IGNORED

Doncaster v Rotherham

Lanterne Rouge

An odd little stat from Sky just now. They played earlier and that was the first time they had in the league for ten years. I always think of them as being similar sized clubs that play each other every season but I guess they`ve spent the last ten years just missing each other with one going up when the other goes down.

How bored am I?

3 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Another interesting fact stated on Sky was Rotherham’s budget last year was the same as Huddersfield’s! I’m not sure if this is true, as it sounds strange, but that’s what they said 

I believe that is true. I heard some Huddersfield fan talking about it on TalkSport within the last few weeks. Unless he is the Sky fact finder! COYR

I don't ever believe any stat that Sky Sports spout without checking it first - something they seem incapable of doing! 

Eg - before our game away at Wolves this season they said Bristol City "hadn't won a game on a Tuesday night since 2012" - so I helpfully tweeted to them the extremely numerous times we had actually won on a Tuesday since 2012 - yet got no response despite me requesting they correct their error on air.

And when the England U17s recently won the World Cup they said that a lad from Spurs was the only member of the team who had actually played for the first team at his club....yet Fulham's Sessignon was in the team and he's played nearly 40 games for his club!

Their research is pathetic and amateur...

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I don't ever believe any stat that Sky Sports spout without checking it first - something they seem incapable of doing! 

Eg - before our game away at Wolves this season they said Bristol City "hadn't won a game on a Tuesday night since 2012" - so I helpfully tweeted to them the extremely numerous times we had actually won on a Tuesday since 2012 - yet got no response despite me requesting they correct their error on air.

And when the England U17s recently won the World Cup they said that a lad from Spurs was the only member of the team who had actually played for the first team at his club....yet Fulham's Sessignon was in the team and he's played nearly 40 games for his club!

Their research is pathetic and amateur...

It was another Sessegnon, the younger brother.

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Just for fun, off the top of my head.

2013: Watford (h)

Crawley (h)

2014: Brentford (a)

Peterborough (a)

Port Vale (h)

2015: Doncaster (a)

Swindon (h)

Leyton Orient (a)

Bradford (a)

Wolves (h)

2016: Leeds (h)

2017: ummm?

I’m sure I’ve missed a few :laughcont:

4 hours ago, OwlsonlineAdmin said:

It was another Sessegnon, the younger brother.

You are right, but it's the twin brother of Ryan, he's Steven and both have played for Fulham's first team, so the point still stands, Sky Sports said only one member of the England U17s World Cup Final team had played for their club's first team and they were wrong. The lad Oakley-Boothe from Spurs had played a league cup match for Spurs and Steven Sessegnon has also played a league cup match for Fulham's first team - against Wycombe...and also another member of the team, Gibbs-White, has played for Wolves' first team...Sky Sports just don't seem to be able to research accurately...

5 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You are right, but it's the twin brother of Ryan, he's Steven and both have played for Fulham's first team, so the point still stands, Sky Sports said only one member of the England U17s World Cup Final team had played for their club's first team and they were wrong. The lad Oakley-Boothe from Spurs had played a league cup match for Spurs and Steven Sessegnon has also played a league cup match for Fulham's first team - against Wycombe...and also another member of the team, Gibbs-White, has played for Wolves' first team...Sky Sports just don't seem to be able to research accurately...

All these double barrel names, the average footballer certainly seems to be getting a lot posher.

Just waiting for Digby Ponsonby-Smythe to get a call up. :blink:

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

There were more too...Chelsea's Callum Hudson-Odoi and Arsenal's Emile Smith-Rowe - just how posh are our U17s?!

We'll have a whole team of these posh double barrels before too long.

Running out at Wembley to Dave and Ansell Collins no doubt.

Or was it Dave Nansell-Collins? :dunno:

Double barrelled names were once considered posh and only for a certain class, in these modern times it's more of an indication of a child born where the parents aren't married isn't it and so he/she takes both names. Quite different. 

Im not sure though what happens when little Flint-Bryan later in life hooks up with  Miss Fielding-Pack...double barrelled could potentially become quadruple barrelled for their offspring!

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Double barrelled names were once considered posh and only for a certain class, in these modern times it's more of an indication of a child born where the parents aren't married isn't it and so he/she takes both names. Quite different. 

:shocking: What?! Are you really suggesting some of these young footballers may not actually be the offspring of the aristocracy? :dunno: :surrender:

Archived