho has stated he wants to win? Did you see his line up against Swansea? It was strong. Strongly rumoured will be Ibrahimovic first game back too. 

2 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Plus it hasn't been mentioned that because he advertises via pitch side hoardings, he should be seeing some financial return in respect of orders from supporters, both in the stadium and on TV,  so I would hazard a guess that the £6000 initial outlay, is actually very considerably less at the end of the year.

Indeed! That £6k outlay isn't a charity donation, it's a business investment. The club doesn't owe him anything.

Archived